Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Always wanted a Spriggan follower in Skyrim?

Sanne Moderator

Although it was a popular request from what I found searching the Nexusmods forums, nobody ever got around to creating a Spriggan follower. They're probably my favorite creatures in the entire game to look at with extremely cool abilities and shrouded in mystery! So after badgering Witness into teaching me how to work the Creation Kit, I managed to scrounge up a little mod of my own.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/19750

19750-3-1341181369.jpg

Meet Kriju, a mage whose spell to conceal herself as a Spriggan backfired, and now she's stuck as a Spriggan forever! I was aiming for a version of the mod without a voice, as Spriggans are creatures, not humanoids with speech. Couldn't do it though, so this prompted a little backstory to have her fit into the realm, lore wise.

I figured some Skyrim gamers on here might like to utilize this mod. :)
Kim Site Admin

Woah, cool! Did you record all the little phrases a follower says, or did you borrow an old voice?
I only ask because you talk about her backstory, and my followers are forever talking about their past as I'm hacking and slashing my way across the map.
Sanne Topic Starter Moderator

Kim wrote:
Woah, cool! Did you record all the little phrases a follower says, or did you borrow an old voice?
I only ask because you talk about her backstory, and my followers are forever talking about their past as I'm hacking and slashing my way across the map.

God knows I tried to figure out how to make a NPC Follower with a custom voice. I followed a tutorial for it, but for one reason or another it just wouldn't throw out any dialogue on her. I wanted her to be silent as a base, and then focus on recording sounds and phrases to make her unique once I got that down.

Instead, to make her a Follower, I had to use the DefaultSultry voice that is standard in the game. So, no.

If I can figure this out, I'm going to customize the heck out of her though.
Kim Site Admin

I hope you do figure it out, that sounds amazing.

Darth was able to help me figure out how to do voices when I did my shout mod. I wonder if he knows something that applies here too?
Sanne Topic Starter Moderator

If he does, that'd be awesome!

If I remember correctly, did your shout replace the default sound files for the Fus Ro Dah? Or did you create an entirely new shout? The way voices work for NPCs who follow you is very complex though, and there are quest dialogues and such you need to write and add with the right scripts or conditions... Bethesda did not make this easy.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Always wanted a Spriggan follower in Skyrim?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus