Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Time Away

Witness

A week from next Monday, I'll be going back to school; that means that Monday and Wednesday, outside of a few hours in the morning (8-10 AM Pacific), will be out for me. Otherwise, my days won't be changing too terribly much, that I know of anyway, but if I find work soon, then my schedule will sort of be up in the air. On top of that, I'm out of town from Tuesday to Thursday next week for a trip, and I won't have internet at all.

More importantly, I'm also taking some time away from RPR and Skype. It seems like I spend my days at my computer, watching YouTube videos and browsing random stuff for hours on end, just waiting on posts from or conversations with people who have their own constrained schedules and their own problems on their plate. I can find much better ways to spend my time, and anyway, getting away from things will mean that I won't have the temptation to keep bugging said people about posts or conversation :)

I'll be back, eventually, and I'll still be managing the Fallout RP group, but outside of that, I doubt very much that I'll be replying to anything else that I'm in anytime soon. I apologize for the inconvenience, but I simply need a new direction to go in for now. When I return, I'll be sure to post an update here.
Awww, we're gonna miss you Witness. Um, by the way, I haven't forgotten about the Latin. I'm just in the middle of preparing for classes to start in the next two weeks--and meetings are going to happen all next week to get us on board with the current faculty. (Yay!) Once things settle down, though, I should be able to toss some of my materials your way...just a thought.

Hope you enjoy your detox and good luck with the job search! (They're out there, you just gotta pry.) And of course, good luck with school!
Sanne Moderator

I'm going to miss you big time. :(
Witness Topic Starter

So, as my presence in chat and elsewhere on the site has shown how much of a busman's holiday my supposed "hiatus" of before really was. However, with school starting up, I really am taking a hiatus :/ I'll need extra time on my days off to work on homework, as well as do other things, so I'll see all of you when I see all of you.
Heh, I hadn't bothered replying as you announced your little break. However I'll do it and you can get to it when you get a chance. Real life stuff sucks a lot of the time mine is still all **cked up still too.
Witness Topic Starter

Well, with my first week of school finished, I think that I can make my schedule work after all. Disregard all messages by me on this thread that aren't this one ;) Homework is surprisingly light for two philosophy classes and a math class, so I should be able to do...well, whatever it is that I do around here. RP? Yeah, let's go with that.
Cue two weeks later, where I stop by to find you in the fetal position under your bed, muttering nigh-incomprehensible jibberish about homework-overload...

Erm, I mean, that's great to hear, buddy! It'll be nice to see you around again! :D
Kim Site Admin

Glad to see you will be around some. :) We like you! But finding the balance between digital and meat-based time is great too.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Time Away

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus