Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Emmerich Home (Closed)

Elsie (played by Loki)

Elsie didn't leave her house much these days, so there she was at home, doing some cleaning. Rosalie was having a nap in her play pen, and Steven was upstairs watering all his plants. Michael was in his room painting, so everything was pretty much quiet. Rafe was likely at work, and Elsie was thinking about what they should cook for dinner. She should probably ask the boys what they felt like, since they were going to be eating too. She's got on a purple teeshirt and some black pajama pants, and her hair is piled up in a messy bun. She looks thinner than Sidni probably remembered, but other than that it was the same old Elsie.
Sidni (played anonymously)

Sidni, quite the opposite. Had been anywhere but a house in a while. She had spent the last year just existing. Hotel room to hotel room, sure she got to see some amazing places but it wasn't stable. Sidni had never been stable for that matter, but didnt mean she didn't want it. A flashy blue car slid into the driveway of the Emmerich resident. Sidni stepping out shutting the door behind her. She hadn't called Elsie to tell her she was coming, for one she wanted to surprise her. Hopefully not to much though. Sidni also was a bit thinner, not as curvy as she used to be. This from a lack of sleep, and a lack of eating. Not that Sid was all anorexic now she had just been incredibly paranoid for the longest time. As she approched the door. Sidni knocked in a quick little beat. She was wearing a tight, very loud Orange dress that hit right at her mid thigh, this was matched with teal shades, heels and hoop earrings. Sidni had a small excitment building up inside of her at the prospect of seeing her best friend in person in over a year and a half.
Elsie (played by Loki) Topic Starter

Elsie wondered who that could be at her door, and so she would head over and check out the peephole,something she always did out of paranoia. She almost couldn't believe her eyes, and so she jerked open the door quickly, "Sidni? Oh Sid is that really you?" She'd be doing good if she didn't burst into tears, but she is flinging herself at Sid to give her a very tight welcome back hug. "It's been so long..." Well, it felt like forever to Elsie! She'd look around after letting Sid go, "Come in come in, just...we'll have to be quiet. Rosie is sleeping." Sid would probably be surprised at how big Rosie had gotten!

Sidni lifted up her shades at the sight of good ole Ellers. "Live in person" She said quickly before she too went into a small fit. She hugged Elsie tightly. Trying her hardest not to cry herself. "Feels like 50 years" Sidni blatantly said. slowly knocking her voice down about five octaves as she was told Rosie was sleeping. "Alright I'll be all sneaky and stuff." Sidni clumsily flipped her purse over her should as she slowly made her way into the house. Sidni Immediately noticed a huge lack of purple...It worried her slightly, the place still smelled like Elsie's though, so at least there was that. "Sorry I didn't call, I wanted to surprise you." She said firstly. Sliding her shades onto of her head. "Did it work?"

Elsie would give Sidni another squeeze, and then the door would be shut and locked behind her. She could never be too careful! "Feels like that to me too..." Elsie had missed her bestie something awful. She'll lead Sid into the kitchen, where she could still keep an eye on Rosie, but they could talk. "Can I get you anything?" She'll be getting herself something to drink, "I am surprised, and happy...how long are you in town for?" She almost didn't want to know the answer to that, after seeing Sidni again when it had been so long, she wanted time to catch up.

Sidni followed on behind Elsie, getting herself a seat. "Some water would be fantastic thanks." Sidni tapped her florescent nails glancing around the room, it was quite different than Elsie's old place. "A while." Sidni said "I've wandered around forever, and this is the closest thing to home for me. I was.. ready to come home." She said frankly. "So I'll be here quite a while." Her eyes slowly slide to the room where Rosie was sleeping. Funny how things change, Sidni thought to herself. "How're you, by the way. You look good." Her eyes slid back over to Elsie as she took up the water, taking a good drink of it.

Elsie would of course get Sid a bottle of water, and then she would sit with her at the table. "Really? That's so great!" She seemed very happy that Sidni was going to be around for awhile. "I missed you so much." Sid had probably been able to hear it in Elsie's tone of voice when they'd been able to talk on the phone.

Els would bite her lip, "So are you going to be living uptown? Or downtown?" Sid knew what that meant! As for looking good, she would flush. She didn't really think so, and she didn't comment, "You've lost some weight..." She sounded a little worried, "Have you been alright?" She knew that Sidni was widowed, but she didn't want to bring it up for fear of upsetting her bestie.

Sidni cracked a small smile. "I'll probably live uptown whenever I get a place. It's probably hotels until then." She would ask to stay with Elsie, but she wasn't one to ask things like that of people. Even people she loved and knew wouldn't care. "Yeah lost a bit haven't I?" she noted the worry in Elsie's voice. Nodding a little "I've been ok, not sleeping that well. But I never could sleep in hotels." She reached out a hand and placed it on Elsie's. "I missed you too Elsie, I've been everywhere i wanted to go, but it's nothing without your best friend. Glad to be back."

Elsie made an impulsive decision that she would probably regret later when Rafe found out. "You could stay here for a couple of days until you find a place. We have an extra room." She was just trying to be helpful to one of her oldest friends, hopefully Rafe wouldn't mind. "Uptown was always fancy, but you know the best food was always downtown. Oh...pizza house. I haven't been there in years." Eating greasy pizza wasn't exactly going to help her keep the figure she wanted. "So tell me about your adventures. Where did you go? What did you see? Did you go to France?"

Sidni gave Elsie a smile "I don't want to intrude." She said firstly... "But we could have like a big girl slumber party." she said with a laugh. "Thanks Elsie." Sidni's eyes got wide at the sound of Pizza house. "We need to go like, yesterday." Sidni wasnt worried about her figure, though she probably should be if she started eating like a normal human. She wasnt doing as much running anymore. "I've been everywhere just about, Didn't go Uganda... But yes France was amazing. I was there last before i came back to the states." Sidni glanced into the other room again. "When the kids get older I should take you guys. Rafe too if he wanted to go."

Elsie shook her head, "Nonsense! You're not intruding at all." She'd give Sidni's hand a squeeze, "Besides, I'd love to have you for dinner. Rafe's youngest brother has been staying with us and so it's just been him, the kids and myself for dinner most of the time." Els though Pizza House sounded great, "Maybe we could go there for dinner." One little slice wouldn't hurt anything right? "You'll have to tell me all about your trip. I bet the kids would love to see France one day as much as I would." She didn't comment about Rafe, because she had no idea if he cared about France or not. "Do you need to get your things out of the car? We could put them in a room for you."

Sidni gave a smile. "Well if you're sure it's alright" Sidni really wanted nothing more than to stay. anywhere else she'd be alone and... well Sidni wasn't much of a loner. She nodded in response to pizza, Sidni wanted greasy fatty deliciousness, she'd probably eat four slices if she could handle it she was so starved. "I'll go grab a bag later, it's pretty much crammed full of stuff.." In stuff, Sidni mainly meant clothes. And one gun, though Sidni only kept it just in case, and wouldn't dream of bringing it around Elsie's kids. "The room Itself will be fine, really." Sidni held a smile, she was incredibly happy. It'd been a while.

Elsie nodded and smiled, "I'm sure." It would only be for a few days she figured, and it's not like they were using the guest room for anything else. She'd finally let go of Sid's hand, "If you're sure. I just thought you might want to get settled. Did you take any pictures on your trip?" Elsie would love to see them! "We can't really go anywhere until Rosie's done with her nap anyway, If I wake her too early, she's so cranky and you don't want to deal with that, trust me." She'd give a little laugh. Elsie'd always loved kids, and she had taken to being a mother like a duck to water.

Sidni slid her hand back to her side, keeping her smile. "I'm sure, I settle pretty easily." Sidni nodded. Feeling into her purse for her camera. "I have loads..." 1/703 the camera read. "Loads and loads." Sidni slid the camera over to Elsie. "Yeah I don't expect you to look at them all, I got a bit shutter happy." most of the pictures were of scenery, landmarks, some where Sidni decided she wanted to be all artsy but failed miserably. A lot though were just silly, Like one with Sid standing next to those french robot street performers doing a weird pose. "J'aime La France et" she switched to English halfway through in a stuttering sort of thing as she switched her brain back to English. "That's fine I've been driving forever I'm fine with sitting here for now."

Elsie would take the camera and she'd start going through the pictures, laughing quietly at the silly ones. "It looks like you had a lot of fun." She's just passively going through them, "What does that mean?" She'll look over at Sid, she didn't speak a word of French. "So where were you coming from? I haven't heard from you in awhile. Run into any demon princes?" And then she can't help it, she's giggling. They'd had a lot of fun together in the past!

Sidni grins, "Yes it was quite the time.... oh "I love France" she translated. "Well I flew into Chicago last week and decided I wanted to drive the rest of the way here. As for my months of silence I was just... wandering i guess is the best way to put it." She drummed her nails again. "No" She paused to burst into laugher for a moment" .. actually i was starting to think you and i had just did a lot o drugs by accident untill i got into Northridge last night on my way to the city. Ran into and obvious vampire." She stopped for a moment and laughed. "he was so cheesy, all gothed out and saying how great my neck looked. I would have thought he was a wanna be till he actually tried to bite me." She looked up at Elsie's probably worried face. "Oh it's alright he didn't." They sure had a lot of fun indeed.

Elsie snorted, "I've never done drugs a day in my life, you should know better." She can't help but giggle about the vampire too, it had been a long time since she laughed, and it was nice. That laughter faded and she looked worried when Sid said it tried to bite her, "Are you okay?" Hopefully Sidni wasn't going to have Elsie touch her boob again, because they weren't even at pizza house yet!

"Ah well...those days are behind me. I don't really leave the house much anymore." Since they hadn't spoken in a little while, Els felt the need to fill Sidni in, "They still haven't caught Ivan..." Sidni knew how terrified Elsie was of him, she had been there when Elsie had been brought home. Even though the physical scars weren't there anymore, Elsie would reach up and touch her face where they had been.

Sidni drew up her water again, sipping on it slowly. Listening intently to Elsie. "Ah well that's alright, we'll go do something." She gave a little smile that slowly dropped at the mention of Ivan. It made Sidni sick to think that this guy had just gotten away with what he did to Elsie. Then she Immeaditley felt hypocritical... she herself had gotten away with a lot.

Sidni "Well It's understandable Elsie, But we can still get out and about." Sidni gave a small laugh "Except now we'll be taking the Emmerich Army to the zoo, and other dangerous adventures." Sidni kinda preferred that to say, actual danger around every corner. She even still held onto a fear of Carnivals since that one time. And she still even now held onto a small wariness about beaches.
Raphael Emmerich (played by Minerva)

The hornet's tell-tale, powerful engine announced as the cycle swung into the beachfront property's driveway. Of course, treating it like a prize stallion, they's also hear the garage open, close, and some other hullaballoo of mechanics before he walked in through the side door, attached roughly near the laundry room. He was in his typical attire of workjeans and a ruffled, unimpressive shirt with dark hair strewn about to match as he emerged from the hallway and towards, "Elsie! and..." he squinted at Sidni. Oh. Oh, he should know this one. He'd seen her a few times, but it was ages ago. "...um..." he was on his way to hug Elsie per routine when his steps slowed to match his stupified brain. ...someone help him out here? Aside from aging a few years, and gaining a small fortune, Sidni may be able to glean that Rafe hadn't changed much. The bluest collar white-collar around, these days.

Elsie shook her head, "It's...better at home..." She seemed about to confide something else to Sidni, but Rafe was coming home. She'd smile for her husband, "Sidni." She'd make a quiet gesture, "Rosie's down for her nap, you know how she gets if you wake her up too early." Or maybe he didn't, he usually wasn't ever home this early.

"You're home early...what's the occasion?" She's looking a touch nervous, "I...told Sidni she could stay here for a couple of days...." She'd avoid eye contact with Rafe, "She's moving back to town and needed some time to find a new place." So it wasn't permanent or anything. "We were thinking pizza house for dinner?" It had been a very long time since Elsie had eaten there, and Steven would probably like it.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Emmerich Home (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus