Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » A Walk to Beat Writer's Block (Open)

Huxley Alexander (played by TheLily) Topic Starter

Huxley looked her over again, "Dinner on Saturday, Doc." He stood up, "I'll take you to Bliss." He reached out and cupped her cheek, kissing her forehead, "Eight PM. Dress nice." He shoved his hands in his pocket, "Oh, I'll meet you here." He called over his shoulder as he walked away.
She stood there, beet red, feeling Huxley's kiss tingle on her forehead, unsure of what exactly had just happened. Had...had she just been asked out? By a man? By a non-client?

She raised her hands to her burning cheeks and then shook her head. No. No she couldn't...but he was walking away and...and the stupid grin on her face wouldn't go away.

She quickly brought her umbrella up when a few raindrops finally clued her in that it had fallen back in her surprise. Right. 8pm, Saturday, here. She could do that. Dress nice. She hurried for her office, pausing once to glance over her shoulder.

For once, she thought, for once it's actually a date.

Huxley was waiting for her, a single white rose in his hand. He wore a tie and a nice jacket, but he didn't look too put together. He played with the rose, half sitting on the top of the bench. He was confident she'd show up. He knew women enough to tell him she liked him.

He wasn't sure though, if he wanted her for her body or her brains. He didn't know her personality yet, but he was impressed by her brains.
Evelyn Baker was nervous as 8pm drew nearer. Her last client had left hours ago, and she was trying to reconsider if she should even show up to the park. For one thing, she didn't even know the guy. For another, why had he even asked her out? She had nothing to offer; and in fact the only other two dates she had been on had been total flops. Mostly because they had turned into "sessions" for her.

She glanced at herself in the mirror and adjusted her hair. For once it wasn't back in a bun but hung down. She wasn't sure it was any better than it being pulled back. Her outfit was nice, though, a conservative purple dress that fell to her knees and showed off her curves, without revealing too much of her chest.

She took a deep breath. It was time. She grabbed her purse and headed for the park, where she could see someone perched on the bench. Was it Huxley? Who else would be holding a flower?

"Huxley?"

Huxley looked her over and smiled. He reached forward, "Do you mind?" He didn't give her much choice while he slipped the flower over her ear. There weren't any thorns left on it, and the stem was short. He had meant from the beginning to put it in her hair, "Beautiful. I'm glad you improve the flower some. It was looking quite plain in my hand.

He gave her a single look up and down. It was all he needed. He briefly wondered if she'd come home with him, but pushed that thought away. She was a professional. A smart woman. Of course not.
Evelyn hardly had a chance to react as he slipped the flower over her ear. When she did, it was to reach up and feel it. She blushed too at the compliment and his obvious looking her up and down. "Thank you. You look sharp as well. Were you waiting long?"

Was he handsome? She hadn't gotten that far yet in deciding. She needed more time to decide if his personality was right for her; for that matter, he was rather confident, wasn't he? Mentally she shook her head, no more over analyzing. She was on a date; she was supposed to have fun.

"So, Bliss, is it?" she inquired. "I don't think I've been there before."

"It's a little unreal, Doc. All pink, red and a bit of purple. I've never met a straighter gay man, or is it gayer straight man?" He thought a moment, "Well, you'll see the place. It's kinda intense, but man is the food amazing." He brushed her cheek with the back of his fingers, "Though, you'll fit right in with that beautiful dress."

He wanted so bad to take it off of her, but knew he'd be disappointed if she just fell into his arms. This wasn't sex, this was a challenge. Or infatuation, whichever you wanted to call it.

He slipped his arm around her waste, "I know you can't tell me about clients, but please tell me why you got into this line of work."
Evelyn was taken back by Huxley's forwardness and she wondered if she shouldn't have dressed down just a bit. She tilted her head partially away when he brushed his fingers against her cheek.

"Ah, well," she stammered, "I'm sure it's a great place." When she felt his arm wrap around her, she hesitated, and then decided to go with it. If he started pawing her any more, she would extract herself from his grip and cling to his arm--where she could keep an eye on him.

"I guess you could say that I got into my work because I like helping people solve their problems. I enjoy hearing people out, but...I don't date clients. How did you get into writing?"

Huxley noticed her flinch away from him, so he kept his hand in the middle, barely touching her. If she wanted she could just walk away. He tried not to touch her possessively, instead he worked on making it seem like pride. He was proud to have her so close to him - pretty, intelligent, wary of him. Whole package.

Whole package if she had been a cheerleader, actually.

"I got into writing when I was little. My mom didn't have time to spend with me, so I watched movies and I started to make-up my own stories... and then my mom bought me a type writer. I haven't looked back since."
She relaxed a little, when his hand remained lightly on her waist. She smiled, glancing sidelong at him--not intending to be coy, though it could be mistaken for that.

"A typewriter? Do you still use one?" It wasn't archaic, but the idea of Huxley sitting behind a desk, tapping keys, amused her.

He gave her a nod, "Each page is done with a type writer. It keeps me from going insane. I like the tap-tap-tap. I like the smell of it. The sound of the page going across." He closed his eyes, "Though, now I use a manual one rather than electric. I got an antique one and had it fixed up so it doesn't break."

He rubbed his thumb across her side, pointing to a large pink sign, "Bliss."
Evelyn grinned at him as he described writing. "You make it sound like fun," she said. And then inadvertently squeaked when his thumb rubbed her side. She looked where he indicated and nodded.

"Bliss." Right. Act normal. Just on a date. Yeah right; she kept pace with him, unsure of what to expect from such a flashy sign. Perhaps the restaurant reflected a bit of Huxley's personality. What was she getting herself into? "I haven't been here before. Is there something you recommend as far as food selection?" she inquired.

"I like the veggie burger." He looked down at his hand as he opened the door, "Of course, if you like meat, the spicy turkey leg is great. Wonderful wine here too, but I prefer martinis." he stepped to the side, to let her in first.

The interior was bright and colourful. Lots of pink, purple, red. The tables were low with thick plush chairs around them. It was a comfortable looking place.
She stepped in and gasped in awe. It was beautiful and bright, and it looked comfortable. She entered and waited for him momentarily, completely out of her element.

"This is amazing," she breathed softly, her eyes large as she tried to soak it all in. She turned to look back at him. "Thank you."

Huxley looked at her, "You don't get taken out often, do you?" He looked at the maitre'd, "Reservations under Alexander, for two."

The man nodded, "Don't worry, Mr. Alexander, I remember you. I don't think without you, Bliss would have been able to get to where it is today. How is your sister?"

Huxley looked embarrassed. Now it looked like he had set this up to brag! The only reason the man said this was because Huxley was a friend of the owners and took every opportunity to come in the early days, when they first opened.

Though it wasn't all a favour to the owner.
Evelyn flushed briefly, looking down. For all that she was good at giving other people advice, she often didn't follow her own rules. "I get out some," she murmured softly.

And then at the announcement from the maitre'd, she arched a brow at Huxley. It wasn't exactly a condemning look, but definitely a curious one as to why he was so well known in the restaurant.

"You have a sister?" she asked, intrigued.

He winced, "I'm sorry, Doc. That was rude of me." As they were lead to their seats, Huxley smiled, "Well, yeah. Two, one older, one younger. I live with the younger one and her husband. Lisa Ann. She's a little hell raiser, but it keeps my house from being lonely. I spend days and days alone, so it's nice to know that there are other people around sometimes."

He pulled out her chair, smiling.
She followed him to the table and then gingerly sat when he pulled her chair out for her. She was slightly taken aback by his...gentlemanly manner. It was a nice change from the last man she'd dated.

She waited for him to sit before saying, "I have an older brother; but we haven't talked in a while." She really should check on him, assuming she could find his number.

"We'll decide on wine once we get our meals ordered. No sense in ordering the wrong one with the dish." He smiled as he sat down. He knew what he wanted already, but he looked over the menu anyhow - if only to make it look like he didn't eat here every other week.

"So the only girl and a baby. That must have been nice. I was the middle and a boy. I was expected to protect my little sister and respect the older one."
Evelyn nodded at his mention of waiting on the wine. She wasn't a drinker in particular, but she could handle a glass.

She grinned at his comment of being a middle child. "Well, actually, it wasn't as great as you might expect. My brother slacked off in school, so I had to make up for it." She shrugged. "It sounds like you and your sister get along alright. What about you and your older brother?"

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » A Walk to Beat Writer's Block (Open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus