Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Legion of the Sky (1x1)

Althalos Fizen (played by EonRising)

One gunshot. Just one gunshot an the entire city fell apart. One gunshot and a war started. One gunshot and the reality of it all came into view.
The city called Lantern and the city called Circa were once one city: Termaly, but then there was the energy crisis. The city was held up by propellers, but one day there was a power outage and a chunk of the city fell out of the middle, separating it into two land masses in the sky. They each became their own city and for a while their propellers were all running on fumes until Circa figured out a way to create energy from nothing. They harnessed this energy but didnt share it. Circa became prosperous while Lantern had to resort to creating massive blimps to keep their city in the air. Lantern eventually grew tired of watching Circa's prosperity and one person took action. He simply crossed the wooden bridge that connected the two cities and fired a shot into the crowd, killing a child. After that it was chaos.

Althalos sat on the edge of Circa, listening to the drone of the propellers that were constantly spinning and lifting the city ever higher than her neighbor. He sighed sadly as he heard the sound of marching and looked behind him to see the Legion as they had come to be known, marching down the street on their patrol. He turned around again and looked at the Earth below. This war was something caused by Circa simply because they hadn't shared, but it was a person from Lantern who had killed the child.
Althalos had just recently been drafted and he had to get going to the recruiting station.
Blythe (played by L0v3lyInk)

It had taken a lot of planning and she had almost gotten caught, but Blythe had managed to get into Circa only two nights ago. She stood on the wall looking down at her precious Lantern and sighed softly knowing it was going to be awhile before she would be able to go back, and when she did she wasn’t even sure she would be able to make it back alive. It was possible that she may even die in the process of achieving her mission. So long as she got Lantern what they needed she didn’t care. She turned away from her city after watching it for awhile and made her way to the Circa recruiting station. She would have to start at the bottom but after awhile she knew that she would be able to get the information. She would get it for Lantern. She would find out what kept Circa afloat and take it over to Lantern.

It took her awhile to find the recruiting station but when she did, she she entered with confidence. She was dressed in some fairly ratty clothing as if to say that she didn’t have a very good life in the city and in a small bag that was under her clothing were all the documents that she needed to join Circa’s army. She had been given all ‘official’ documents from Circa for her mission and she was sure that they were as real as one could get in Lantern. As she waited in line, she couldn’t help but look around at all the other people who were lining up to join. Clearly there were many people in the city who really believe in their selfish Circa. It pissed her off to no end. She kept her cool though and waited in line to sign up and begin her mission.
Althalos Fizen (played by EonRising) Topic Starter

Althalos had entered just after the girl and waited in line. People from all walks of life had entered the Legion, clearly by the appearance of the girl in front of him.
"Excuse me," he tapped her shoulder, "Which district are you from?"

Blythe turned around to see a brown haired, blue eyed boy. He was rather cute but Blythe easily pushed that thought out of her head. She couldn’t let that interfere with what she had to do. She knew she couldn’t be rude though and this would give her a good start to this new ‘life’ she was living. She smiled at him and looked him up and down quickly. “I’m originally from 13 but I’m currently staying in 6 until this recruitment kicks in. Then I’ll be staying wherever they send us.” She said as she extended her hand out to the boy. “My name is Blythe. It’s a pleasure to meet you. So what district are you from?” she asked as she turned the conversation around on him. She didn’t want to be the only one giving out information.

Archur did a few calculations in his head, pointing with his finger, "Okay, so you're from the Rubrem District? The houses there aren't too bad," he said with a smile, "I'm from Vela, so I get to see all the airships as the come and go. It's pretty cool. What's your opinion on the war?" he asked, feeling like it was a mandatory question since they were in the draft line.

She smiled as he filled in the names for here. She honestly hadn't known that the different districts had names. She had just been told to say that she was originally from 13 and currently lived in 6. She smiled when he brought up the airships and said that he got to watched them come and go. That would be a site to see. She had only seen them flying from a distance. As soon as he brought up the question about the war though. She wanted to spit in the kid's face but she held back and just made a disgusted face. "I think that Lantern needs to keep their fucking nose out of our business. It's not our fault that they can't figure out a way to keep up their own damn city. They're just jealous that we are more prosperous than them and with what we have, we are easily going to kick their ass." she said confidently even though it made her sick to her stomach. These arrogant pricks. Lantern was having a hard time surviving at all and it's neighboring city wouldn't even help because they were too greedy and selfish.

"A true patriot eh? I think that Circa should have helped," he said with a shrug. It's not like he could get in trouble for saying things like that so it didn't matter. The public was entitled their own opinion's and the war was just one giant, public debate.
"I think that the moment we figured out how, we should have shared the technology with Lantern. We were one city not too long ago and I think this whole war could have been prevented had we only shared the technology."

Blythe's brows furrowed together as he talked. In Lantern, they painted every Circa citizen to be patriots. They never mentioned anything about a debate about the war, amongst the city's own people. She couldn't change her answer now though. She had to keep going with her patriot disguise. "We became two cities when that chunk fell out of the middle though. Each city had to form it's own government to run and stay afloat. There was no middle ground anymore between the two, literately. Even before Circa found a new power source, Lantern was always bothering our city for food and materials which were, at the time, precious resources to us too. If they couldn't hold themselves up then, what makes you think that they would have been able to take care of themselves now with a power source?" She said looking at him with curiosity. She was rather interested to hear what the boy had to say. At this point, she was just relaying facts. Lantern had turned to it's brother city for help during the rough time. Even when neither city was doing well it always seemed like Circa had had more. That was why Lantern had asked Circa to spare any extra resources for the city or the people. Even then though, Lantern hadn't helped. The people running the government weren't worried about Lantern they had only been worried about Circa.

"Because with a power source comes the ability to focus on other thing. When the cities fell apart, Circa had most of the farms anyways, so that was no help to Lantern, and because we developed the energy source, farmers could go back to farming instead of repairmen. The few farms that were in Lantern, I assume have fallen apart by now. I do believe that Lantern started the war physically by shooting the child, but we could have prevented this a long time ago."

Blythe made sure not to smile whenever Althalos said that he had assumed that Lantern's farms had fallen apart. They hadn't, they were still up and running. The farms had also managed to come up with a way of growing crops inside of their barns too and get fruit without taking up a lot of space. Of course, the crop wasn't nearly as tastey or hefty as the natural farming was but it was still something that held over the city and kept it's people alive.

After he finished, she wasn't quite sure what to say. She hadn't really expected to get into a debate with someone about why Circa should have helped Lantern. "Like rebuilding our own city. Circa still hasn't fully recovered from the original loss of the power source. We still have plenty of our own problems that need solving. Also, if this is how you really feel, why are you joining the war? It doesn't make much sense to fight for something you don't believe in." she huffed.

"I got drafted," he shrugged, "No choice. My name came up in the 'raffle' as they call it. Anybody 16 or older is eligible for the draft and I'm 16, so that's that. If I had a choice, trust me, I wouldn't be here."

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Legion of the Sky (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus