Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Raid of Aftbide (Open)

Tara Faolan (played by Iltheyn) Topic Starter

Tara expected the Knight to rally her men upon hearing the news; she rushed a bit so that she wouldn't be late, though in truth she didn't have any obligation to. So focused on their new worries was she that the warrior didn't even notice that Tom had given up his charade; she had to pack and don armor of her own, after all. Faolan tied her hair into yet another unruly bun and replaced the coif and spectacled helmet upon her head, adjusting it for optimal vision.

For her own sake, during this the warrior took to mumbling several curses in her own tongue. It was possible that Merthyr hadn't actually gone to Aftbide, but with the nonchalance he'd displayed earlier how could she help but anticipate he did?

_

Tye didn't take very well to the rebuttal Marcello provided; there was that noise of him clenching the grip of his dagger, while the thief himself fixed a glower on the albino. It didn't matter that the man couldn't see it, he was still easily angered. "Oh, ye', go ahead n' pretend like there's nothin' wrong with that statement y' little--" He took to using colorful and vulgar words not fit for innocent ears; a lewd joke jabbing at the cambion's race and inflammatory descriptions of his appearance.

"Ah but don't thank me or nothin' fer tryin' to keep th' bandits out yer front yard or anything!" The boy threw his arms up and growled.

_

Kerik was no longer in the festive mood he'd shown earlier. Blood loss and the boy's enchantment had taken their toll; still pale and dispirited, he replied honestly. "Well, no, but I'm going to do it anyway aren't I?" His focus on the orc was lucky, for if he'd looked over at the boy he might have been spooked enough to call out the strangeness taking place just behind the orc.

_

The minotaur pushed his way out of the tavern, careful enough not to bring harm to Atoli but little else. He gave her a sidelong smile, not at all minding this time that she didn't use his title and gave her a beckoning wave; the minotaur wanted to discuss her findings while on the move. "Atoli." He started smoothly, "You're back just in time. We're having a change of plans; come!"
anon (played anonymously)

Lwyncelyne opened her eyes widely at the explanation about Marcelo and wider as she heard all about little Tom, completely taken aback at the revelations. "Oh how horrible" gasped Lwyncelyne ever so pleased to help and unsuspecting of the child's darker side and the danger he posed, she came to search for the boy. "Little one... where are you?" called out Lwyncelyne looking at different tents and those that lived at the camp seeing no child there at all.

---

"As you wish, my lady." Taff replied, bowing at the knight and accepting Katja's order without quibbles. He certainly was not about to protest being left behind and kept out of danger childminding a little orphan and a blind albino, it suited him just perfectly well by comparison to fearsome bandits. He assumed the miliita had a well established camp thus they were as safe as they could get to be. It was only a matter of sitting down patiently and waiting for the warriors to return with the king at some point, hopefully soon. He stood up and went to find Marcelo wondering how the encounter would go

---

Merthyr followed silently taking in the surrounding and considering his options which looked slim for he was completely off course and not even supposed to be there at all. If this was his final stay then he wanted it his way. Once outside the building he yanked his arms free from the thugs grasp, dusting himself as he stopped in the middle of the main town square not about to continue.

"Hold it there!" barked Merthyr out of the blue "Since I am not just a prince... I am the only crown prince of this realm you will address as me as royal highness henceforth... vassal... just like the rest of lowborn like you do. Creature or human, you trod and live on my lands thus you belong to me, peasant...make a better effort to show more respect" spat Merthyr glaring at Grum briefly

"The weapons, the bag, the gold I will dispense of those and allow you to keep them. I feel generous after your charming welcome and festive arrival, such show of unexpected devotion is hard to believe among my bandits. But... the ring, pendant, chain or diary, those are mine and I demand them returned at once, untouched" insisted Merthyr speaking with a stiff upper lip, as pompous as pampered princes could get.

"To compensate your lackings, you are to provide me a manservant, you are to prepare me a bath, you are to ready a comfortable bed for me along with my fresh attire, royal attire, I expect a decent enough meal fit for a lord at least, and tell your riff raff to stop manhandling me, commoners require no less than three paces behind at all times" demanded Merthyr waving his hand disgusted to shoo them away without hesitation. Now that they knew of his highborn position, there was no need to go about with less.

"Clean up this town, it needs far more flowers and banners, your standards are sloppy..." noted Merthyr coming close to stand calmly between Atoli and Grum "Perhaps when you all dangle in ropes for high treason it will compensate for this shortfall too and no ring means no royal pardons so you're out of luck..." rebuffed Merthyr as if he was passing inspection of his troops casually and calmly

He gazed briefly at Atoli surprised such creature even existed but clearly had feminine features about it. "Madamme... whatever you are.... women or chickens have absolutely no place in my presence or royal entourage, best you retire, you're dismissed" advised Merthyr polite but bluntly watching for a reaction.
Katja Sauer (played by paranoid_party)

Katja was really not going to be happy with all these developments. Yet with her focus so driven on finding the prince-- or, the King now, she chalked up the increasing anxiety and worry caused by the demons appearance to her paranoia about the current situation.

She came running out of the tent, headed to her horses where the other Knights had begun to gather.

Drake's smile slowly grew, his amusement bordering on pure mania at the new presence. He turned to look at Tom, "Oh, no wonder such a little one was wandering about the woods!" The orc patted Kerik's face, as if it were a reassurance, but made no move to free his hands from his bindings and instead stepped towards Tom, "You're more than you look, aren't you little one? Human obviously, so what gives?" He gestured to the strange green tendrils; the orc seemed immune to the magic that caused the dread, but with the way the man was it obviously wasn't a shock. He didn't seem hostile just yet, if anything he looked entertained, "Did you make a deal with a devil? A curse perhaps, I know you humans are susceptible to such attacks."

Marcello's face got a little red as Tye went off, and the cambion huffed, "Children shouldn't speak like that! You forget my kind can manipulate not only your thoughts but your actions too, don't make me angry!" He had judged Tye's age based on the way he acted and spoke, though he wasn't much older than him at all. He moved towards Tye slowly, his tail sweeping the ground; it seemed to act as his eyes, feeling for anything he might trip over, "And how should I know you aren't one of those bandits. You are lurking suspiciously close to Lady Katja's camp, and when we tried to call out to you, you ran! That sounds awfully suspicious to me."
Demons (played by Thekaleidoscope)

The child raised an eyebrow before looking turning to Drake, the tendrils curling around his body swirling as he moved to face the Orc. For a few seconds their movement was almost protective in nature, moving closer to Tom before spacing out again. When he then spoke it was in a voice entirely different to the one that had emitted from the child before. Almost feminine in nature yet still as youthful sounding as Tom, it was however indignant. "I'm no curse!" (Z)

"You sort of were, well at least you were when you mind melded with me. Now I could never consider you a curse." (T)

The woman's voice giggled and as she did the tendrils began moving almost playfully . "Aww, your so sweet sometimes." (Z)

The boy grinned, almost distracted in the communication between the two souls. "You know I'd have never survived out there without you. You've earned this many times over." (T)

The eyes focused back on Drake. "Ahem, anyways yes, as I said I'm no curse! I'm a lich who has mind melded with Tom here, we share the same body but with separate personalities. So there!" (Z)

(The z means zafira is talking and t is Tom)
Atoli (played by Beetlebelle)

Atoli was jostled as the minotaur pushed his way past her and followed him outside, too tired to take offense at the contact. But when Merthyr suddenly interposed himself between them and began spouting off into a rant and announced his status, she straightened her back and glared, listening to half of what he said before her temper completely snapped; all weariness replaced with anger.

She flapped her wings twice with precision, buffeting the outrageous man with strong bursts of wind and to cause her to hover above him for a moment. That short hover in the air gave the harpy ample time to display and flex her bird feet at the prince's eye level, each toe had sharp curling talons that seemed to be itching to claw into the pompous man.

When she landed a little ways enough to be out of reach of the man, the harpy’s eyes looked fiery as she glared up at Merthyr. She replied, her voice rang out loud despite her small stature, “A prince huh? You look more like an overdressed mule with how much you bray. There isn’t gonna be ANY crowned prince in this realm soon if you keep spewing your garbage, horse face!” She spat back at him vehemently and wrinkled her nose in a disgusted snarl.

Atoli looked behind the prince now to glance at Grum. Atoli wondered how this man was not tied up and gagged. What in the world was going on?? Whatever may be the situation she would not allow this prince to talk to her as he did.

((Edited for more detail))

Tara noticed the aura as well, but only just so, coming to a similar conclusion to Katja. She hurried out of the tent, armed and armored to return to the knight's side; if there was a plan, she'd rather have some idea of what it was by following their leader.

_

"A CHILD, huh?!" Tye spat, flushed with anger. "Y'got no idea who yer dealin' with, snowball! I've killed sods twice yer size an' worth!" The thief rose to the cambion's challenge, stepping toward him as well. "I'm no' one o' them bottom feeders; they's cowards who'll run at the sight of anyone their size!" He straightened and withdrew his buckler from its hook on his belt, his other hand securely wrapped around the handle of his scimitar. "Y' want to know why I hid? Because I'm not stupid, that's why! I don't deal with snobs. I wanted t' figure out whether gettin' in the camp would be smart in th' first place; I'm no' gonna sit an' wait while some knights accuse me of somethin' I didn't do." It wasn't clear but perhaps he was referring to the presence of the king earlier?

_

Kerik was complacent to Drake's massive hand smothering his face; his expression didn't change much when he saw Tom either. The man did grimace, somewhat, but left the talking to the free.

_

Grum turned when the king pulled himself free of his brigands, initially scowling in displeasure when the man's rant began. As he went on, though the minotaur started laughing. He held up the royal seal and asked, "Aww, is baby looking for his milk?" The chieftain laughed again as Atoli buffeted him and moved to try and grab Merthyr around the throat with one hand. "That's good stuff, Atoli, but I don't think he heard you! You might want to try a bit harder to get your point across!"

If successful in grabbing the king he'd turn the man to face the harpy, hoping that she would do as he'd suggested.

Taff found Tom in the tent, closing the flapped doors as he quickly made his way in, knowing he had not much time to play with. At first he stood wide eyed to see such creatures, for real, creatures which he had only read about in his hidden books. He glanced at Drake then the little somewhat repulsive creature but plucked up courage and composed himself. "Sorry, sir... orc..., I must speak with the boy" explained Taff coming straight to Tom and lowering to kneel and be at the boy's height, talking one sorcerer to another without revealing himself.

"I don't know your name, I don't know why you are here, what you seek, need or like, so I'm not sure what I can offer you in return, if anything at all. I know that you're a lich and that you command sorcery so I beg that you change form and return to your child-like features for the time being. See... out there, my friend lady Lwyncelyne has been tasked in finding you and tending to your needs. It were better for her she doesn't know your true self. Can you endure being the boy she seeks, at least for now? Come nightfall when she sleeps, you and I shall meet up again and become more acquainted, perhaps come to an understanding... what say you? Can you do this for me, please?" requested Taff, Lwyncelyne at the other side of the camp so far from them at that point. Taff could cast a spell to change the boy's appearance but he was not going to, it were better to let the creature decide for himself, worse case he would relieve Lwyncelyne from the given task and forget about the boy altogether.

---

Merthyr let Grum's grasp seize him and was made to face Atoli, though he ensured to keep his chin up to be free to talk albeit with some difficulty. He made no gesture to grab any of the nearby weaponry that Grum sported, the tempation there as it was easy to snatch for a well trained thief. It hanged in his belt less than an arm's length away. He could grab his daggers whilst Grum was busy with his upper body, but not yet, he had to think his move well, for now talking was the safest option

"If you don't comply to my demands I'll refuse yours too. Maybe you'll kill me but your loss is greater than mine. Dead men don't talk so I'll take my knowledge to the grave, besides, I'm only valuable to you, alive and whole. A royal corpse won't get you any ransom, if anything it'll up your chances of getting killed since more hunters will be after your guts out of greed at the higher bounty. In the end all you'll get is another rotting body and the items which will have no value once I've passed away for they would have lost their purpose. Good for nothing bar melted for gold and not that much of it either" countered Merthyr reasonably

"Negotiate with me on reasonable terms else you'll be stuck in this mud pit for the rest of your short days with naught but the petty gold I brought for consolation, your chance of wealth gone for good" warned Merthyr taking into account Grum's comments in the tavern.

"This wild bird-woman here though is excluded from my presence and talks... I have no dealings with females" remarked Merthyr as he pursed his lips looking up at Atoli and examining the somewhat fascinating if menacing creature, sure to write about that in his book if he got it back or the new one if it came to that

((editted to tease Atoli a little more))

((Let me know if this is too god-moding and I’ll change it))

Atoli looked to Grum, surprised at the allowance. She took the opportunity gladly and flew at Merthyr’s head, landing on his shoulders. The harpy’s feet gripped onto him tightly, likely puncturing through his clothing as she perched there with intentions to cause the man pain. And with one clawed hand she jerked his head back by his hair so he would be forced to look up at her. She ignored the sting from her back from where she had collided with the branch from her tumble before. This was an opportunity that she wouldn't likely get in a long time and wished to make good use of it.

Me? Excluded? Oh… if you think your position entitles you to make such demands and that you’re safe from harm here, you are sorely mistaken.” She hissed at him, close to his face. “And you don’t have to be dead to not talk…do ya?” She spoke in a low confidential tone now. “It would be a simple matter to cut that silver tongue out. I wonder if your kingdom would care about you once you become damaged goods. By your attitude I bet we’d be doin’ them a favor…” Atoli mused, her other hand came up and clutched at his jaw. Her claws digging into his flesh to try to force his mouth open as if she intended to do just what she mentioned.

Her men were gathered together now, and Katja cast a nervous glance to Tara, "I am truly glad you've decided to accompany us, Lady Tara. I had a horse prepared for you, we should head out as soon as possible."

Katja's horse was a beautiful grey Waler horse, wearing dark armor similar to hers. If one bothered to notice, the two nearly matched; Katja was keen on appearances, it seemed. She slid her helmet on but kept her visor flipped up, the shadows it cast masking her weary appearance. With the way her battle armor was, it hid her feminine curves, and if it weren't for her open visor, she could easily be taken for a man beneath all that metal. She mounted her horse, patting the steed with a prideful smile, and then gestured to the horse beside hers; a black thoroughbred, wearing armor almost identical to the others, "Of course, if you'd rather not ride a horse, you may ride on the back of mine until we enter Aftbide."

Drake frowned at this new intruder, "What, now Katja lets flowery sods join our group?" He huffed, obviously irritated at the interruption he faced, "You know what, whatever. I have work to do." Growling, Drake made his way out of the tent to join the other Knights, seizing his hammer from his tent as he made his way there.

He made his way to Katja; too big to ride a horse, Drake didn't have many options for travel, but he was surprisingly good at running, and would often follow on foot with the rouges that travelled alongside them.

((He called him snowball I'm dead))

"Snowball?!" Now Marcello looked personally offended, "Hey, some people view this skin as a blessing, little human!" HE clutched his staff tighter at the nearing threat,his wings slowly beginning to unfold as Tye approached- similar to Atoli, he was puffing himself up to look bigger, staking his claim, "Put your weapons down, human. I have no intentions of fighting a small creature such as yourself." There was that wry smile, and once again his appearance was oddly enchanting, but probably infuriating at the same time; he was playing with Tye, as was common for his kind. Toying with mortals was something Marcello had great experience in, though it had been a while since he had done even this much.

The sight of the new appearance caused the tendrils to wrap protectively around the little body, growing slightly in number as the man grew closer. A frown growing across the child's features as the two listened to the words being spoken to them. "Let's get one thing straight, human that this is still certainly a child, the lich is me." Her reply was filled with indignance. (Z)

Tom nodded, "She is mind melded with me, we are one entity with two souls and the thoughts of both. So I am always enduring being this boy as you so put it, as I am that boy. I've always been that boy and always will be." (T) He put great stress on the word enduring as if the word itself was offensive to him.

"I don't think of it as an endurance either being within Tom's body. It's very pleasant here! Besides we have no idea who you are or any reason to trust you. Why should we do or follow anything you say?"

"You flatter me. Thank you for this." The warrior replied, trying her best to curb her own enthusiasm. She expected that her time with the steed would only be for as long as the knights wished but was excited anyway. She gave Katja a bow to further denote her gratitude and then moved toward the black horse, cautious since the beast was unfamiliar to her. Still, she didn't waste much time acquainting with it before climbing on; matters were urgent, after all. "I will ride, but thank you."

Riding was not a skill the warrior learned in her youth-- living half of one's life on a fishing boat didn't grant much need for it-- but since she had learned during her early adventures, remembering how to ride was not so difficult.

Drake's reappearance was noted by Faolan; she offered him a small, 'hello' once he was near Katja.

_

Kerik didn't expect Drake would leave without him; the bandit was almost tempted to call after him but figured between the strange newcomer and the lich boy that it might be a bad idea. He only half-listened to their conversation, waiting for when it seemed like most of the militiamen were rallied. Then he turned his attention back to Tom, wondering if he and Zafira would honor their promise. The brigand didn't want to bring his ideas of escape up to Taff or the doctor so he kept quiet otherwise.

_

(It gets better.)

The thief seemed all the angrier as Marcello spread his wings; the span of them made his apparent size impressive but Tye knew that the skin between them was just that; skin. The worst part of it was that this cambion thought he wouldn't be wise to the magic at play there. "Y'wanna call me small again, eggshell? Y' wanna tempt me?!" Although he spoke aggressively he put his dagger away, returning his buckler to his belt.

He walked close-- very close, glowering up at the albino man. "Ye're goin' t' regret this." Then the thief tried to grab Marcello's head, his hand on either side of the cambion's face, and force him into a french kiss. Despite the allure, Tye was doing this purely out of spite; his own type of revenge for enduring Esposito's magic.

_

Grum paid little heed to the king; he knew that it would be unnecessarily costly to kill the lad as soon as he'd caught him but still found the idea of Atoli harming him too amusing to stop. He laughed off the man's words of warning, "Do you still think you're being held by some other lord?" The minotaur asked harshly.

The chieftain allowed the harpy to do what she desired, only raising his other hand to signal her to leave his tongue intact when she was trying to pry open his mouth. "Just for that, I'm tempted to have her ask all the questions! Hah! You're right harpy, the silence would be an improvement but we can't get the full ransom that way." It almost sounded as if the beast had a sense of honor; he didn't, rather only taking care of what he saw as a possession.

"But seeing as he's too much of a package for my human scoundrels, I'll just have to handle it myself!" Grum followed those words with trying to pick up Merthyr and pin his arms to his sides between his own (in a big, unfriendly hug.)

"Look, okay, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to put it that way. But you are not just a human boy and you don't look it either, right now, your outter appearance shows differently. All I wanted to ask is that you conceal your... unusual... features, like these tendrils, for the time being. See... we've been asked by lady Katja to watch over you and some blind albino who is here somewhere and your present look is most unsettling. It would make our task less... uncomfortable... if you could please hide that for a while. It won't be forever though, I certainly don't plan to stay at the camp a minute longer than needed. As for who I am, I'm Taff... a servant who follows orders so... if doing lady Katja's command of taking care of you is not good enough a reason then I cannot give you another for you to comply to my request" pointed out Taff honest in his voice.

---

When Atoli landed on him unexpectedly, not knowing what the beast was or how it reacted, Merthyr gasped in pain not assuming he would end up having to support her briefly and all. The harpy dug into his clothes and flesh, causing him to issue a loud painful gasp and take a deeper breath, quickly pursing his lips tightly at the threat of her cutting out his tongue. His head was tugged back forcefully which made him look up at the creature, leaving his clenched teeth displayed for inspection like the slaves he'd seen sold at the markets, rather humiliating if not sore.

As Grum started to approach so attentive with his arms wide open, focused on trying to hug him for all the wrong reasons, Merthyr knew it was his cue. "No please, no maiming..." quipped Merthyr taking a couple of steps back as if to retreat from her fearfully and into Grum.

He purposely made himself trip with his own foot, appearing as if he were clumsy, but was in fact a well calculated move to crash very closely to the large beast yet too low in level to be grasped, chances were Grum would likely catch Atoli, if that. During the fall he waved his arms wildly as if to find support "whao whoa whoa watch out!" shouted aloud all the more distracting. As he fell back with force, his palms flicked backwards for all but a few expertly timed moments to grab and yank his things firmly. One hand clutched the travel bag that held his belongings, the other hand seized one of his daggers

With his prized possession tightly held, he scurried away from the pair by rolling sideways along the floor like a log. If thieving had taught him any survival skills now was the time to use them. He ended up somewhat dirty but it didnt matter, he had to leave and fast.

Merthyr broke into a run quickly, after all he was prepared and expecting the fall. He sprinted between the houses and alleyways, using his dagger to slice a brigand's throat, who came to stand in his way. The man dropped dead before he could blink, the quick move proving Merthyr had the skilled hands of an assassin. The forest stood so close ahead that made him draw a smile. However, not all went to plan, as he glanced back briefly to try to locate his captors, he saw a guard emerge from the tavern, dragging one of the miserable villagers out of the building, sword to the woman's throat. They were not close, but the ruffian stood directly in his line of sight. He didn't say a thing, he didn't need to say a thing, her look of fear... his look of a cold murderer... his twisted smirk said it all.

"Damn it... Always them women..." complained Merthyr cursing his higher morals as he returned to the main square, back to Grum, dropping the bag of belongings to one side and dropping the dagger with lips pursed to his other side. He knelt at Grum's feet, arms raised behind the head in surrender. His eyes glanced sideways watching the woman return inside unharmed, quickly followed by the guard chuckling. Merthyr ducked the head to stare at the ground resigned and silent

Atoli’s looked down at the prince coldly before her gaze shot to Grum to read his hand signal. She looked back to Merthyr and smiled, “Mmm… Or perhaps an eye instead?” and released her hold of his jaw to slowly bring her hand above one of his eye sockets and hover there; her claws pointed down in a circular formation as if she wished to simply pluck it out. She enjoyed the pained look on his face, any other expression was better than his spoiled stare.

But when Grum began to move towards them with his arms out she released her hold on him, and as the prince began to trip backward Atoli released her grasp on him completely and flapped away to avoid falling with him. She watched from above as the whole situation went down, and blinked when the prince managed to weasel away from the minotaur, and break into a run down the street. Naturally the harpy followed him, easily following the human from afar in the sky. She made no attempt at tripping him up just yet, and was curious to see where he might scamper off to.

Atoli tilted her head when he seemed at war with himself for a moment, and noticed that not far away a bandit was threatening a woman from the pub. Much to her surprise he gave himself up, and for a commoner at that! Atoli glided back down and scooped up the dropped bag curiously before settling on a rooftop close by. “Well that was silly… have a good run around the block?” She chided down at him and rustled through his belongings.

Drake offered only a glare and a small grunt in response, turning to look at Katja, "Are you sure it's even a good idea to bring her with?"

"Drake we need as many as we can get." Katja spoke firmly, as an archer hopped up onto the back of her horse; She grinned to Tara, then glanced backwards, "The crown prince has wandered into Aftbide! It's out job to secure his saftey, handle any bandits, and in the process snuff out their leader! There are villagers, be wary of who you're fighting!" Her voice was surprisingly loud, but that was expected as a leader; she projected well across the group, and there was a ringing of "Yes Sir"s and "Yes Lady Katja"s and a few, "damn nobles" scattered about. She turned forward again, clicking her tongue; in response, her horse started in a slow trot, working up speed, and once they had exited the tents, broke into a full gallop as they moved towards the road to Aftbide.

"E-Eggshell?! I ought to throw you into a high tree you scrappy imp, you've got no---" When he felt the hands on his face he seized up, but there was little the blind young man could do when Tye kissed him. He froze up where he stood, his eyes big and wide. His tail spasmed for a moment, and his mind was quickly trying to figure out what was going on (though it damn well knew what was going on, it was trying to deny it).

And then he snapped back to reality, bringing his wooden staff down onto Tye's head before shoving him backwards, and stumbling away himself. He looked visibly shaken, but more than that, Marcello looked angry. He glared at him, his grip on the staff tightening as his tail raised off the ground slightly, "You have no clue what you're messing with, brat. I suggest you leave." He looked like he was about to pounce, the way the muscles in his legs were tensed up, but judging on his rigid movement, he was trying to control himself.

Lwyncelyne had briefly given up looking for the the blind albino demon and the orphaned boy within the camp, expecting to find the pair hurdled together fearfully after the trauma yet this had not been the case so far. When she started searching the surrounding area, she wandered outside the circle in time to catch what, in her eyes, appeared to be the very romantic encounter between Tye and Marcello. She uncomfortably looked down and ducked her head in a visible deep blush at what she felt was her rude interruption at the worse possible moment. She covered her eyes with the palm of her hand, out of decency, and coughed louder to get the pair's attentions unsure if they had been intending to do more as a bickering pair of lovers by the looks of it.

"Excuse me... sirs.... I'm lady Lwyncelyne Beltaine. The lady Katja requested that I keep you both company in her absence so... when you're not so ... personally involved... with one another... perhaps we might introduce each other properly and go back inside the camp? We have tents in there too if you need privacy..." half stammered Lwyncelyne having expected a helpless young child and a frail albino demon yet stumbled into an imposing beastly albino apparently in heat... or so it seemed... and a very keen, engaged young lad.

Then again, thinking about it carefully, lady Katja did state that the demon was very friendly and the young lad very daring too so it was not difficult to put two and two together, that these two were the ones she was meant to find in the first place. Perhaps Katja has just been politely implying their closer relationship and, she had failed to grasp at the time, what was now clearly evident. Maybe the albino demon had just pushed the lad away because of sensing her intrusion, making her feel all the worse for it.

"I trust I wasnt interrupting much... Perhaps I could come back later for you two, in a little while, so you can compose yourselves. At least now I know where to find you... right?" apologized and offered the woman stammering and utterly embarrassed having been taken by surprise at the unexpected scene. She understood that they needed love and close contact after such terrible losses so she would make Taff aware of this turn of events to ensure they were given privacy. Seems the protectress and doting motherly role she was looking to provide was not needed at all after all and she had gotten it all wrong

Tom looked thoughtful for a second before turning away, his fingers stretching out to caress one of the tendrils. The strand of dark energy curling gently around his outstretched fingers. "You know, it must be nice not have 'features' you have to hide all the time because it makes others uncomfortable or fear you. See you try to be nice but you can't hide it, the subtle hints to the unsettling nature of our appearance."

A few more tendrils sprouted, then a few more, until the area surrounding Tom was awash with the dark spiralling mass. Slowly but surely hiding the young child from the gaze of anyone on the outside. Then in a voice which was the two speaking as one. "Please stay away, we have no wish to communicate further with you!"

inside Zafira was applauding Tom. "impressive, your power is growing, almost to my level when I ... Well had a body."

Tom's pshyche nodded sadly "Its great but both you and I know my body won't take much more, the powers to great for such a young body."

"Shall we catylise an evolution then, grow you into a body that can handle the full power of a lich?"

"You never spoke a better set of words, I'm tired of my body anyway. Far too vulnerable. So let's make a better one, a stronger one."

With the silent conversation closing on an agreement, all of the tendrils snapped inwards. Wrapping themselves tightly around the area where Tom should be and covering it. Obscuring anything on the inside of seething mass apart from a deep purple glow which started faint but slowly grew in momentum till it was almost blindingly bright.

Tara shrugged at Drake's question before Katja replied. When she did, the warrior grinned back at the knight; at least as far as she could tell the two women were getting along quite well. It had been a while since she felt that; an especially impressive feat, considering that their introductions were far from it. She waited as Sauer explained the situation to her militia while absently patting her horse's neck.

Unobliged to reply but aware of the danger, she mimicked the knight's clicking signal to her steed, figuring that the black horse would follow similar cues. To be certain she simultaneously pressed her heels against its sides; a gesture learned from earlier experience communicating the will to move to the beast. It nickered and set off with the other horses, obeying the following cues to canter and gallop.

_

Tye was merciless in his execution but proved vulnerable as the staff cracked against his head; he was pushed away easily, tripping and falling on his behind. He blinked rapidly and tried to focus on the angered cambion, delayed in registering his words but quick to grin once he understood. The aggressive energy Marcello possessed seemed contageous but translated into excitement for the thief. He pulled himself to his feet and stared fearlessly at the man, actually grinning for once, if maliciously.

"Y' goin' t' act scary now?" He asked falsely; then the boy laughed, coarse and loudly at the other man's expense. It was not long ago that the blind man was tripping and stammering.

Then Lwyncelyne showed up. Tye looked over, simple curiosity growing into downright confusion as she went on about the two's 'relationship'. When she offered to return later the thief was once again amused, continuing to laugh. "He jus' smacked me with 'is walkin' stick and threatened me; you think we're just ducky anyway don't you?!"

_

Kerik remained passive in his cot until the boy began to transform; the flare of light caused the bandit to shut his eyes and turn his head, sputtering a bit in pain. He swore; this was getting too crazy for the brigand to tolerate, but there wasn't any way out of it.

_

Grum watched as Merthyr ran and killed one of his men; though the minotaur looked on patiently as the king started walking back his blood boiled. He would pay for that. He didn't bother to open his arms anymore, simply grabbing the human by his shoulder and roughly pulling him in the direction of the prison. The chieftain had no words for him yet, simply snorting and growling irritably.

"Atoli!" The minotaur pulled a ring from his horn and tossed it toward her, hoping that the harpy would catch it. "Tell the others to reinforce the village's borders! No more relaxing! We will march on the militia's camp soon!" He realized that the harpy hadn't told him the location yet but he trusted she knew; that, and throwing the king in a cell would take little time.

Taff shrugged his shoulders and became quiet, nothing more to say. They made it clear they did not want further communication with him and he was not going to impose. Instead he resorted to sitting down boredly, chin resting on his palm and elbow pressed against his knee to keep Kerik company for lack of anything else to do whilst waiting for Katja's and the king's return.

He slouched back on Drake's empty stool, at first watching boredly then becoming more attentive at the purple glowing light and the denser mass. Being a warlock himself he knew all about sorcery, about the conjuring of these spells that mages used to become a lich but from knowing to actually seeing it happen before his very eyes, that was an entirely different matter, one that fascinated him too, perhaps one day he would be free to follow those same steps when the king no longer needed his services, so he looked on in wonder, narrowing his eyes briefly at the blast of brighter light that shone, awaiting the changes expectant if silent, without showing an open interest or engaging Tom in any way, after all he had been warned to keep distance, thus he often lowered his sight and kept it downcast when it was over.

It would have been a refreshing change to have been able to calmly sit down in a friendly manner and openly discuss magic but seemed it wouldn't be the case even at this camp, at least for the foreseeable future, besides it were better people mistook him for a clumsy fool or a cowardly servant than feared him as a powerful warlock, more so with his proximity to royalty and the current ban on magic.

---

"Honestly... no need change behaviour because of my presence. I fully understand you need each other, lady Katja already explained it all. You can stop the bravado, no need to pretend" smiled Lwyncelyne "Now then, sirs, would you care to come back inside? The both of you? It's not very safe to be out here in the open after all" pointed out Lwyncelyne "What would lady Katja say if any harm were to befall you? For everyone's sake, please step back inside the circle, we can talk more afterwards" insisted Lwyncelyne

----

"You should have warned me that the villagers were at stake" murmured Merthyr softly letting Grum take him to the jail and do as he saw fit. He was not about to refuse any more or try another move now that he knew for certain that the innocent villagers would be made to pay for it.

"Please, my lady... be careful... some of these items are of great value to me" asked Merthyr honest, humble and politely as he passed Atoli, the attitude as submissive as it would get to be.

Atoli looked up when her name was called, and managed to catch the ring expertly in one hand before calling back to him, “Aye, will do Chief!” She was about to leave until Merthyr’s request gave her pause. Her brows shot up in disbelief as she grinned gleefully at him now; thinking how that was a terrible thing to say to one who wished him misery.

“Oh… really?” Atoli replied in a sweet voice and hugged the bag tightly, thinking of ways to mutilate its contents. “I will take great care of your precious things…promise.

She smirked and flew off to notify the bandits of Grum’s orders. It didn’t take long for the flighty creature to make a sweep of the town and alert most of the bandits, and wave around the chieftain’s horn ring as proof of the order.

She carried the prince’s bag on her back, having not yet decided what was to be done with the items; maybe burn them? Throw them in the well? So many options were available to the harpy. She decided she would have a more thorough look through the bag once she got to the jailing area and meet back up with Grum. When Xochi got there she deftly sat on the stone ledge wall of the building within easy sight of the entryway; waiting for the chieftain.

The light continued to build, growing in strength till it would hurt to look directly at it. The mass of tendrils writhing and shuddering, then it al stopped. The tendrils moved no more. The light stopped growing. Silence reigned, almost like the mass was sucking in all noise. Then it exploded.

Tendrils were blown everywhere, dissolving as they soared through the sky. Purple fire sprayed outwards, coating the nearby ground in a burning blanket. Then from the middle of the small crater at the heart of the explosion arose a figure, much larger than the little child which had stood there just moments before.

The figure that stood there had most of the appearance of a human, yet a few features denoted that they were not entirely of the human race. Most strikingly was the hair which had the appearance of a lilac flame, the eyes too here not human, two full pupils of glowing emerald.

Tom looked down at the new body, checking every part of it. "Legs! I still have two, alright that's good. Hands? Four fingers and a thumb? Whew, that makes things easier. Oooh cool, my veins are glowing softly! Wait! Hair? do I still have hair? I do and it feels almost like fire? That's amazing! I'll have to check colour later."

The clothing too was radically different. Very little covered the chest apart from white linen which wrapped itself around the upper torso. On the legs were a pair of slightly ripped trousers, the overall appearance would make any attempt to ascertain the gender fail completely.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Raid of Aftbide (Open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus