Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » it's good to be alive.

Minerva

no, really. I haven't had an asthma attack in almost ten years... Until last night. It was said i had grown out of it. No inhalers, nothing. It faded and Derek had to cpr me, got me to his uncle who had inhalers (far closer than the hospital, 2 mins versus 20), and i struggled for the rest of the night. Still, it's things like that, that make you value the whole living thing. I know a lot of people here are going through rough times. Just remember, it could always be worse, and value EVERYTHING you have that is good. Brood not on the ill, it is only a step in the stadium of your life.
I'm really glad everything turned out alright, Minerva! There's a lot they still don't understand about Asthma, and yet it can get very serious very fast. Do you know what triggered it? (Maybe you should get an emergency inhaler just in case?)

I have asthma too, exercise-induced which means they really don't know what triggers it when I'm outside running around. I haven't had any problems but occasionally I'll get the symptoms. I'm without an inhaler as well...so I guess I know what I'm doing as soon as I move.

Glad you're still with us! And kudos to Derek for his fast thinking!
Minerva Topic Starter

cumulative. The house we're leaving has wood rot, bad plumbing, mildew etc but ive lived with that for years. The door window fell out yesterday so may have added to it, but id already been sleeping by a broken window for years, cardboarded. I'd stirred up a lot of dusty places planning to move, and we had sprayed some raid. It could be many things. Also there is something i may be labeled insane for but we've battled with a haunting in the house since we moved in. Our cell phone was hidden in an odd place that made no sense we couldnt find and it was our only contact. Half an hour after derek said "we're moving out and there's nothing you can do about it." my lungs stopped working entirely. I'm so glad derek came back, his family had tried to convince him to leave me there for another week while he was in houston. I could have died with my daughter in the house in the woods.
Minerva Topic Starter

( and i mean bad haunting. doors getting blockaded to divide us or keep us in or out, a knife found in a wall once, BAD STUFF. Things falling off of shelves... Terrorizing my daughter even when we did everything we could not to talk about it to plant a seed. We have to get out and finally have a chance.)
Oh no, that's horrible :( You should get a check-up about that, or at least get an inhaler. And as for the other stuff, at least you're leaving the house, right? You said about stirring dusty places by getting ready to move, so you only have to put up with the place for a little bit longer. Just hang in there!
Minerva Topic Starter

We leave today in 2 1/2 hours. Im at grampas now, he let me stay the night to get out of the house. We'll have to come back next weekend to get everything but the timing was curious--our last day.
Holy crap, that sounds like a horrid house. I've lived in haunted houses before, but just weird crap happened. Nothings malicious has ever happened to me. I am a firm believer in spirits (good and bad) so to me the doesn't sound insane.

However I'm glad to hear that your doing better, it would have scared the living crap out of me. Good luck with the move.
Minerva Topic Starter

lol in the car we're being loaned until we're on our feet, in a drivethru at a town half an hour out from ours. That house was the spitting definition of haunted. Things would even break more rapidly whenever you tried to repair or get it cleansed, and everything important to the immediate moment would get targeted. and outside, inside, it looked like some hollywood stuff because of it.
Minerva Topic Starter

updates: until we find an apartment we're living out back of dereks parents place in a tent. Its like, the taj mahal of tents, 12 x 11 feet, can convert to 3 room or one big open. Up to five unzippable, netted windows. Skylight open, but coverable. Romeo, our cat, is confused but settling. Woke up at five am to a few hundred birds, a few roosters, hens, a donkey, and a cow and some dogs are starting to put in their two cents. It was very comfortable and didn't trigger allergies. In fact I feel endlessly better after one night away from that godforsaken place. The old mattress smells kinda interesting now that morning dew sprinkled it, and i smelled a cottonmouth last night so we're being careful. When it's bright i'll send loki some pics and see if she can upload them. If she wants. I sent a soundclip of what i woke up to lol. (heehawww).
Minerva Topic Starter

er, 20 by 11, even better!
Minerva Topic Starter

our cat is brilliant and stupid at the same time. How can this be? well, after a few days, he learned to work the zipper of our tent door. So, when we're out and he's lonely, he goes to prance about. How is this stupid? Well, we're not entirely in the wild, just semirural property. One neighbor has over 20 dogs alone. This land has a big chow. the pasture behind us has dogs. And the otherside. The street ahead of this property has wandering mutts. all in all there's about 35 territorial dogs on all sides. I'm gonna have to find a way to knot the zippers together when we leave so he doesn't get himself killed.
wow... I'm glad you are ok... really.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » it's good to be alive.

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus