Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Searching for the Fool (closed)

Aries Stirling (played by TheLily)

Subject: Masked Heroes in Metrocity

Recently, a new breed of "heroes" have sprung up across the city, finding themselves above the law when it comes to taking down other criminals. This should not sanctioned by the Metrocity Police, and there have been rewards offered for the removal of these vigilantes. While their hearts are in the right place, there is too much at stake. The lives of both criminals and these caped crusaders are at risk.

I am offering a reward for the identity of a young woman who goes by the Alias "The Red Fool". She is seen by the police force as a danger to herself. She seems to have a clumsy nature to her and when perusing thugs seems to often harm herself as well as innocent bystanders.

I want to bring this menace down.
Cody had been at the library, perusing the internet at his leisure, which meant casting furtive glances over his shoulder to make sure no one could see him trying to hack his way into government websites, when he stumbled across this page. He scowled, the name of The Red Fool jogging his memory.

Never one to leave a trail, though, he hesitated, debating whether or not to leave a message. An anonymous tip, surely, would be fine. Even if it was linked to the IP address--it would only lead to a library.

He began to type:

"Last heard that her whereabouts were in Griffin's Park. Likely to be in the area." Posted by: Anonymous. He hit "post".
Aries Stirling (played by TheLily) Topic Starter

There was barely any pause before a reply came back.

You have more information than you're willing to give, don't you? There is a reward. You can meet me at the park, if you'd like to collect - if you have anything more relevant for me.

Aries touched his fingers to his temples and went to change. He wasted no time in putting on some Kevlar, changing into a plain hoodie and jeans. He had reluctantly taken off his shoes and slipped them into his runners for the gym. He mussed up his hair and shuttered.

He couldn't go out in his suit though, not to that end of town. He drove down, three guards joining him.

One of them was a thin little twig. He wore a jacket and quite frankly, from the looks of his eyes and the patchy way his hair was, tied with the way he shook - he looked like a junky rather than a body guard.

The second one was laid out in the grass. He had a notebook with him and was jotting things down from a textbook. He wore glasses and from here they looked plenty real. He didn't look nervous, but he looked like he fit in here too. It was still decently light out. Most people were safe.

The third... he wore a t-shirt and was running between two spots, testing his time between each. He was fit, probably about the size of Roo, with tanned skin and a handsome smile as he looked over some girls.
Cody sighed and muttered an oath under his breath when the poster replied right away. Well, of course the guy would be lurking; he wanted information and pretty badly it seemed--which heightened Cody's paranoia. He logged off immediately after seeing the post and left the library.

He wasn't sure if he wanted to meet up with this guy. What if he was an undercover cop? And wait--if this girl was a vigilante and Roo was hanging out with her...was he giving secrets away to her? No. Roo wouldn't do that. He knew that much about his best friend.

He drove to the park, weaving between the light traffic on his motorcycle. When he parked, it was across the street and he pulled his black leather jacket around him, concealing the Smith&Wesson revolvers holstered at his waist. Sticking his hands in his pockets, he made a quick circuit around the park to keep an eye on who all was there, before looking for a guy who might be looking for information.

He ambled past a taken park bench to one that was vacant, sat down, and then sprawled out across it. To all intents and purposes he was taking a nap--but he was listening to the people around him, and keeping a squinty-eyed look on those nearby to make sure police or worse, Agents, didn't descend on him.

Aries watched Cody, as he watched all others in the park. He was fine with waiting for him and once he was on the bench, Aries went to him.

"Mind if I sit here?" He gave him a smile full of perfect, straight, white teeth. He stood over Cody for a moment. He didn't look threatening, just merely a passer-by looking to sit down for a few minutes. There were other benches open, however. He knew Cody was his man.

"My name is Aries. It's a pleasure to meet you, my friend." The words sounded hard and foreign in his mouth - tasted odd too. He hadn't had a friend in many, many years.
Cody sat up almost immediately, shading his eyes to look up at the guy. His skin prickled at the man's easy-going attitude and the mention of 'friend' instantly set him on guard.

"I'm no one's friend," he muttered sourly, moving his feet to provide a space. "I assume you're the guy with the post online?" If not, the guy would be staring down the business end of a revolver very shortly. "Name's Cody."

Aries cocked a brow, "Well I don't have many myself. Too much to lose when you get close to another." He paused, "You've seen this young lady I've been speaking of on the forums, haven't you?" He shook his head, bringing a lock of hair out of his eye.

While his suit was gone, he still wore his watch - it was a fine instrument that had set him back nearly five thousand dollars. This man was rich and he had expensive taste.
Cody could piece a man together with one look and this guy set all the alarms off. Expensive tastes, definitely someone used to dealing with strangers and possibly armed men. And not one to beat around the bush.

"You mentioned payment. Why something for a vigilante? Seems a man like you could do better than ask for help."

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Searching for the Fool (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus