Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Broken toes and Highway robbery!

The stray that I adopted about four months ago, well... he's fattened up, gotten burly as all get out, healthy, happy, quirky...

And somehow, the other day, after mangling his foot by some mysterious means (and I mean mangled, he broke every toe on that foot) managed to haul himself up over our 7 foot fence and safely into my backyard, where he completely gave up the fight on the patio and waited for me to carry him inside.

I was SO MAD AT HIM at first, but after the vet told me that he didn't do this jumping off the fence, and that the manner of break suggested something -crushed- his foot, I was both impressed and touched that he fought so hard to get back home. My little guy knew I'd make it better, if he could just get there.

2012-06-20%2023.17.08.jpg

$400 for a splint, can you believe that? They didn't even do anything invasive, no pins (none small enough to set all the metacarpals) and no surgery. He's super doped up right now, and FINALLY sleeping, after quite the fight to get him to relax.

Send him your good thoughts so that swelling goes down, and his toes can heal!
Dawww tiny itty bitty kitty splint!

i hope he gets better soon!
Sanne Moderator

Poor kitty! D: I'm glad he'll be fine. Give him a hug from me. <3
Oh goodness! He's so fluffy! I am glad he made it home to you so you could get him patched up! Poor guy, hope he is feeling better soon! Also, your vet sounds crazy expensive! D:
Minerva

Find another vet imo. But i'm glad he's doing better. Cats really do need splints. I know a cat that chewed open his wounded leg and pulled the broken bone out. Now he's a tripod. Glad your little guy is okay. Supercute.
Awwwww poor fella! :( I hope he gets better soon! Lots of hugs and pets from me, the little sweetie.
Eve

AWWWWWWWWWWW OH MY GOD THAT IS THE SWEETEST THING (him coming home that is)

Crossing my fingers for him <33

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Broken toes and Highway robbery!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus