Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The witcher and the child [ OPEN ]

Evellienn (played by JustAStory) Topic Starter

As she tried to escape the woman's grip, she expected the villagers to wound the witcher with their swords, pitchforks and pieces of wood, studded with nails. She expected to see the pitchfork piercing his body.
When the witcher attacked she froze.
The man that just stayed here, eating peacefully and smiling at her was now outside, showing another side of himself.
One hard punch. Blood flew through the air, as he approached another villager, crushing his hand.
It happened so fast. Veleena and the girl just stood there shocked, unable to trace all the movements of the witcher.
"Is this even possible?" - Veleena was thinking.
Evellien realized that the fight was already over for the villagers the moment the witcher decided to exit the house.
In what seemed to be 30 seconds bodies were lying on the ground. He was done, before the girl and the woman were able to comprehend what happened.
While Veleena was thinking if that was even possible, the girl had other thoughts.
"Will I be able to do this too?"
Verin came back to the house, as the last tear from Evellien's eyes fell from her cheek.
They watched the witcher, stunned, without moving.
- Evellienn - the woman said - go, take a bath.
- But...
Veleena looked at her.
- You're a girl, not a boy, you can't walk around dirty like that. You're going to become a lady one day, how are you going to find a man, if you're always dirty?
- Pf, like I care..
Veleena took her by the hand and went to the other room. The girl took off her dirty clothes and just threw them on the ground.
- You have to learn some manners, Eve.
- Why? I want to be like Verin, did you see manners in this fight? No!
Veleena placed a bar of soap near Eve and she jumped into the tub, splashing water all over the ground and smiled. Veleena let out a long disappointed sigh, as she took her clothes from the ground.
- I hope destiny knows what is doing... I'm throwing these old rags and gonna give you new clothes.
She said, leaving the room. Veleena sat on a chair and looked at the man.
- You know that after this you can't stay more than one night here, witcher...
Verin (played anonymously)

Verin nodded and looked at Veleena's. "It was either that or let them run her off again, and I don't take kindly to people who are rough on children because of blame. So I listened to my heart and my head and made the call," he said to veleena with a frown on his face, him not too proud with what had happened, him tapping his finger on the door frame gently. Then he couldn't help but comment on what Evellienn had said. "Give it a few years and you will want to find a man's, even if you are beating the snot out of people. But there are some men who like people who are fighters," he said to her with a chuckle. Then, after the question about if destiny knew what it was doing, Verin looked at Veleena. "You know, if I would have killed them out there, I would still be proud, because I was protecting her. This village and the people in it, minus you and Evellienn, make me sick," he muttered with a wee bit of spite in his voice as he turned to look at Veleena. "With what that girl has gone through, they don't deserve anything less than the very gates of the abyss," he muttered with spite in his voice, his arms crossing rather angrily. How he spoke made it extremely clear he was protective of Evellienn, like a father would be to their child. in the inflection his his voice, it was clear he would die for her, mostly because he saw alot of himself in the boy. After a while, a fierce knocking would come from the door, outside of it standing a woman glade in half plate and chain with a Griffon head amulet on her neck. her eyes were the same glowing yellow of Verin's, that of a witcher, and she stood half a foot shorter than verin, her long blond hair pulled into a Pony Tail

The girl listened to the people in the other room, while enjoying her bath. It was warm, cozy, she felt calm and smiled a little. Evellienn played with the water and enjoyed every minute of this moment.
She washed herself with the soap, watched the bubbles in the air when she noticed something on the bubbles. A figure. In every bubble there was a strange hooded figure.
"What..." - she thought, watching them flying above and around her.
The girl touched one of the bubbles with her finger and they burst into the air. She got out of the tub and wrapped a towel around herself.
It felt so good and the smell from the soap was amazing. Veleena probably made it with some herbs, or at least that's how she explained the smell to herself.
When she was ready she dressed the new clothes and realized she actually liked that black color. Tight leather black pants, black tight shirt and the "new" boots. She felt like a new person.
The girl saw the large mirror in the room and decide to take a look at herself. Suddenly she noticed a figure of a hooded men behind her. She turned around, but there was no one in the room. Still, he was visible in the mirror. He was moving his mouth, like he was talking, but the only thing she could hear was some loud noise, making her feel like her head was going to explode.
She closed her eyes and placed her hands on her ears, but this didn't stop the nose.
Another look at the mirror... the man reached out for her with his hand... and disappeared, breaking the mirror.
Eve just stood there and stared into the broken mirror.
"Am I going crazy..." - she asked herself, and despite the shock she decided to act like nothing happened.
When she got out of the room Veleena laughed and her and spoke.
- These were my clothes. When I was 10 years old!
- Yeah, yeah, I know that I was born on the 7th month, and I should've been bigger, but I can beat up every 13y/o girl or a boy! Or even 15 y/o! So that doesn't matter. - Evellienn answered with no hesitation.
Veleena was about to say something, but someone knocked on the door. The woman seemed worried, but opened the door and then looked at the witcher for an explanation.

Verin saw the witcher and nodded. "Serina," he muttered with a nod before going into the bathroom at seeing the mirror. She blinked at how quick Verin shrugged her off and watched him walk away. "Well..okay then," she said blinking before she pointed to the crowd of groaning beaten up idiots. Her medallion suddenly vibrated after the events in the bathroom, her eyes widening at the suddenness of it, almost violently thumping against her chest, same with Verin's on the wall. Verin was in the room, staring at the mirror with an almost devilish intent, the smell of magic in the air causing him to tense as he watched it. then he turned his head and looked at Veleena. "what in the hell was in that shack," he said flatly. "You l know about it and I don't take kindly to liars, no matter how beautiful they may be, tell me what was going on with it," he said, setting his hand on the table and staring her dead in the eyes. The irritation clear in his eyes as he looked at her. Serina looked at Verin and blinked in confusion and raised her brow after a little.

"Verin, what on earth is going on?" she asked and looked outback. Then she saw the Katakan and looked at Veleena with wide eyes. "What on earth, there was a Katakan in this shack? why?"

Veleena didn't speak. The girl traced the witcher with her eyes as he approached the other room and them coming back nervous.
She guessed that he noticed the mirror and maybe felt something.
- I broke the mirror - Evellienn spoke - it was an accident, why are you...
- Witcher - Veleena interrupted the girl - that thing was imprisoned there to guard. I wish I could tell you more, but I treasure my own life. I've been given a second chance from her mother and If I speak I will die. I don't want to die. As much as I want to tell you everything... I can't, because I want to live. Her mother was a powerful sorceresses, kind woman, but not stupid. Not stupid at all. And her father...
But how? Sorceresses couldn't have children. How?
Veleena looked at the girl.
- You're smart girl.
Evellienn stared into the ground and after a moment smiled.
- I knew it - she said - I knew it...
The woman approached Verin and placed her warm gentle hand on his cheek.
- Witcher, you have so much pain in your eyes. You don't need another, and you speak of this girl as if she is your own flesh and blood. Leave her with me and forget everything about this place. I know more than you and she'll be safer with me, rather than fighting monsters with you. There are things much more powerful than your law of surprise, witcher...
Evellienn pierced the witcher with her stare.

Verin looked Veleena with almost anger in his eyes as he crossed his arms, his body tensing at the hand on his cheek, him inhaling hard and sharply. Then he put his hand on her wrist and removed it form his cheek. "That would be the easy way wouldn't it," he said to her, glaring at her. "Just forget it ever happened yeah, let her fade from my thoughts like some booze caused dream," he said an accidental sound of spite breaking his lips. The Witcher looked at her and his eyes, seeming do dig into her soul, stared at her. "We stay the night, deserves to be out of this hole, like I said, what you want is the easy way," he said rather flatly. Then he sat down and poured himself another cup of ale and sipped it, focusing on the drink for a moment and using it to calm himself down. Then Verin looked at Evellienne for smile, him remembering one of the few words in Elder Speech he knew. "Everything...," he chuckled rather fondly. As he smiled at Evellienn Serina moved closer to Veleena. "Evellienn, your name literally means everything..," he said with a soft smile. "I'm not leaving you here,"

"Verin never takes the easy way," she chuckled softly as she leaned next to Veleena. Then she looked at him. "He will protect her to the gates of the abyss and back, he is not the kind to let go of someone he latches onto to, I've known him long enough to know that, Given the option between death and someone he cares about, Verin will throw himself into the grinder every single time," she said in a whisper to Veleena. "the thought of the easy way is insulting to him, he is not that type...there was a time we ran together for 50 years... 50 years of watching that...idiot make choices...He hates watching children suffer, he has hunted for bounties of child abusers and gave the money to the children or their mothers to help...Ive seen him kick down someones door before and go to jail for a month to teach someone a lesson in civility to your family...," she chuckled, an amount of fondness and unrequited care and love coming out in how she looked at Verin

The moment Verin looked at the girl, she rewarded him with the happiest smile she could ever make. First, because he looked so tense and second... well, she just couldn't hide her smile.
Standing there with her wet hair and clothes for 10 y/o girl, her pointed ears and amber eyes she was just smiling warmly at the witcher. The girl looked like she could be blown from the slightest wind, but that was a lie, she could endure so much.
- I didn't know my name means everything... - she said - but it doesn't matter. Now I have everything.
Then Evellienn looked at Sirena with curiosity while approaching her without hesitation.
- Are you a witcher too? Can you fight like Verin?

- You might want to try and saddle the horse outside - Veleena spoke to the witcher - he is too wild, I can't deal with him...
Outside there was a young, strong black horse and a saddle on a wooden table near him.

Serina looked at her and chuckled, her kneeling to get to eye to eye with Evellienn. The Witcher woman's eyes looked into Evellienn's, her smiling softly. "I don't quite fight like him, my methods are different. But I do fight," she chuckled, gripping her amulet to calm down its rapid shaking. "YOu know those signs he casts when he needs to, like the fire storm or the one that pushes things or the shield or the trap (She knows there name, she is simplifying for the girls sake) Well where he uses them to supplement his fighting and his dodging, I rely on them as my go to," she chuckled and she looked at verin after a moment. Then she went to pat Evellien gently on the head, her beaming out a smile as she looekd at her. "I'm no where near as Reckless as Verin. That man would jump down a Dragon's maw if he knew it would help him kill it faster," she chuckled. Then she went to rub a few of her fingers through Eve's hair. "You have gorgeous hair," she chuckled softly, looking at her. "I could show you some tricks to keeping it feeling nice and soft on the road and show you some ways to tie it up better so it stays out of the way in battle yeah?

Verin looked at Veleena and chuckled. "Like I said, we are staying the night, I'll get your rebellious horse saddled up in the morning, after breakfast," he chuckled, smiling. Then he heard what Serina said and snorted. "Of course I would, can't kill more people if its dead, and dragons are rare enough that if its one of the 'Agressive' dragons I would have done the world some good," he said, finishing off the tankard of of mead and standing. He stretched his shoulders and then looked around. He found a second spare back nad put the tomes he had found into it and sealed it up. Then he sat and began to assemble witcher potions and bombs to replace all the oens he had used.

- This horse is for you, witcher. Your reward as I promised. - Veleena spoke to the witcher.

Evellienn was surprised by Serina. She was so kind, made her a compliment, offered her to teach her how to keep her hair nice and soft, how to tie her up... it was obvious the girl wasn't used to compliments and didn't knew how to react. She just looked away, smiled a little and blushed.
- I... I'd love to look good... - Evellienn whispered, still looking somewhere else with her red cheeks. After all she was a girl and like all girls... she wanted to look good. Especially in this age.
Suddenly Veleena went outside and the girl followed her.
- What's wrong, Veleena?
She leaned on the fence, looking at the distance.
- You know, Eve... form this day on you will have to make choices. And choices define your destiny.
- You're leaving - the girl said and Veleena was surprised -this house... it feels different. Despite the people here... it feels empty. You're leaving, right?
She knelt.
- Look... come with me. I'll teach you everything about herbs, you can make good money when you grow up. My... soon to be husband is going to pick me up in an hour. Come with us.
The girl remained silent.
- And when the time comes I'll tell you everything.
Veleena knew the girl was curious and this was her chance to convince her.
- W... where are you going, Veleena?
- I can't tell you. If you come with me you'll know. If you don't... I'd want to forget this and move on. I'm sorry. But I still care for you, that's why I want you to come with me.
- I...- Evellienn remained silent.
- I'm going to pack some of my stuff. You have time to think.
Veleena said and went inside the house, leaving the girl alone. Evellienn let out a long sigh and stared at the ground for a while. After that she climbed on the roof and lied there, watching the clear blue skies, under the warm sun.
"One hour...." - she thought. "only an hour..."
She already made her decision.

Verin had no idea about what Veleena had offered to Evelienne. Verin was still working on his potions, him slowly and delicately re-brewing them as he watched the bottle, it bubbling against his hand from the igni sign he had casted with the other hand holding it. His potions were important to his work and it showed with how delicately he brewed the potions. His hands worked with an expert precision, him sliding and capping off each potion as he finished them, and having them assigned to the correct, engraved bottle. he had them engraved so that if he had to grab them quickly, he could do it by feel and not have to look at it or try a sip of it. Then he got to work on the bombs, a much more delicate process. Since he was dealing with explosives, he took a breathe and then got out fresh glass bomb casings. The glass bombs looked like ornaments, but were fortunately very tough enchanted glass, Verin slowly poured the silver shavings into the bomb and then slid a small impact rune, based on an Aard sign, into the bomb and then slowly sealed it, him humming as he worked, him setting the bomb to the side on the table. He repeated the process with his second bomb, putting the second moondust bomb off to the side. Then he began to piece together the samum bomb, using enchanted gems to hold the winds of the desert inside of them. and he added a little of his own touch, the flash powder. Then he set it off to the side and then groaned.

Serina saw Eve on the roof and quickly got up there with her and sat beside her and smiled. "What's eating you," she asked softly as she watched the cloud, her starting to hum gently. Serina seemed much calmer than Verin as a whole, she seemed like the type to not rush in blindly into a battle she may or may not win. She also had that air of strength about her, but a hint of magic as well

- Nothing - Evellienn said. Serina was a stranger to her, she wasn't going to tell her what was in her mind. It was hard for the girl to trust someone, end even if she kept a secret what was on her mind she looked... angry.
- I don't want to stay here... - she added.

After an hour a cart stopped outside. Evellienn got inside the house and saw Veleena getting her backpack. She went outside and jumped into the man's hug, kissing him. They looked happy...
Evellienn went outside too and Veleena knelt, starting into her eyes.
- So? - the woman asked.
- This is a goodbye, Veleena... I'll miss you. I'll miss you so much. - Evellienn's eyes watered.
- I wish you luck, Eve.
The woman smiled and jumped into the cart.
Veleena was the closest thing she had to a mother.
She watched her fading away in the distance.
"If they are afraid of you, use that fear to get what you want"
She remembered.
Choices, choices... she had the right to make choices. Others had this right too. That's how they shaped their destiny.
There was a burning rage in the girl's eyes.
Choices, choices...
She took a rock from the ground and ran towards her father's house.
So many choices...
The girl burst out of the door.
- Hello, daddy, I'm home! - she said.
He was with his 15 years old son, the other was working most likely in the fields. Evellienn threw the rock at her father's head so hard that he fell on the ground, leaving a bleeding wound on his forehead. Before the father was able to stand up the girl grabbed the bow and the arrows.
- You little shit! - he said, making a few steps towards her, but an arrow hit his shoulder.
- Next time it's your head! What do you think?! You made this bow for him, but while he was playing herbalist I trained with it!
It looked like the girl has gone mad. There was no fear in her eyes, and her posture showed no hesitation.
- Drop the key to the house on the ground! Do it, or I'm going to leave a hole in his head! - she said to her father. Her "brother" was scared.
Her father dropped the key on the ground.
- Now get out of the house! NOW! You, lock the house! Faster!
Her father was outside, while Evellienn locked herself inside the house with her brother.
-Unlock the basement - she said to her brother with an arrow pointing right at his head - Now go inside!
She followed him to the basement where it was forbidden to go. And saw a painting. She has never seen this painting before.
- Is this... my mother...
- Y... yes.. - the boy answered.
The girl wanted to cry, but didn't. Behind her mother on the painting were the skies with that pink hue and the castle from her dream.
But Evellienn had no time.
- Grab my mother's notes and get out! - Evellienn said to her brother and got out of the basement. He followed.
- Now give them to me, unlock the house and go outside!
He did what she told him, but the arrow was still pointing at his head.
- Now... - she said to her father who was outside - Come in, father.
He got back in the house and locked it from the inside, threw the key at the girl's feet, just like she told him. She picked up the key. They were staring at each other.
- The moment you move you gonna end up dead. I suggest you stay still.... - she said to him. He listened to her. She smiled.
- You were always a coward.
She opened one wooden cabinet that was filled with alcohol. She got one bottle and threw it at her father.
- DRINK!
Another one aimed at him.
- DRINK, YOU LIKE THAT, DON'T YOU!
She started throwing the alcohol all around the room. Her father was covered in alcohol. She continued in her rage. After all the bottles were gone she smiled and picked up a candle.
- No, no, no, please, don't! - her father begged, almost crying.
Her brother outside was screaming for help and tried to open the door. But no one came. They were all scared.
- Don't you want to die here with me, daddy? - She asked - You made choices... this entire life you made choices. For you, for my brothers... all good ones. And for me... well, no one cared, right? Hah... now I'm making a choice.
- No! - her father screamed at the top of his lungs. The candle touched the ground and everything went in flames. The girl looked above and closed her eyes, while everything around her was in flames.
Her father's clothes started burning, and he screamed. He screamed like never before.
Evellienn quickly went outside from the window with her bow, arrows and notes, while her father couldn't. The window was too small for him.
She made a few steps backwards in shock from what she just did, while the house was being consumed by flames. The boy outside was crying.
- No! - her oldest brother appeared and broke the door, grabbing his father and bringing him out. His skin and clothes were burned, he was disfigured, but still barely breathing...
- Help me, someone! - her oldest brother was screaming... and the girl... just stood there, watching at their misery...
She made a choice. It wasn't a good one, but it was her choice.

Serina rushed over to them and started to help the man. She had deep concern in her eyes and blinked. "How on Earth," she gasped softly, the female Witcher showed deep care and concern for all life, and she began to work on treating the man with burn ointments and she looked at his son. "We have to move him," she said to the boy. "It's gunna suck and he is going to hurt alot, but we can't leave him on the ground," she said, going to pick him up. If you the boy wouldn't help, she would carry him into Veleena's house on her own, her showing rather incredible strength. It was mostly adrenaline at the moment and she laid him in the bed and frowned, her cutting off his clothes and starting to treat the burns more thoroughly, getting out bandages and wraps and starting to gently wrap his wounds, her frowning deeply as she did so. "Sir you need to breathe, it's okay," she said softly to him. "Your burns are bad, but with some rest, and a healers touch you will be okay, the scars won't go away, but you will be able to work again and live a normal life," she said, taking his wrapped hand in hers and squeezing it tightly and caringly.

Verin moved over to Evellienn and crossed his arms and then looked at her, a look that could be taken as disapproval or humor in his face, it was hard to tell with him. Then he kneeled and looked at her. Then he took a breath. "I have myself to blame for not being clearer earlier... Use the fear, but never truly become the monster they believe you to be," he said, taking her shoulder and squeezing it tightly and caringly. "If you do, you are no better than them. If a monster attacked this place, no matter how much the villagers here disgust me, I would save them," then he pointed at the burning home. "That is in no way right, you always do what you think is right . Leaving was the right thing to do, taking your belongings is the right thing to do. Now I'm not a sinless father of some righteous order but I try to do what I think is the better choice. Your father still has 2 sons to raise, sure he is a heartless bastard and he had it coming, but if you ever take revenge, never make it a spectacle and take it when the person who owes you reparations has uses left, and never take it unless they truly deserve it," he said parting her head. "Because I promise you, revenge is never worth it in the end... And in a few years you will look back on this moment and regret everything you just did,"

- I don't care! - she pushed back witcher's hand - Do not tell me what to do! I'm not showing any mercy!
Her elven blood was burning.
- I'm not them monster they thought I am. For them I'll be something even worse! I'm going to regret that your witcher woman saved him. But I will come back, I won't let him smile ever again!
She revealed her true nature. The girl was reckless and vengeful. Her decisions were emotional and she was impulsive.
-I don't care what's right and wrong. It's the right thing for me. They'll see their father's face and they'll remember. He'll see his face and he'll remember. And don't talk like you know what revenge is and what it'll bring. I had nothing. But now.. I plan to have everything. I won't let anything stop me. I won't!
She was holding her bow tight and her hand was slowly shaking, but in her eyes there was no regret, nor fear. Only burning rage. It was clear that the girl would choose to end conflicts with violence.

The sun was high in the sky and for a first time no one was out in the streets. It was quiet and the only thing that could be heard were the flames, devouring the house.
They had the chance to spend a night in a house, on a bed with warm meal, but the girl ruined this for them. She had no intention of staying here.
- I... I don't want to stay here - she said - Veleena left me. I'll understand if you do the same. I can manage on my own.

Verin looked at her for a moment and then put his hand on her shoulder once again. After a moment of reassuring squeezing, he grinned. "Why on Earth would I leave you on your own, if I did, you would end up in a tree surrounded by drowners," he said and then suddenly pulled her into a hug and held her close to him, like a father would his child. "In time you will learn discipline," he said before slowly releasing the hug. Then he stood and watched a small group of patrolling guardsmen come into the town. "Can you saddle the horse?" He asked as one of the villagers had told the men what he had seen and heard of Evellienn's Actions. "If you can, get the horse saddled," he said looking at the men. Verin made up alot of things to save people without bloodshed, this would have to be one of them. As the men started to run towards them, verin stepped in their way. "What on Earth are you doing witcher?!" One barked out sharply.

Verin looked at him, the men stopping
"I have taken her in as my surprise child, it's stronger than a blood oath, try and touch her, try and harm one single hair on her head and you die, each and every one of you," verin said flatly, setting his hand on his sword hilt. The men went pale as they stared at the Witcher

The girl froze when Verin hugged her. She felt like the weight of the world was lifted off of her shoulders. She wanted to stay like this forever, this was the safest place in the entire world.
- I... I'll sadle to horse- she almost whispered.
Verin stood up, stepping in the way of the guards. She heard what he said.
"Stronger than blood..." - she repeat in her head and head back to the house. Inside she saw Serina, her father and her brothers.
- I think Verin will fight the guards - the girl said and ran to the backyard.
If Serina decided to help him it would be the perfect time for the girl to put an arrow to her father's head. After that thought she shook her head.
"I have more important things to do"
She got close to the horse and pet it, then she took the saddle and tried to put it on the horse. The animal immediately jumped on its hind legs.
- Dammit! Come on, horse!
She tried again and again and nothing changed. The girl was beyond angry. The horse jumped again and the girl touched it on the head.
- Hoooold - she said, watching it in the eyes. The horse stood still, like it was hypnotized. Evellienn managed to saddle it and put the reins on it. She go back in the house, took the witcher's bags, when she got out she looked at the monster's head and took it in her hand.
- You sure look ugly... - she said to the head and jumped on the horse. She had no idea how to ride a horse, so she just did what others do.
The horse started running.
- Aaaaaa, how do I stop you? Stop, slower, ya stupid horse!!!!
The horse was running with fast towards the guards and the witcher, and the girl was screaming.
- Veriiiiiiiiiin, I can't stoooooooop!!!!

Verin blinked as he heard the commotion and turned to look. After a moment to take in what was going on, his eyes seeing where the stirrups were on it's saddle. Verin's hand released the grip on his sword and he moved and jumped, like a cat, adjusting his body mid flight like a cat would. Both of his hands grabbed the side of the saddle and Verin's foot ended up in the stirrups. After a moment of taking in what was going in, the men scattering away from the sprinting horse rather quickly. He looked at her and nodded. "Move back," he said, his hand taking one of the reins gently.as soon as she slid back, he used the stirrups to use his left foot to push himself onto the saddle, his right foot getting into the other saddle, then he directed the horse for a while and took a breathe. "Good job, the saddle is comfly," he chuckled softly

Serina ran outside and blinked at the sight she witnessed. After a moment she chuckled and walked back inside wand went to check on the burned man, her sighing. She got out more medical supplies​ and then set them on the table. She was gunna stay her until a proper healer could arrive

The girl quickly moved back and the witcher and took his place on the saddle. It happened so fast but she had to get used to this.
Evellienn wrapped her hands around the witcher's waist and rested her head on his back. It was more like a hug, rather than an attempt to not fall from the saddle.
She smiled.
They left the village. Together.
She smiled even more.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The witcher and the child [ OPEN ]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus