Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Minerva enters the new millenium!

Minerva

Well you heard of my phonestruggles. Our old one died. And as we are no longer bums, I got a smartphone. Home internet is still pending but this is a major step forward. Rpr looks right!

So from the phone I'll be able to do awesome stuff... like LINEBREAKS. And of course messengers 'and pwhatnot. Though I think I'll keep facebook as my primary contact from. Sheer habit now.
Which type of phone did you get?
Kim Site Admin

YAAAY! This is great news for the admins of the world, too. XD Congrats! I recently upgraded to an android from an old, completely no-internets phone and it's stunning what a difference it makes.
Minerva Topic Starter

It's just an LG Optimus Q, another of the straight talk phones. Oh goodness there's no end to the difference it makes. Still finding out. The keyboard is so much larger too. Oddly its made it a little harder on me because I'm so used to the old one, the size increase feels awkward, but I'll adjust.
I love my Droid! I just upgraded from a Droid X2 to a Droid Razor Maxx, and I love it!!
Congrats to all you with your phone upgrades! Me. I'm still chugging along on my old iPhone (Yay in house wi-fi) and hopefully here inabout the next week or two I'll be able to add a laptop to my arsenal of things to access RPR with. Lol.
Minerva Topic Starter

right now I'm using tethering to access RPR with my laptop. September 4th I'll get a real connection. The service we wanted hit a snag because the last tenant didn't cancel their service. Something about a remaining balance and contract, can't disconnect him till then.
The phone tether thing is the only real option for me. I CAN do it from the phone but it's down right atrocious. Plus, it's mobile which is sort of a must for my lifestyle.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Minerva enters the new millenium!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus