Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » A new Alolan Adventure!

Maple (played by Holly-Leaf)

Apple just sat and watched. "Hey Hala, do you have some popcorn? I wanna watch this. Oh, and also pokemon food. I need to start storing some in my bag for later on. He might get hungry. Right Tilly?" She asked. "Let!" He said and pecked her arm "Your pecks are adorable, but painful " she said laughing a bit
Paige Lionheart (played by DiggzTChesh) Topic Starter

"I've been waiting a long time for this! Alright here we go! Bubin, use Pound!" Paige yelled and pointed her finger. Bubin slid across the battlefield like is was skating across ice. It closed the distance with surprising speed. "Now Jump and somersault!" Paige yelled right before Bubin reached Litten. For a split second the Popplio was surprised at the order but did as Paige told it to "Pooooooaaaaaa!" Bubin growl and jumped up into the air and front flipped to bring it's tail down on litten for a little extra momentum on the pound "LIO!"

Hala laughed at Maple "Wahahahaha! Of course i've got some right over there in the small hut next to my house!" He said and turned back to watch the battle unfold.

"Oh goodie! Thanks!" She put Tilly on her head and followed Hala "Tell me who wins! Okay? " she called to them as she followed Hala.
Radic (played by PrinceOfChaos)

Bubins tail hit Litten and Litten was sent back a bit, before regaining his balance. "That was a nice move. But now let's show them what we got. Charge and shoot ember around Bubin, Litten!" Litten ran at Bubin shooting balls of fire around and on the sides of Bubin to block his vision Litten for a short time. "Jump over and use scratch!" Litten hopped over Bubin, coming from behind and Scratching at him.

Bubin smirked as it landed the successful attack "Yes! That's the way!" Paige cheered. Bubin blushed and clapped a bit but looked shocked as Litten rushed in and set up a ring of fire. "Li o o o o!" Cried Bubin as it started to panic. "Don't worry Bubin put out the fire with Water Gun!" Paige yelled. Bubin nodded and took a deep breath before shooting a stream of water out of its nose and began putting out the fire. However, Litten shocked it as it leaped through the flames and landed the scratch full on.

Bubin tumbled backwards for a moment before it hopped back up "Oh no! That's alright we're still in this! Bubin use Growl!" Paige called. "Pooooaaaaaaplllleeeoooo!" Bubin's voice echoed to make a move like scratch weaker.

"Good job Litten! That was a nice once boy! Make sure you keep it up!" Litten nodded and took a few steps back Bubin growled. "You're fine Litten! Now, hit him with Embers!" Litten began shooting Embers at Bubin, hoping that one of them would land and hit him.

"This is where we take this match! Popplio dodge through them and use Water Gun!" Paige called. Bubin nodded and looked determined. It dashed forward as Litten started spraying flames. Its ducked and dodged a few of them, but the poor Popplio couldn't keep up. Paige seemed to be a natural when it came to Pokemon battling and Bubin could tell. The Litten and the other trainer were good too. Needless to say, Bubin was feeling a lot of pressure to preform well and it wasn't experienced enough to have the movements it needed.

Bubin got hit with a large groupings of the fire which caused it to stumble back a bit and receive many more of the pelting flame. It tried to withstand the barrage but ended up being pushed over onto it's back "Ah! Oh no Bubin!" Paige cried in a worried tone.

"Okay, cease fire Litten!" I told Litten as Bubin fell onto after being pelted with fire balls. I looked over to Bubin not being able to tell if he was knocked out. "Give Bubin a chance to get up, Litten. It wouldn't be fair if you attacked him while he is down."

Bubin staggered up panting a bit before falling straight back to the ground. It let out an exasperated "Leeeeoeooooo" as it lay on the ground. Paige gasped as Bubin fell forward "Oh No! Bubin! Gah! Come on back....." She said sadly returning Bubin to it's Pokeball "Dang Radic, looks like I got a long way to go" She chuckled shyly with a blush. She was pretty embarrassed having just blown her first Pokemon battle.

"Wahahahahah! That was a fine battle, both of you. Paige don't be so hard on yourself, in defeat we are able to reflect and grow on the lessons we learned through battle" Hala mentored with a large grin. "And Radic, a victory without without compassion is an empty one. Never forget it's not just you, but your Pokemon as well. Learn from each other and grow with each other. Then, when you're ready, come on back. I'll give ya a Real Battle! Wahahahahahahah"

Paige smiled shyly at Hala's words. "Thanks Mr. Hala." She looked down at her Pokeball with a happy grin then looked back to Maple "Oh! Maple how thoughtful!" She said placing her pokeball in her backpack and walking over to Maple "I Think you're Rowlette is adorable!" she said with a Cheery smile.

"Yeah, i hear you old man. I'll make sure to give you a run for your money when we battle." I grinned and turned to Litten. "Great job buddy. You did really good out there. Okay, rest up for now." I put him back in his pokeball and put it in my backpack. "You and Bubin did great out there Paige." I said walking over to her and Maple. "I can't wait to battle you again."

"Well, i gotta return home to my mom. She told me she wanted to see my pokemon before i left on my adventure. I guess i'll see the two of you around a little later then." I told the both of the. I turned and ran back home, waving at them.

Bye Radic!" She turned to Paige and answered her question."Why thank you" she said with a smile "I think he's going to travel with me on my head. I think he likes it. Oh and Hala gave us some pokemon food for the journey. "Your Bubin is pretty adorable too. Maybe after someone battles with Hala we should go to the pokemon center. Oh and did we ever get our pokedexes?" She wondered.

Paige waved at Radic as he left "Alola Radic! I'll see you later and yeah I can't wait to battle you again either." She said in determination. "I wont let you stay ahead of me forever" she grinned. Hala laughed again and smiled "Well children good luck, I'll be seeing you again for Melemele's Grand Trial. Wahahahahaa!" He laughed and walked back to his house.

Paige turned to Maple "Oh we still have a long way to go before we battle Hala. He's the Kahuna of this Island and real strong." She said blushing at the compliment. "No we haven't got our Pokedex yet. Professor Kukui said he'd be bringing mine by my house. He said it should be there by the time I get my first pokemon. Come on let's go to my house. My mom can make sure Bubin is in tip top shape. She used to work in a Pokemon Lab when she was younger" Paige said with another smile and turned to walk to her house.

I made my way home and walked in. My mother was cleaning up, sweeping the floor and humming a tune. "Mom i'm back!" I yelled out to her. She stopped and looked to me with a smile on her face. I brought Litten out of his ball. "Oh, your pokemon is so cute!" She said walking over and crouched down looking at it. I smiled. "LItten this is my mom. Say hi." I said to him.

Litten stared at my mother as if he was inspecting her and then walked forward, licking her hand. "Awe, how cute." She said. "Mom, did dad ever teach you how to heal pokemon. I should had my first battle." She smiled and nodded. "Of course. I'll heal him for you. And i guess then you'll be on your way for your adventure."

"Oh thanks!" She said with a great smile "I don't really have anywhere to stay here because I came from Hoenn." She said and followed Paige "Hey Paige, so that Vulpix earlier, that was an ice pokemon right? Is that what your used to seeing?" She asked "Ice pokemon? Like Sandshrew too, we normally see him as a ground type. It's so weird to see them like this. They are so cool!" She said.

"Someone named Professor Oak classified the Pokemon around here as 'Regional Varients' or something. Basically some Pokemon in Alola have different typing than the rest of the world." Paige said while she walked. "And yes, i've only ever seen Ice-Type Sandshrew and Vulpix but I have heard about the Ground-Type Sandshrew" she said slowly walking with Maple.

"You're from Hoenn? Goodness that's far from here" Paige gasped, a little shocked. "No wonder you didn't know about the Island Trials." She chuckled. "You know there is not a single Gym anywhere in Alola? Yup us kids go through the four islands and challenge all of the Captain's Trials. Once we do that, we are able to battle the island Kahuna. If we win, we get a stamp on our passport. If we get the stamps from all of the Islands, we get to go to Mount Lanakila and challenge the brand new Pokemon League and the Elite Four" Paige informed Maple with stars in her eyes.

Oh so they settled up a pokemon league here. That's nice, but I do wish they have pokemon contests here." She said "I want to be a great pokemon coordinator. I'm not really into much of the leagues." She said "But even in contests, we have to fight sometime." She said. "Tilly and I are going to be the best! " The Rowlet flapped its little wings with joy "Rowww-Let!"

My mom healed Litten up and i placed him back in his ball. "Well, i guess i'll see you later mom." I waved at her and was about to leave before she stopped me. "Oh, i have something for you." I turned and caught something she tossed to me. "Oh a pokedex, thanks mom!" I left the house after that.

"Haha, I love it when he does that. He's so enthusiastic!" She said and placed a pokeblock on her head to the rowlet on her head. Litty looked at her confusedly "Rowlet?" He asked "Yup! They are 100% digestible and it's a good treat for pokemon. Try it!" She said and smiled. Litty ate the pokeblock cautiously. "Was it good?" Maple asked "Rowww-let!" He said with happiness

"I've seen those on TV but I know we don't have any contest halls here in Alola. But new people come here all the time showing new things that Alolans have never seen or done before" Paige said with another smile. "I wish I was born in Hoenn, I heard there is a Pokemon that flies so fast through the sky that all you can see is a shimmer. " She daydreamed as they walked.

When the got to Paige's house she opened the door and called "Mom! I'm home!" As soon as she did, Sparx came bolting into the living room "Jolteon! Jolteon! Jolt! EON!" he barked as he saw Maple and Litty. "Hi Sparx this is Maple and Litty, I'll let you meet Bubin in a little bit" Paige said as she walked in.

"Oh Paige you're home already? Which Pokemon did you choose?" Her mother asked with a smile that was identical to Paige's. "Popplio, though I already got him hurt." Paige said sadly holding out her Pokeball. "Oh Paige, I'm sure Popplio doesn't see it that way." Paige's mother said looking to Maple "Oh hello you must be a friend of Paige's?" She asked with a kind smile

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » A new Alolan Adventure!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus