Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Dead Of The Night (Private)

Melstrum (played by Dreath) Topic Starter

"Well this one almost snuck up on us. We can't be too careful with these things. Though. I suppose we should. They seem to be weakened now. So we should probably go." He says sheathing his sword. He stands on a log. "Men." He says with a mighty voice. The soldiers look over. "Me and Jackie are going into the heart of this. We will find the one responsible and end this. You all make your way back home and we shall end this." He jumps down. "Jackie. You ready?"
Jackie got up, and waited eagerly to move out. The few remaining Men gave Wilhelm a salute before turning and leaving, heading back to the castle.

The carts soon arrived and the men began the long trek back. The villagers who came to help looked at the battlefield horrified. They began helping them back and to safety. Wilhelm brought Jackie along and after a brisk walk in the woods they found the fortress.
"Is this it?" He asks Jackie.
"Yeah." Jackie said as she and Wilhelm walked inside. As she and the scouts had seen before, the place seemed to be mostly empty. Jackie drew her sword as she and Wilhelm slowly moved through the building.

Wilhelm looked at his apprentice and saw some bruises on her arm. He took a deep breath and rested his hand on her arm. He said something quietly and a glow occurred for a moment. When he removed his hand the wounds were healed.
Jackie glanced at Wilhelm when he put his hand on her arm. She had a confused look as he muttered something, before she felt her bruising go away. "Wha? How come you never taught me that?!" She questioned irritably.

"Cause it took me over a decade to get to the point where I could. Healing magic isn't easy but in time you'll learn." He takes a deep breath. "We don't have time to worry about that now though."
"So if you were running an entire army of zombies, where would you be hiding?" Jackie asked, before the two began to explore deeper into the Fort.

"A better question is why here? Sure there's plenty of bones and such but the level of decay wouldn't make such corpses worth it." He ponders. "Maybe we should." He stops himself and raises his arm in front of Jackie. "Sh."
Jackie froze, as Wilhelm put his arm out in front of her. Her ears perked up, facing in front of her as she looked around. "What is it?" She asked quietly.

There was a glow behind a corner. Wilhelm peeked around. There was a man wearing a deep brown and blood red robe. The hood was pulled back showing a decrepit looking man. He looked into a round black and purple vortex.
"My lord the chimera was destroyed. But it did damage. The Paladin and his apprentice were required for them to destroy it." He says with a voice that seemed younger then his form would suggest.
"What's going on?" Jackie asked quietly, poking her head around the corner. "Oh... that's what's going on...." She said. "What are we waiting for, let's take this guy down." Jackie said, drawing her sword.

"The Paladins should not be interfering. I'm afraid our operation must be called of. Summon the remaining corpses and send them in. They should deal some damage to the town. Then return to our meeting ground." Another voice says. Wilhelm holds Jackie back.
"Hush I need to hear this." The vortex closes and the Necromancer turns. His staff glows as he taps it on the ground. A magical shock wave flies over it and the sounds of rustling bones and armor echo through the abandoned building.
"Ok, he's done talking. Let's go!" Jackie declared, managing to wiggle free from Wilhelm's grip. She charged forward into the room, sword drawn and her ice magic prepped in the other hand. "Hey!" Jackie declared, as she charged forward.

The man is startled and narrowly dodges. Fumbling into his pocket he pulls out a small red orb.
"Damn it Jackie!" Wilhelm says charging in. "Don't move or we'll cut you down." He says approaching with his sword drawn. The Necromancer slams the stone into the ground and it shatters releasing a red mist. A ghostly wisp flies off through the halls as Wilhelm's sword slashes the mist. Nothing is hit and he grimaces as the smoke clears. "Damn it." He says as the clambering of skeletons is heard entering from another hallway. "We deal with them before we leave." He says readying his blade.
Jackie stopped when the man threw the red orb at the ground and disappeared, seemingly. She looked around confused before the sound of the undead approaching caught her attention. Skeletons soon entered the room, with their weapons at the ready.

"The guards are too wounded to deal with these. We need to destroy them all before leaving." Wilhelm says as the hordes of skeletons clamber forward. As they approach he swings and with a mighty crack they are smashed in half. Some of the old bones crumbling to dust.
Jackie shoved her hand out, shooting a blast of ice magic at the approaching horde, freezing many undead. Those that were unfrozen she slashed at with her sword, or smashed with her tail and its ice spikes. "How many of these things are there?!" Jackie yelped, narrowly avoiding an axe swing from a Zombie.

Slicing another five down he looks to Jackie. "No idea. These crypts are old could be a few hundred but considering their age there threat level to us is minimal." He generates a small light orb in his hand and tosses it forward. It burns up and shatters them as it hits before disappearing after traveling several meters.
Despite how weak they may have been, there were still dozens of undead attacking the two. Unlike Wilhelm, who'd been working as Paladin and Mercenary for much of his life, Jackie had not. She only really began her apprenticeship a year or two ago. She was quickly getting exhausted, between her blade swings and ice blasts. As she got tired, she got hit several times. The rusty blades cut her, but with how weak the corpses were, there wasn't much damage left. "I-I dunno how much longer I c-can keep fighting!" Jackie yelped.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Dead Of The Night (Private)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus