Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Iltheyn's Doodles (and Commission Info)

paranoid_party

You should def post prices :)
Iltheyn Topic Starter

Beetlebelle wrote:
If it's allowed you certainly should!
Do you have a digital portfolio or a DA account by chance? :)

I've never gotten around to making a portfolio; my pictures are often fan art so I need to make more original pieces to create one. But I do have a dA. Same name there. Iltheyn.deviantart.com
paranoid_party wrote:
You should def post prices :)

I have an old commission sheet but I am deeply ashamed of it. Maybe I'll post it anyway; it was from a time my tablet wasn't working right so I guess I see the little things others might not.
Iltheyn Topic Starter

I bump, but with doodles.

drake_by_iltheyn-dbc8h7q.jpg

grum_by_iltheyn-dbcab1a.jpg

friends_by_iltheyn-dbccj5u.jpg

kerik_by_iltheyn-dbcqxpt.jpg

Basically all from Raid of Aftbide. I did have some ideas from Rainy Night, though.
Beetlebelle

All the glorious doodles!
*applauds*
Iltheyn Topic Starter

I was thinking about whether to just do it myself or make a bit of a game out of it. I figured others wouldn't really like the game idea much, but its this; so Just Dance has playlists of clips of songs from their game on youtube. I thought it'd be fun to pause on a frame of one of these dances and draw a character that one might see dancing to it posed like that frame. Since I decided to just do it myself, I got a couple done. Amaury (chantaje) and Riagan (automaton).

They're just sketches, nothing impressive or animated (I wish I could animate x_x) but here goes. At least its fun practice?

amaury_dance_by_iltheyn-dbdzy8g.jpg

riagan_dance_by_iltheyn-dbdzzd6.jpg

I don't have too much spare time, what are you talking about
Beetlebelle

Hah! I love the first one; I could totally imagine Amaury gettin' down to some jams.
paranoid_party

Ah those are so fun!! I love it haha
Iltheyn Topic Starter

I hope so because I'm doin' more

It doesn't really have to be from the game, I just find its an easy source of material.

Here's a character Lyssa hasn't made on the site but owns otherwise, Ta'shen (The Fox) and Enthlyi (Wake Me Up)

tammy_dance_by_iltheyn-dbedpjj.jpg

enth_dance_by_iltheyn-dbedpf2.jpg
Beetlebelle

Oh my gosh, awesome! I wanna try this with my characters now too. What a clever Idea :3
Iltheyn Topic Starter

Do you think it would be worth it to post it as a forum game or art thread?

Also I made another, in protest of my partner not waking up from her nap I am following a pattern of 1. my character, drawn and then 2. theirs. So far I got this guy, Noor (Dragostea Din Tei). I think he's the first person I've drawn who hasn't been at least smirking. I'm hoping to draw his counterpart, though idk much about her body type so it'll be difficult.

Noor must always have some kind of beard, for without it he suffers from severe babyface. I initially made him as a sci fi character but nowadays mostly talk about him as a random contemporary rp teacher. Also he's not Romanian but Lithuanian; that's close enough right? (Nope) Also who needs shoes

noor_dance_by_iltheyn-dbee7ah.jpg

edit: I DID IT here's Ella. My protest has been successful. (Mr. Saxobeat)

ella_dance_by_iltheyn-dbeedcy.jpg
paranoid_party

This would DEFINITELY be worth posting as an art thread/forum game. It'd be so cute haha
Beetlebelle

^^^ I agree!
Iltheyn Topic Starter

I will get to making that thread, then. In the meantime I'ma share some more things.

Here's Riagan's latest design. I have no idea what I'm doing but I figured "If his armor is meant to compartmentalize then surely there would be a lot of pieces, right?" Hence all the ridges.

riagan_by_iltheyn-dbeuome.jpg

And an older pic I drew in response to something on facebook a while ago. There was a picture of farm animals hanging out with some kind of punchline. I don't remember what it was but it inspired me to make them d&d characters.

animal_dnd_by_iltheyn-dbeuotk.jpg

Edit: Was working on this before bed. Listened to this melody during it.

tara_ravine_by_iltheyn-dbfdxk9.jpg
Beetlebelle

Whoa, awesome!
(And the D&D farm characters are great! I like the edge-lord goat xD)
Iltheyn Topic Starter

Belated thanks!

Dropping this off before heading to the doc. If all goes well I should be able to reply to our threads when I return. Also yeah that's one of the ideas for her helm that I have. Its a bit of a callback stylistically to one of the designs I gave Tara during my fun in GW2; she was a rebel, and so often kept her face covered.

aftermath_color_by_iltheyn-dbgegvt.jpg
Iltheyn Topic Starter

Trying to start liking my art again and someone implied that I couldn't draw big guys. I looked at my online art and realized I didn't have anyone particularly 'big' in my latest art... so I drew Tara's dad. And I'm pretty happy with it.

fergus_by_iltheyn-dbhz5zu.jpg
Iltheyn Topic Starter

Katja. This ended up kinda just happening. I'd have given her fluted armor but I always imagined her armor wasn't made that way.

katja_by_iltheyn-dbj8p38.jpg
paranoid_party

Tara's dad looks FANTASTIC, and Katja looks like a badass! (no surprise there!)

I'm so jealous of your character creating abilities, you've got serious talent when it comes to art
Iltheyn Topic Starter

Thanks! I wasn't sure what the Knights' logo would be, so I made one up. Couldn't remember if they have one, only know that they have colors. (My memory is pretty much shot.) In retrospect it looks a bit Marxist, which amuses me. I have designs for Tara's family as a whole, I just am not quick to rp them. But her pappy is both the worst of the lot and my favorite character, besides her.

Not evil, just ignorant.
Iltheyn Topic Starter

Had a shot at upgrading my computer to windows 10 but it didn't go well. During that time I somehow managed to sketch this guy, who came out really well.

See more
tumblr_oy3g6ln52M1u7iyfho1_1280.jpg

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Iltheyn's Doodles (and Commission Info)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus