Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Trip to the Temples(1x1)

The Serpentmasters (played by Minerva)

The phone could wait. He shook his head. "I am not as severe of a case as my late grandson--that is to say Nes' older brother. He inflicted harm even upon himself for gratification. I do not, however, enjoy eating myself or my pain... Nor did I find particular pleasure in the sun drilling through ice, so to speak. He fed on my pain, never I on my own. I'm not entirely sure how pleasures are attached to it. I've only witnessed weaponization." he shrugged. "I've heard, but never seen, anything different. Even the boys tortured each other. I prefer not to exact pains upon my servants, even for my own enjoyment. I prevented it." and so... He squinted. "Why are we discussing this?" he blinked, rubbing his nose bridge. "Draconic... Is it boring you?" no, just not as interesting, apparently. The rest was left untouched conversationally.
Chiara (played by Loki) Topic Starter

Chiara looked as if she might feel sorry for him. "I've...more than seen it both ways." He could take that however he wished. "Ah well, perhaps someday you'll experiment in the name of science." She's still standing next to the stove and drinking her tea. She'll give him a grin, "No, I find draconic fascinating. But I also enjoy talking to you. You seem a little flustered though, so maybe we should go back to languages." But she's still...huddled next to the stove. She's going to have to move though if she wants her lesson.

He busted out with uncharacteristic laughter, "With who? A maid who wouldn't say no if I was killing her?" he shook his head, flicking a bang aside. "I ramble. What is there worth hearing from me if not studies or ancient, irrelevent history? So let's see..." he cleared his throat, saying nothing of being flustered but showing it with an awkward rubbing of the back of his neck while trying to re-re-refind his place on the page, distracted.

Chiara looked down at herself, and then back up at him, "I realize I'm not as buxom as some of your maids, but I assure you I am a girl." Yes, she was suggesting herself. What was that about not liking him as much anymore? She watches him grow flustered, and she grins, "You were right, this is fun."

"Don't sell yourself short, those are the things that I enjoy hearing about." She would lean in towards the book, willing to let it drop for now, lest he explode or something.

He counter pointed after a long stare. Still, he scritched the back of his neck again. "I don't think that's the best idea. I have no reason to hurt you. In fact, I've been warned against it." That part still hasn't sunk in, apparently. "Ah. Draconic. It's a very gutteral, throaty language. Words that gain emphasis are often spoken with a near-coughing sound, rather than a change in inflection." he tried to move on.

Chiara just stared back, "It's not always like that. It doesn't have to hurt if you don't want it to." But he seems very insistent on moving onto draconic, "I can imagine, since any dragons I've ever seen have had very deep voices." Dragons existed in her world, she just didn't run into them much. Also, unless he'd made her move away from the stove, she's content to have her lesson right here in the kitchen.

This confused him. "Then why does it always end in tears?" right! Draconic. "We covered sentence structure last night..." he wandered the kitchen aimlessly, restless. "So... Let's find somewhere we can share the book." he walked back out of the kitchen into the main foyer. ...pause. "...in the name of science." mumblemumble. Great, now she has him overthinking. And closing a book. "So you're infering my entire perception is incorrect." that's just eating at him now.

Chiara blinked, "Well it hasn't for me..." She didn't know why it did with the others. She realizes she's probably gotten under his skin, so she's good with continuing to lurk near the stove. "Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. Think about who you've...lived with." She shrugged, "I'm just telling you it isn't always like that." She'll take another sip of her tea, perfectly calm about the whole situation.

"Doing...that...with many people used to be my job." So basically, she knew what she was talking about.

"..." ... "..." ... "It's infuriating to be told I'm wrong and be unable to argue it." he finally spoke after a meltdown into silence for half a minute. "I teach you language and science. How then can I refuse you teaching me?"

Chiara just stood there, quietly drinking her tea while he tried to come up with some way to counter that. "Only if you want to. You don't have to do anything." She'd shrug, "But whenever you'd like, if you're truly interested." She'll finish her mug of tea and she'll set it down on the counter, "Alright...so...draconic? Or?" Yeah, up to him, she's really good with either.

"...though I'm not sure how it could be helpful," he pulled off his glasses, folding them. "I never have been one to reject a well proposed experiment." she might notice his eyes turning stark and powerful red in a blink, glancing into the room. "For science. Wait here." he had something to re-apply. Annnd he was disappearing.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Trip to the Temples(1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus