Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Trip to the Temples(1x1)

Chiara (played by Loki) Topic Starter

Chiara blushed anyway, "Populus cooks sometimes too. She's just very busy and doesn't often have time for mundane things like that." She felt the need to defend her wife, even if Qinglau hadn't been giving a criticism. After that they can walk quietly until they come upon the cabin, and she'll let them both in. "Did you need help with the charger?" If he could figure it out himself, she was going to head to the back to pack up a medium sized dufflebag with things that she needed. Changes of clothes, toiletries and other assorted things.
The Serpentmasters (played by Minerva)

Qinglau's brows knit. "Too busy for a spouse? Perhaps my idealization of relationships is flawed." not exactly like he had that many of them. He shook his head. "If I can particlize memory and store it in ice, I imagine I can figure... This out." he still... Struggled with the package. Qinglau doesnt really turn red as much as gains color, bringing to realization how naturally pale he is. "...Do you have scissors?" but if he can get that out of the way, he fiddled with the prong. Okay, different from his inventions but... "...where is your power source?" ...okay maybe he does need help. BUT HE CAN FIND THE HOLE AND PUT IT IN.

Chiara wouldn't quite have time to pack yet, because she's getting scissors for Qinglau, though she's a little hesitant to hand them over because he can't see well and she's afraid he'll hurt himself. She did hand them over though, and hopefully he got one end into the phone, "Here, the outlet is right here." She'd push her toaster out of the way, to show him the hole in the wall where the plug went. Can he figure it out from here?

He wasn't totally helpless. If there was one thing he was good at using, it was his hands. Though she may notice him stripping off his glove and once-overing the closed blade with his hand before taking the cut, and leaning forward to inspect the socket once the contraption was free. The rest, he could figure out. Let an old man do something and keep his confidence. From there it could charge as he packed, and wandered the house with one ungloved hand tracing nearby solid surfaces. No real direction, it seems. But still, he ended up gazing at the fire. was it lit, or not? Regardless it would be one of the highest energy locations in the house if only residually. "Hopefully your wife doesn't think I'm whisking you away in some dramatic romance." No, Qinglau. she knows you too well to think that. But she had been kind of forceful.

Chiara would let him plug it in then, and the fireplace is lit. She'd have to make sure Gabriel kept it that way too. She could come out with her dufflebag and she'd set it down next to her tote. It wasn't quite zipped up all the way, and she'd pause to look over at Qinglau, her cheeks coloring. "I'm sure she doesn't think that at all." She wouldn't deny being attracted to him, she just wouldn't bring it up. "Ah...let's see. One last thing..." She's looking around, and then hesitantly calling, "Luci? I need a favor..." He'd been passively keeping an eye on her, she was hoping he'd show up, or at least listen. She didn't want to come back to her house smelling like a garbage dump. If Luci did appear, he may or may not notice the little yellow rubber duck that was showing in her dufflebag, since she'd been distracted from zipping it up.
Luci (played by Minerva)

Qinglau, then, watched the flames. "Do you need me to put it out? Leaving it burn seems hazardous." ///// But then someone was being called. Typically it took more than that, but Chiara was set to a level of pampered care, all things considered. The shepherd's cowl was a colorful affair, and his Talaria caught even Qinglau's attention with its size and plumage. Though the blur of color never solidified to the King's eyes, it washed into a defined form in front of Chiara. "Yes?" ///// To Qinglau, that was... Interesting. Like the caduceus, enough to demand a quick switch of oculars to red. And then... a blank stare. His boy would never wear anything but blue... except on aliases. But... He could detect him, and this man felt different--unless he had the cloak. But no, Zenthus would never hide from him. In fact, something came to mind--a distant bit of information. "...Wilson, I take it." ///// yeah, chiara. Luci has another identity, as evidenced by the way he froze, and turned, and... grinned with (c)
Luci (played by Minerva)

--tiddlyfinger wave, although he had ruffled so thoroughly even the tiers of his outfit had fluffed up. He spun back about to face Chiara, eyes darting between the two. "...and, ah, what is going on here?" don't worry, Luci. It's far better than you think.

Chiara shook her head, "No, it stays lit. Someone will come take care of it." Luci's there though, and Chiara looks relieved, "Oh, I'm going away for a little bit with Neo, I was wondering...could you eat the food in my fridge so it doesn't go to waste?" Yeah, such a hard favor for you to do Luci! And yes, she did mean all of it, overstuffed as the thing was. "Er...both of them actually." Don't forget the one in the library! "And can you have Gabe check on the fire too?" She didn't like for it to go out, in either place. She didn't seem to care that Qinglau was calling him Wilson, Luci had so many names even she wasn't sure what to call him half the time.
Luci (played by Minerva)

"...Neo? Really?" he sounded incredulous, as much about the name as anything. Yeah, okay, Wilson. The wave returned was fingers together, wrist flexing back and forth with the opposite arm around his waist. Still, Luci boggled. "So... You... want me to do you the favor... Of eating an enormous amount of food... By a world class chef? Yeah, I think I can handle that." still, he looked... Confused. "Populus knows, right?" but if all seemed well he saluted and popped out, right back to his duties. ...then back in, to open the fridge, pull out a loaf and pop right back out. //// Qinglau blinked burning red eyes away for mild blue again. "I take it he is the stave-bearer." just a... guess.

Chiara blinked, "What's wrong with Neo?" When Luci repeats the favor, Chiara nods, "Yes please. I don't want it to all go to waste or to smell up the house." Such a hard favor Luci, he might not be able to handle it! "Yes, I told her first. I didn't want to...disappear on her. I thought...she might worry if I did that." Considering what just happened to Draeval. Luci accepts her offer, and when he pops back she'll try and get in a quick, "Don't forget to remind Gabe about the fire!" Before her attention is back on Qinglau, "Er...yes. How could you tell?" Seriously he'd been there for less than two minutes!

"He looks a tremendous deal like my late son. Enough that they both knew of it. One of that man's lovers visited his island before. They didn't get along well." to put it mildly. "For a moment I thought my boy had concocted a new alias... That's just like him. But he'd never hide it from me. And, of course, that man's features are a bit less striking. Still, an eerie reflection."

Chiara seemed confused, "Oh..." She's really clueless about everything, unfortunately. She'll go back to her dufflebag and she's zipping it up all the way, before slinging it and her tote over her shoulder. "Did you want to check the phone?" He should at least be able to turn it on by now since it had a direct energy source.

He picked it up and... Still looked confounded. "It says it's still charging." because you have to unlock it and turn it on, nonuts. He sighed, detaching and pocketing. "We'll deal with it later. Come on. Do you have everything you need?" he offered his elbow.

Chiara nodded, "It'll take awhile to charge fully. But you can get into the phone now at least." He's pocketing it to look at later, and she assumes it's because he doesn't want her to see what's on it, which is fine by her. "I do." She had the tote she'd been carrying around with her, and the dufflebag so she was all set. She would take his arm again, ready to be off!

"Excellent. You'll want to make sure it's packed well, and... Hold on tight in case of turbulence." and with that he faced her. The looped arm reached to help support the bag and the other pulled her in. Don't worry, Ferous. It's no 'move'. He isn't that slick. No, as tight as she's pulled, the reason becomes evident. First, all colors distorted, congealed, and stretched in a dizzying display. A moment of supreme black, passing bubbles and a new, bright world sculpting past. and then it stopped. ...and they fell. Towards water, in fact. Endless fields of water. He was to fall first, he made sure. The water bowed out and away, before sealing over. would she drown? No. Though feeling the water's pressure, she didn't even get wet. Again, turbulence. a rapid flow of blue, coasts blowing by in a blink, and it stopped. A release and he stood, pulling her up with. ...dry, somehow. Blame the water spirit. She would find herself at an inlet near mountain's base, creating an oasis effect. "...I... Have trouble with--

--depth perception, especially at that range. The next move should be easier as I can locate my own signature. I just imagined you need time to catch your breath."

Chiara wasn't expecting Qinglau to pull her closer, and she turned a bit pink, even though she knew it didn't mean anything. The colors shifting and all is makes her feel sick, so she's going to squeeze her eyes shut, and hope that it'll soon pass.

She's going to open them at the wrong time though, and she gives a short shriek at what she sees. They're falling and she can feel the pressure for the water, and she's trying to take a deep breath, but she's having trouble. When they finally stop she's breathing a little harder and she looks somewhat frightened. "Thanks..." She didn't know what she'd been expecting for travel, but it certainly hadn't been that. "That happens every time you...travel?" She didn't know how he could stand it.

He released her as she struggled. "Ah... Only transplanar or to certain locations. Once in homeland, there are better methods." he walked away calmly, apparently used to crashing about. Hands in pockets, he walked towards a rocky formation into the sands. One hand emerged, and he seemed to speak the letter "x". What, marks the spot? Apparently, because the sand quaked and shifted as the stone emerged further, shaking out old bones from deep in the sand and revealing the 'rock' to not be part of the mountain, but a petrified root--tree of which was not to be seen, and thick enough to be its own redwood alone. The nearby silt pulled in and collected beneath the main arc, forging an arcane door which cracked open and revealed blackness on the other side, "Care to walk? It's never far to anywhere, this way." whatever... that way was.

Chiara took a minute to catch her breath, and then she was following along behind Qinglau, her bags held close against her. "Sure..." She's eyeing the entrance, and if he goes into it, she'll follow him. Maybe this trip hadn't been the best idea after all! All this popping about was making her feel a little queasy.

Thankfully, henceforth, it was a calm stride. The open door led into a dim hallway, with light promising a nondescript or commital end to the tunnel. Once she stepped inside, it sealed shut. Outside, the door dusted away and root half-buried itself. "We can stop in my place, get you settled and then head to market. You'll use my room, as I don't actually sleep. It's more there for the sake of redecoration from the original owner." their steps resounded through nothingness, and she might then need his elbow to walk in the darkness, which he navigated effortlessly. Contact with walls would reveal them to be rough stone. He stopped to face a wall, which cracked with light around an arched door and opened. It wasn't the primary, physical entrance but it was the easiest. Inside, a natural cavern had unnatural windows of fanning, nbc-peacock style design but instead in icy blue that lit the room in matching tones. It was an enormous affair, with other caverns branching out around. A winding stairwell descended (c)

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Trip to the Temples(1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus