Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Trip to the Temples(1x1)

The Serpentmasters (played by Minerva)

"I've always failed to conform to typical social standard. My first boy was dragon--a mortal enemy of our race." as for the rest, "It is similar to weaving my body. My truest self makes tangible research difficult." at least he could take physical form. As for the question... He held a finger to his lips to hint at silence, then took his two index fingers and knit them together in a hook, using his blurry eyes to gesture vaguely towards the kitchen.. Wherein banging just became coincidentally more frequent.
Chiara (played by Loki) Topic Starter

Chiara seemed intrigued, "A dragon?" She didn't see many of those, even in Nexus. "What is your truest form, if you don't mind me asking?" The hand gesture has her glancing towards the kitchen, "Oh..." She knew only too well how it felt to lose someone you loved, so she didn't press. The implied incest didn't bug her either because she was just used to things like that by now. The banging in the kitchen makes her not want to go out there, for fear he'd turn on her, so she'd stick close to Qinglau for now.

"Do you have a tea kettle? I brought some tea with me." It would be nice to have, especially with it so cold in Qinglau's place.

True form? He glanced about the frozen walls, which glistened like mirrors before becoming translucent, with a moving image of the deepsea in the walls. It only flirted with reefs, but took the deeper, darker waters where curious things dwelled, which did not mind the cold. 'shallows' were mostly in deadwater, where ice divided the light above and arctic creatures survived in spite. "...the irony of it all is... I can not see it without stealing another's eyes. I feel more than see. When leaving the water, I've also been seen as a dragon, although it is... Misleading. Still, perhaps why the first King wasn't fond of me." so... He is water. Cold, dark water. Chill and ice in the same stretch; not the warm life giving waters, but the impenetrable. "Oh!" he disappeared briefly into a side room, returning with a jar of... questionable content. "I said I would show you." //// and dinner was ready! It was a small pheasant picked by the king delivered to the table by a black haired man with a striking white streak--

--stunning white streak trailing behind him on the floor, the rest halfway down his back and pulled to a braid. The bird was rest down, and following was going to be a platter of veggies but... He didnt seem as blind, in spite of his eyes. He boggled at the table. "Who... What... Why is that on the...?" he squeezed in the vegetables and backed away from the meal, looking at chiara suspiciously. "What else, my liege?" ////// "A kettle by sunrise here." ////// "...I will have Mitzi deliver it, if it pleases you. It would her, to finally be invited to your fabled abode. The maids have very extravagant ideas of this place." ///// Qinglau... Nodded.

Chiara would shiver at the image, just watching for a moment before looking back at Qinglau, "I can see why that would make experiments difficult." She was trying to be optimistic, but the truth was he had scared her a little bit. "I don't think I've ever met anyone quite like you."

Still, he's wandering off and coming back with a...thing in a jar. She's furrowing her brow, before coming closer to the table to lean in and look at it. "What's...wrong with it? And you...ripped it off? Doesn't that hurt? Or can you just pop it back on?" What? He was water, she didn't know.

Zom's back with her food, and she'll try and be friendly, "Thank you very much. It looks delicious." His outburst about the thing in the jar is ignored. Her eyes would drift back to Qinglau, "Who is Mitzi? Another child of yours?" Well so far everyone had been his child, she didn't know any better.

"Wrong with it? No... It should be functional. Let's see." ignore movement. "It didn't hurt. I just found the needless part of myself, even in transformations, and degregated it. Typically... Not worth weaknesses. And it was never particularly useful." he nudged up his glasses. "My boys were pointedly born of mind. And no. Mitzi's a cute little maid from the Haven." he smiled in an oddly youthful way. "She's a racial hodgepodge. An interesting spectacle. Oh... dear, I'm going to have to ask Zom about the gossip racket at the haven." the maids... Liked to talk, as they had nothing better to do, and it found ways to caged masses. For example, while the caged attractions rejoiced at zenthus' (fake) death of distant past while maids whimpered (and whispered of how lord zom was behaving...) He could only imagine if they even knew of his passing this (more absolute) go. Or how many of them were already talking of her visiting, as the lifelord vanished amidst the former panorama.

Chiara blinked, "It just...doesn't look like any one I've ever seen." And she'd seen quite a few. She'd settle in to the food, using her fingers if there weren't any provided utensils. "So you're a virgin?" That wasn't something she hadn't expected, but he did say that it had never been useful.

"She sounds nice." Chiara didn't know any better, but the way Qinglau spoke about her at least suggested some sort of fondness. "You didn't seem like the type to be interested in gossip." It surprised her, to say the least. She's going to continue eating, unless she's told not to by Qinglau.

He glanced away, taking on a less pleasant but still dreamful distance, eyes passingly centering on the solar birdman image print on the floor, which surely must have been impossible to focus with his eyes, yet.... "I couldn't say that, either..." gossip earned a shake of the head. "A populous of several dozen thousand shut-ins, compacted on islands, are very serious about their gossip. Some keeps them happy. ...the wrong ones have proven dangerous... More to themselves than anything. Mitzi's visit versus the loss of the prince--truly, no punchline this time."

Chiara looked confused, and then her cheeks colored, "Oh..." Who knew if she was even thinking the right thing? She didn't comment further in that area though. She's just going to eat, even with the odd jar right there in front of her.

"I see...I guess that makes sense." She's not really sure what else to say on the topic though. "Maybe we should switch to languages...that...seems a little less dangerous?" She would at least not have the ability to blow up his table.

"I would like to believe my method has built healthier servants than the old king, but they seem to exact their pains upon each other in my absence of imposition." he snorted, picking up the jar. "You can have it, if you can find some reasonable use." but for the time it was going back to his room, settled in a cubby. "Language sounds fair, although I believe I've tested my limits of akkadian knowledge. I could teach local languages, such as Garuda, or abysmal." he called out even before stepping back into the center room.

Chiara would continue eating, though she'd laugh at little at his statement. "I'm sure I could find a reasonable use for it if you put it back on." He can return it to its cubby spot though, she doesn't mind. It's not as if she were the type to throw herself on him.

"Either of those would be fine with me. I'm not sure we speak them where I come from, but perhaps there is some similar language that knowing them will be helpful for."

She earned a curious look. "But it's much more portable as-is." yes, he seriously considers that a logical answer. He considered, an eye closing as he folded his arms. "I could teach you forms of elemental. I find that they match in any plane with the same elements. Water is clearly my best diction there, but..." one arm unfolded to pinch his chin. "Dragon appears to be a relatively multiversal form due to the ancients. The form or dialect may change but the base remains. Which appeals?" yes. Either learn to talk to water, or dragons.

Chiara laughed quietly, "Portability isn't really the basis of its appeal." He's offering her two different languages and she'll think on it a moment, "Hm...water sounds like it would be more interesting, but I suppose Dragon would be more useful. I'll go with Dragon." She would finally finish eating, and she'd look around, "Shouldn't I clean this up first?" She didn't want to leave a huge mess.

Portability and appeal drew a stare akin to the deadlights. Yeah, not connecting. Moving on. "Don't worry yourself over it. We have maids for a reason, and Mitzi should be by, by morning." he gestured her to follow back into the bedroom, "Check the bed and tell me if we need more heatpans. They should not, however, go out for some time." it was stilla bit chilly, but warm by the lair's standards. Approaching a cubby used as a shelf, he pondered. "There is root draconic, elementally influenced..." he thumbed books. "Let's start with the root." he pulled out a tome, blowing across it once and dusting it with a gloved hand before tucking it under the other arm. Staring along the wall, he wandered seemingly aimlessly until plucking up a violet-patched blue stegosaurus plush, obviously reknit several times, eyes of button attached multiple times, and faded... slightly misshapen even. He returned to the bed, tossing it out. "I know most mortal races sleep better with soft fetishes, so if the environment bothers--

--you, you'll have good company through the night. I don't have anything more suited to a woman." with that, he settled on the loveseat at the end of the bed, still pleasantly cold for him as he flipped through pages. "Do you want to learn sentence structure, or annunciation first?"

Chiara felt guilty, but she licked her fingers clean and then followed Qinglau to the other room. "I'm not used to having maid service." She would brush her hands over the bed, and as long as it wasn't frozen she would declare it fine. She'd eye the dinosaur, and she's too embarrassed to admit that she'd brought her own plush, so she'd nod about the dino, "Thank you. You sure that's alright? He looks as if he belongs to someone." The thing was rather well loved.

She's going to settle in next to him once he's got the right book, and she'd think again, "Sentence structure I think. I spend more of my time reading these languages than I do speaking them."

"It's been abandoned for a few hundred years. And he probably won't come back for it." as it was, the murderous cold and lack of sunlight was probably the only thing preserving it thus far. "All right... we'll review alphabet during annunciation. Sentence structure is a favored style for me. They use a more logical standard than our current common. In this tongue, we say 'the big black cat'. This is reverse. The subject leads the statement, and adjectives are placed in order of importance. If it is more striking that the cat is large, than black, it would be stated 'the cat big black'..." he leaned over the end of the bed, flipping open the book which was a scholar's attempt at translation, letting her read the prefered brackets. How long was she willing to listen or speak about sentence structure? He didn't seem to have a particular end, even if that were hours before she asked for reprieve.

Frowned faintly, "Oh. Do you mind me asking who it belonged to?" She almost felt sorry for the lonely toy, it looked as if it was well loved. Once she's settled in next to Qinglau, she's going to pay close attention, and as before he would find that she was a good student and a fast learner. She asked intelligent questions, and picked up on things easily.

Chiara is content to sit there and talk to him for hours about languages, but after awhile her eyes start drooping and she's trying to hide her yawns more often. It had been a long day for her, and she'd done quite a bit of traveling. "I'm sorry...I think I'm going to need to rest for awhile." She was only mortal after all, and she needed silly things like food and sleep. "Perhaps we could pick this up when I wake up?"

"Someone who won't be back for it." he repeated, this time with telling, strained smile. His company, while varied, was vacant in the absence of the one passed over, who spent a nearly comedic amount of time finding excuses to report to the King. But then a lesson! Moving on, he nodded and closed the book. "Should I wake you for sun rise in a few hours? Mitzi should be by, and I can tell her to cook something for you." he leaned over he bed, arms behind his back to tuck the book behind it.

Chiara would nod, "Yes, that would be perfect." She'd give him a little smile, "Thank you for your hospitality." She'd bite her lip, "A distraction is just what I needed." Learning things had always been a way for her to not focus on whatever life had thrown her direction.

She's going to be climbing into bed then, likely going to sleep in her sweats. She didn't want to freeze in the night. The dinosaur is set up near her pillow, and for now she's too embarrassed to drag out the things she'd brought for her own comfort.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Trip to the Temples(1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus