Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Deceitful Shadow

Rin Setsuna (played by KansasVenomoth) Topic Starter

"I enjoy fruits and meats mostly... I don't have any real preference when it comes to either." Rin responded with a smile. He enjoyed just about any kind of food, but fruits and meats were his overall favorites, the juicier, the better.
Lilith (played by LonelyLittleGirl)

Lilith smiles happily.
"Alright, will do." She looks back at the lake.
"So, why did you drink from the lake in the first place?"

"My foolish curiosity got the better of me... My parents had warned me not to touch it, and I did..." Rin responded with a sigh, "I did something stupid and paid the price for it. Since that day, I've taken to warding off foolish humans who would dare seek immortality."

Lilith leans over and softly bumps his side with an elbow. "Cheer up, at least you get to do anything you want within the area." She says, hopeful to cheer him up a bit.

Rin shrugged, "I suppose it is rather quiet here...and watching the people squirm is quite amusing, I must admit." He chuckled softly, "You're...a dragon, aren't you?"

Lilith looks at him and nods. "Yes, I am a dragon. Why do you ask?" She tilts her head softly as she looks at him.

"I've never seen one before...in all the years I've been alive, you're the first one I've seen." Rin admitted, smiling a bit. "I always assumed they'd be...scarier though. You're really cute, so I just wasn't expecting that..."

Lilith chuckles. "I'm not in my dragon form either though, but I don't consider myself to be an ugly dragon." She smiles at him. Her cheeks heating up into a faint blush at being called cute.

(Bump)

"So you're capable of transforming? How curious..." Rin responded with a hint of curiosity in his eyes. Being stuck in a forest for two millennium certainly doesn't do him much favors to satisfy his immense curiosity nor does it help him in the flirting department.

Lilith smiles at him. "Well, yes."
She decided to attempt to flirt. "You sure are bone-chilling. Having them tentacle shadows." She giggles softly and wiggles her fingers.
"They're cool." She says as she looks at him.

Rin laughed a bit, "It seems we're both rather terrible at flirting, eh?" He sighed and shook his head, though he had appreciated the attempt. "Care to check out a few areas of the forest?"

Lilith nods.
"Sure, doesn't seem like there isn't much else to do here." She smiles at him softly, before she moves to stand up, extending a hand out to him to help him stand up.

Rin accepted her hand and stood up, "Over the years, I've collected things from people I've killed." He spoke softly, heading towards a small cave near the lake. In the cave were various trinkets from ancient Native American spears to Confederate muskets along as some more modern objects such as music players and flashlights. "I suppose I got a bit of a hoarding problem, but I figured I might as well keep things as keepsakes, y'know?"

Lilith gazes around at the trinkets curiously. "I don't blame you, I am a dragon who hordes gold after all." She chuckes softly.
Before she began thinking. Turning to him she tilts her head slightly. "Am I the only person who didn't come here to get immortality?" She asks, curious to know because there was a lot here.

"As far as I'm aware, yes... Most people I've killed was because they had ill intentions. Many came here for fame and fortune, political progressions, and some for power." Rin explained with a slight sigh. "The lake itself is vital to the existence of the forest. Everything in these woods are connected as a large, single organism."

Lilith looks up at him, "That's amazing... But what would happen to you... If that lake dried up?" She looks up at him, looking a little concerned.

She wouldn't admit it aloud, but she liked him. More than she probably should for just meeting him.

"I would likely perish as would the rest of the forest. The water is what keeps the forest lush and green." Rin explained, sitting against the cave walls. "This is also why I guard the lake so fiercely, the forest is the last place free of human destruction. Everyone who drinks the water is also connected to the forest and will likely be unable to leave."

"That's... Terrible..." She said a bit sadly as she looks at him. A small shiver runnig through her at the thought of coming back here with his request of food, to find him and the forest completely gone.
It was a sad thought, one she didn't like.
"Is there a way to possibly undo the curse of immortality." She sits down on the ground against the cave wall opposite of him.

Rin simply shrugged in response, "If there is a way, I am not aware of the method. But, perhaps this is divine punishment for my past transgressions." He responded with a sigh, "I'm just glad I was able to meet someone that was of a genuinely good character."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Deceitful Shadow

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus