Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » A witcher and a sorceress walk into a bar...

Verin (played anonymously)

Verin looked at the man and raised a brow. "Why on earth do you want to to talk to her, I guarantee you sir that I do not take kindly hto men who like little kids I assure ya," he said, his face entirely humorous. Verin after a moment of silence laughed and then stretched a little bit and looked at the man with an intent that could only be called dire. "You may speak to her, but only within my eyesight and right here, understood?" he said rather sharply. It was obvious how protectivehe was of the girl by how he glared daggers at the man speaking to them. Verin's glare said everything, it spoke miles to the how he would kill the man with no hesitation if he did anything BUT talk to her. "And you can speak right here," he said, sipping his drink gently as he looked at Eve. "You can ahve some ale when you are older, for now, enjoy the juice, because this alchohol tastes like piss," he grumbled rather flatly as he watched the man out of the corenr of his eye
Vivian Corallis (played anonymously)

Vivian's eyes flicked over to the man who'd approached as he offered a drink, slowly shaking her head and mumbled something about not wanting to get drunk. He seemed pretty casual with the girl, so she assumed they knew each other. She set down her tankard, clearing her throat as she looked down at the young girl, staring for a few moments. "Maybe. Maybe not. Haven't decided." she said with a short yawn, drawing out her casual words. Who was she? was a thought that crossed her mind, only for a moment before she dismissed it as information she didn't necesarily care to know. Then, as the strange fellow in the brown robe with a staff approached and requested to speak with the child, her eyes narrowed slightly.

What could such a man need to speak to the child about? What importance was she? Was this man a threat? These were enough questions to draw her attention, so she pushed off of the counter and cleared her throat loudly after the first man agreed, with conditions, to the robed-person's request. "Not really any of my business, but I must say, if someone such as yourself has something to say to a young girl, I think it's best you speak to the guardians instead, no? After all, you do seem to be a stranger." she said in her calm and bored tone, her red eyes glaring down the robed-person.
Evellienn (played by JustAStory) Topic Starter

[Ok, the posting order continues like before. After the dragon posts it will be - Vivian, Verin, Me, Dragon. If you'd like to be changed just let the others know in Info and Posting Order :3 ]

Evellienn froze when she saw that man entering the inn again. She watched his every step, every movement. His skin was dark, just like the spot she had on her hand. That was interesting. Coincidence maybe? She made a mental note to herself to become alcoholic when she grow up, because now Verin didn't let her drink, so this way she'd show him who is the boss here. At this moment it sounded perfectly logical.
She frowned when the man spoke to the witcher, not to her. As if she was just an item he wanted to borrow. She frowned even more when the witcher set a conditions and Vivian spoke.
- Ah, what are you guys? Slave masters? - she spoke to Vi a Verin - I'm not a kid anymore, so I can decide for myself!
The girl wasn't exactly the obedient type. In her blood she was a rebellious child. She got close to the stranger, and even if she was scared she didn't show it. Instead she acted like the whole inn was under her control. The girl looked him straight in the eyes with no hesitation.
- We will speak. Outside. - the inn was crowded and she didn't want others to listen. Eve looked at the witcher - don't worry, I'll open the door so you can see.
Evellienn quickly went outside, adjusted her sword and bow on her back just like Verin, making sure they were tight to her body, crossed her arms over her chests, waiting for the stranger.
Darvynos Satreloth (played by Arcol)

The plan seemed to work, but that would be decided by how this worked. He went with her, exiting the tavern. He could now see much more than inside the filthy inn. She reminded him much of... no, but it could be. That was what he was here, in this town with this strange girl that reminded him of his own past, to find the truth of who she was. They stared at each other for some time before Darvynos spoke. "Who are you?" he asked, trying to find this answer before something disturbed them.

Vivian watched silently as the girl tried to convince them of her maturity, still, Vivian had doubts of her safety. Eventually though, she shrugged. She wasn't a child below ten, at least. She could handle talking to someone. She shrugged lightly and leaned back against the counter again as the girl walked outside with the girl. Vivian looked over to the man left with her and shrugged again, her head tilted a bit. "Reminds me of how I imagined myself at my age." She admitted before looking back at the door. " Not my place to intrude in your privacy, so I'll back off now." Vivian turned, her elbows on the bar.

Vivian figured, since it wasn't her business, nor her problem, she shouldn't really care, so that's what she's doing, logically. Not caring. She was good at that. Still, the fact that the girl was asking about the man, and he happens to request to speak to her so suddenly rose her suspicions.

Verin watched for a moment before sipping his ale once more. The man seemed to unnerve him just a little bit although he tried not to let it show. Verin took the cup of ale and watched through the door as he responded to the Sorceress. "Reminds me too much of myself...rebellious, hard-headed, stubborn as an old mule," he said, chuckling as he looked at her through the door. Verin looked over at ehr and chuckled. "Nahh, we can keep talking, it is a bore to drink alone," he chuckled softly as he watched through the door and breathed out gently, him adjusting his blades just a little and breathing out. His eyes examined the man for if he made one wrong move. One move was all it would took for him to draw his blade and sprint across the room and outside. One, Wrong, Move. But Verin needed to relax until that move was made and he tapped the bar for another drink and then exhaled slowly, him setting the coin onto the table once more. His armor groaned and stretched as he took a deep breath and then sighed

Evellienn stared into the man. There was something totally strange in this guy, but she had no idea what. Suddenly, after he asked his question, she flipped with her hair, unintentionally revealing her pointed elven ear, reached with her left hand at him, like she was expecting something from him. Her right hand with the dark spot on the palm was hidden behind her back now.
- I wan't money - she said with no hesitation and then grinned - 30 crowns! If you wan't to know who I am that is.
One thing she learned in her life... everything had a price. Her head had a price until recently. She wanted to buy herself a journal, so she can write there, but she didn't want to ask Verin for money. So she had to make money by herself. Eve had no idea that in front of her stood a mighty dragon that could kill her with the blink of an eye. If she knew - she'd want more money. I mean... everyone knew dragons were rich and had a lot of treasures.
- Every question will cost more - she added - and you'll answer too, to the questions you ask me.
She had no boundaries.
- C'mon, old man. Chop chop.
She had no manners. No respect for the elders.
The bards started entering the inn. People were thrilled when they saw Priscilla, that just stood there, smiling. A lot of people ran to her, asking for autographs, making it impossible to see what was happening outside.

If the dragon gives Evellienn the money she'd tell him her name - Evellienn and she'd expect the same from him. If not... well... she was yet to decide.
Darvynos Satreloth (played by Arcol)

Thirty crowns were placed in her hand, along with a groan from Darvynos. If there was one thing he hated besides heroes and knights, it was giving out his precious metals, especially for information he deserved. The ear on her head reminded him of those terrible thoughts of the past, a curse, a lost cause. But through these thoughts, he began thinking kidnapping would be both quicker and less expensive. If things went the wrong way, there was always that last option. He could not kill her, however angry she made him, for she had answers and questions he could answer. If two pieces collided, it could lead to the missing piece that would make him whole.

Vivian's eyes were trained intently on the girl standing outside of the door, narrowed slightly. She let out a low hum in thought before she folded her arms, having grown tired of her cheap ale. She didn't even seem to notice the man next to her was talking to her, so she cleared her throat slightly before she tapped her chin. "Something about her. Something familiar. Something.." She mumbled and tilted her head some. Forgotten was the word she was looking for.

Vivian shook her head suddenly. Who was this girl? What's her importance?

What Vivian noticed with her well-trained eyes was the ear revealed as she flipped her hair out of the way. An elf. Vivian puckered up her lips and leaned further against the counter. Then, she looked over to the man next to her. "Where'd you find her? You're no elf, am I wrong?" She asked causally

Verin looked at Vivian and chuckled softly. "I am no Elf, she is my surprise child. Saved her father's life years ago. Stupid blasted mistake as he was a cruel bastard, didn't harm her physically, emotionally who knows the damage he did," he grumbled rather flatly as he watched the bargaining and question answering once more. Verin put a hand on his amulet to just have something relaxing to focus on, him sipping his drink once more. Then he set it down and patted his pouches. Bombs are check, as are the silver knuckles. The hard metal bracing gently against his palm as he squeezed it. He checked his knife holsters as well, the Silver is right where it needed to be, as were his steel knives, ready for use at a moments notice. "I found ehr in a small Village in Velen, miserable little place right near the edge of a swamp, though to be fair all of Velen is miserable and on the edge of a swamp," he said with a flat tone, not obvious whether he was joking or serious in any way.

The girl put the crowns in her pocket with a smile and a smug look on her face. Now she knew she was in control of the situation... or was she?
- Next question will cost you 50 crowns. I'm Evellienn of Velen - she said to the man. If she could she'd take his clothes and staff too. Eve turned her head at Verin. Her smile disappeared and her face suddenly became very serious. She slammed the door of the inn and stared at the dragon. She didn't want Verin to know she was concerned about her hand and that she was searching for answers. Then she showed her right hand and the dark spot she had on her palm that had the color of Darvynos's skin.
- Now who are you and what's this? Why am I seeing you in my dreams? I have visions of you. Thought I was going crazy. But here you are, standing here in front of me.
"Visions," he questioned, "I've had visions as well, times of long past and wars fought. You are a sore reminder of someone I once knew, but who it was, and how they relate to me, I cannot say. But I feel the answers I need are before me, and I cannot wait another second to find them." With that, he transformed into his true form, Mersoth, grabbed the girl and took flight, sure that he would not be disturbed as he returned to his home in the mountains, not far for a dragon's flight, but two or three days on foot, which would give him an advantage, or at least a head start to find answers before the guardian and the strange girl, along with everyone else, came to slay him.

"Surprise child.." She whispered to herself in thought as she listened to him, her brow furrowed. Then, she nodded slowly before clearing her throat. "What would a ruffian like you be doing with a youngling like her? Surely, you have duties?" She asked, noticing his gear meant for combat, rather than caring for the young. "Training her?" But then, she shook her head, waving her hand to dismiss her questioning. "Nevermind that, actually. Nothing I want to know. What I do want to know, is what is so important about that girl that the robed stranger needs to talk to her privately for." Vivian tapped her chin.

As she saw the girl glance back in, then suddenly slam the door shut, Vivian immediately pushed off of the counter, narrowing her eyes, whiched flicked over to the child's guardian, her hand immediately going to the hilt of her sword on her hip. The tachi on her back rattled a bit in its sheath in response to her sudden alertness. She didn't want to burst out of the door when nothing was wrong, so she simply snaked her way through the inn until she was next to the door, close enough to hear talking, but not make out individual words.

Though, when she heard the sudden flap of massive wings, the wind pushing against the door. This is when she decided to barge out. She quickly pushed the door open, unsheathing her katana and holding it with both hands, but by the time she'd bursted out, she looked up to see the massive creature pumping it's wings to soar away, in it's talons, the elf girl. Vivian gritted hrr teeth. She should have gone out sooner. But, she was too late. "Grah! Damnit!" She cursed out.

Verin cursed loudly and was outside beside Vivian in moments, his face twisted up into a glare of anger. Verin quickly got onto his horse and snapped its reins, it beginning to gallop after the Dragon. Verin cursed out and pushed his horse harder, him breathing hard as he watched the dragon and rode after it. He didn't have long before he completely lost it, he had to be close for when it made it to its lair. If he wasn't able to see it return to its lair, he would likely never find the dragon until the day the rest of the town attacked it and he frankly didn't have time for them or their laziness, so he rode hard and fast, his horse's hooves digging into the fresh mud. He growled and kept riding, his eyes watching the best with anger painted on his eyes and a feeling he had not felt in a very long time, one he hated to feel over anyone still living. It was fear, pure unfiltered fear, the fear of losing something important, something too close to home to let be threatened, and here it was being taken by a dragon. "Eve!!!" he yelled out, anger in his voice at the dragon as he rode harder and faster, him grabbing his silver sword and then drawing it rather quickly, blade hissing from its scabbard as he reemember that some people formed cults around dragons and he would likely need to fight through it. so in that moment he drew his silver blade, he sheathed it once mroe and drew his steel blade.

Vivian gritted her teeth for a few moments, watching as the girl was carried off. Though, she couldn't watch for long. She had to do something. But why? This thought passed through her head for a moment. What makes it her responsibility to help this stranger reclaim his surprise child? It's not like it would really benefit her significantly, so why?

Vivian quickly glanced over to him as he mounted his horse, instantly starting to ride off down the cobblestone roads and out of view. The next thing she knew, she was pulling a rather pompous and snobby kid off of another horse, mounting it, and quickly set off to follow the man at a breakneck speed. She had to catch up. Something was off about that girl.

After about an hour trying to chase the dragon down he let out a curse and watched the sky and slowed down his horse's gallop. There was no reason to kill the beast out of his own pounding fear and heart. He slowed the animal to a fast canted, him being close enough to at least see the mountain top the dragon crowned from here. His face twisted up in anger and heart pounding in his chest, he couldn't let that thing eat her. But why hadnt it attacked the town

As Vivian kept him in sight, keeping pace, but keeping a distance, she narrowed her eyes slightly tilting her head a bit. He's just going straight for the dragon? No preparations? She grunted slightly, seeing him slow down a bit. Taking the opportunity, she galloped up to him on her horse, getting closer.

"Do you intend to slay the beast on your own, Browbeat?" She called out to him, slowing down her own stead to travel at his pace. "That's damn near suicide in your current state." Vivian explained, referring to his rage and fear. Vivian had no clue just how powerful this dragon may be, so it is best not to underestimate and rush in with no plan. "If it wanted to eat her, it wouldn't have taken the time to draw out a single individual from inside a building, and a small girl at that." She wanted to make sure he knew he didn't have to rush there as fast as possible. "It was asking her questions, so whatever she was telling it let it know she had answers. Just who is this child, and why would a dragon have business with her?" Vivian asked loudly.

"All I know is I saved her from a emotionally abusive home life, and yeah I intended to fight the dragon on my own, A Witcher from the Griffon School did the same and he ended up slaying the beast so it was worth a god damned try," he said rather sharply. Then he turned and looked at her as he kept riding. "And I view her as my duaghter, so the thought of Evellienn being in danger gives me chills," he spat as he looked at her, then he sighed. "I did have a plan, though, it would have e done in the beast but it was damn near suicide," he muttered, watching the mountain as he rode

Vivian stared at the Witcher for a moment. Perhaps his rage, fear and desire to keep the girl, now known to her as Evellienn, could be used. He'd be a dangerous weapon himself up close. Say Vivian drew the dragon's attention by using her magic to prove her power. That could allow the Witcher to get close enough to deliver fatal attacks. Maybe not enough to slay the beast, but enough to snag the girl and flee. Vivian smirked at her own plan and looked over to him as they rode.

"Say, Witcher. I might be able to get you close enough to the beast to get some decent hits on it. It might then turn it's attention to you for long enough for me to get the girl to safety." She suggested, looking at him, gripping the reigns tightly. The tachi on her back rattled in anticipation of a fight. However, Vivian wasn't sure it would be necessary to use against the dragon.
The goblins saw them before they were seen. Grubish, the goblin chief of Mersoth's army, prepared the defenses, weapons loaded and arms gathered. These goblins were different from most, being taller, with orange skin and red eyes, little or no hair, and skills in craftsmanship in weapons and armour. They were also more intelligent, but just enough to surpass most humans. The defenses laid and soldiers at the ready, Grubish felt the time was almost here to lead his army into their first battle in ages.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » A witcher and a sorceress walk into a bar...

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus