Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Dead Of The Night (Private)

Melstrum (played by Dreath) Topic Starter

Wilhelm looked over to see Jackie taking hits. Generating another orb of light he slammed it into the ground. A wave of light blasted the undead back but left them unharmed. "Fine. We'll just collapse this place. Head to the exit!" He cries as he slams his blade into the ground once. He raises it again. "Holy Nova!" He cries as the blade is engulfed in light.
The light shown brightly, illuminating the entire room as though there were a miniature sun in the room. Most of the undead almost immediately began to burn, quickly being reduced to ashes by the holy light. A few remained in the room, clad from head to toe in heavy armor which protected them from the light.

The two charged passed as they barreled down the hall, fighting their way to the exit. As they did, Jackie began to freeze some of the supports beams, before she shattered the beams she froze. Her tail easily broke through the already weak supports, with the ice from her magic only making them weaker.

With his blade infused with holy light Wilhelm slammed it into the ground. The weakened supports shattered the the floor began to cave in as the whole complex crumbled. Quickly pushing out as stone, dirt and dust tumbled down crushing and destroying the undead within. The old fort came down with a thump and a boom echoing over the forest.
Wilhelm managed to push Jackie out, and jump out of the crumbling fort just as the entrance began to cave in. Jackie coughed and spat out dirt and what few rocks got in her mouth. Jackie rolled on her back to see the crumbled up ruins. It looked like someone had just taken all the stone and wood from the fort and dumped them into a land fill. It was barely recognizable as a building.

"WOOO!" She shouted once she got to her feet. "WE BEAT 'EM!" She declared happily, jumping in the air. Right then the pain of her wounds caught up with her. She yelped, falling on her butt, and holding her wounds. "...Ow...." She muttered quietly.

"Calm down. We did but now for the hard part of getting back." He said seeing the sun rise through the trees. "Least we'll have some light this time." He helps the young Jackie up. Helping her stand as he pants and sheaths his sword. Having used a great deal of magic to destroy the ruins.
It took the pair quite a while to exit the forest, thanks to the injuries the two received and how tired they were. Once they were out of the forest, it wasn't much longer til they got to the lumber mill. From their they were able to grab a ride on a wagon that took the lumber to Edinborough.

By the time they'd gotten to the city, Jackie had fallen asleep. The armored sleeve on her tail ahd been discard, lying on the seat next to Jackie, with Jackie resting her head on her tail, which was coiled up to form a 'pillow' of sorts. "We're here, Sir Knight." Spoke the driver, as he jumped to the ground.

Pulling themselves off the wagon Wilhelm paid the driver for their ride and they went off down the path. Two soldiers came out to meet them and took them inside to the infirmary.
The two were quickly treated. The Lord made sure the pair got the best treatment he could provide. Thanks to a few healers, the two were as good as new. Thankfully for Jackie, she wouldn't have to worry about tetanus. A well renowned Alchemist brewed up a potion that'd make sure she would be ok.

With a bandage around Jackie's shoulder where the sword hit and one around Wilhelm's left wrist and right shoulder the two were good as new. They were each reported to give their report to the lord and in his chambers did just that.
"I see he says. So this chimera creature you destroyed was created by this Necromancer who escaped?" He asks to clarify. Wilhelm nods.
"From what we could gather yes. It would seem so my lord." He sighs and shakes his head.
"My my what awful news. At least you were able to stop the undead hordes. My lord I shall put out a bounty for this Necromancer. He will not be allowed to do such a thing again." He says to his lord. He nods back.
"Please do. As for your payment my well armed friends it shall be given to you as you leave. We are forever grateful for you two saving us." He bows in respect.
Jackie bowed in return with Wilhelm, before the two left. "What now?" Jackie asked.

"Thank you my lord. We'll go and make our leave. We must report this with the council." He bows as he and Jackie leave. Jackie then says her comment. He nods. "We'll begin the trip home. I must inform the others regarding this issue. There's something bigger going on and those chimera seem involved." He says softly as they leave.
Jackie nodded. "Think there's more of 'em?" She asked, as they headed out.

He was silent for a moment. "I fear possibly. I've never seen something like that kind of creature before. Could have been a one of a kind beast or there could be thousands." He sighs unsure regarding what to do. This question concerned him. He hoped their numbers were small if not one of a kind.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Dead Of The Night (Private)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus