Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » I Followed My Nightmares (Open)

Archur woke up, sweating and held his head between his hands, crying for a brief moment. He had been having the same nightmare each night for the past month. The only difference between this one and any other recurring dream was that each night something new and more horrible popped into his mind and this dream was being caused by something.
The teen quickly packed up his sleeping bag and his small amount of gear before heading west again, drawing his two ebony daggers if only to help himself feel secure.
He heard a snarl behind him and turned his head to see the most recent thing from his nightmares in behind him: a pack of jackals with bat wings and king cobras for tails. That was another thing about his dreams: whatever was causing them made the most recent addition come to life the next day. Archur ran and ran as fast as he could, yelling for help as he went.
Jarvis (played by Rudito01)

Jarvis heard the screams of help from where he slept in top of a tree. He jumped down and took his pendant off his neck. It transformed into a three foot long silver sword. Light shined from it and he ran to the source of the screams.
Archur Fitliano (played by EonRising) Topic Starter

Archur let out a scream as one of the jackals jumped onto him, pushing him onto his chest, snarling. Archur rolled over, slicing at the chimera and managed to get it's throat. The jackal collapsed on top of him as the other four surrounded him, their tails hissing and a low growl coming from each.

Jarvis arrived where the screamed had come from. He saw a kid sorounded by... Snake tailed jackals? Jarvis ran forward and pulled one back by the tail and staved its head with his silver sword. The thing bought on fire and became a pile of dust.

Two of the jackals turned towards the new challenger, their wings beating aggressively. The snake tails were now facing Althalos and he quickly lopped them off before facing the one still focused on him. He took a step back and pressed a button on the hilt of each dagger. They both grew about three times their original size, turning into ebony swords. He made quick work of the one focused on him, slicing it's head off.

Jarvis ran for the two that faced him and kicked one on the face and cut the legs of the second one, he immediately coughs on fire. The first jakal leaped for Jarvis and he dropped to the floor and cut its under side as the jackal passed over him.

The jackal immediately died and Althalos clicked the button on his daggers, making both shrink back to normal size and he reached a hand out to the other teen.
"Thank you, that's by far the worst thing that's come after me. I didn't think anyone would hear me."

Jarvis shook his hand, "how could I not hear you. You sounded like a little scared girl." teased Jarvis," I'm Jarvis by the way."

"Wow, you're nice," Archur said sarcastically, "The first thing you do after saving me from being eaten is mock me? I'm Archur."

" what can I say? I'm not great at making friends. Now, what are you doing out here?"

"Running away from my nightmares and trying to find what's causing them," Archur said and started walking again.

Jarvis walked with Archur "you know, running away from nightmares is mainly the cause of them." he said looking forward ," now where were you planning on going to find out"

"No, I'm literally running from them. Those jackal things? Part of nightmares last night. Yesterday it was a Cliff that kept on appearing before me and the day before it was a pack of wolves," Archur sighed, "The closer I get, the worse the nightmares are. I'd rather get rid of it than be stuck being chased by a man-eating goat, which was the first nightmare."

"well that does seem bad. Need any help?"

"Please do. You might start getting the nightmares as well though, then we'll have double the monsters to take care of."

"I can take monsters ten times worse than those. Ive killed gods and have taken their powers I think I can handle them"

"You're lookin' at a Christian. I don't wanna hear about your pseudo gods," Archur shook his head. "What's your worst nightmare? And I don't mean losing someone you love, I mean what is the worst thing you've ever had to face? Because we'll be fighting it before long."

You know I'm also a Christian just that I entered another dimension. Now, my worst nightmare, it was.... I think it was me falling if a building. I really don't have nightmares often."

"Really? That's it? Well, a few days ago a cliff kept on appearing in front of me. I almost fell a few times," Archur shrugged. "I still need to wait for my worst nightmare. It shouldnt take too long.

"so what go you plan to do when you get to the cliff"

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » I Followed My Nightmares (Open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus