Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Refuge in the Stars (1x1)

Xil (played by zenfey) Topic Starter

"I will if I have to," he said, righting himself. "What's ot there? I can fight." He said, gesturing to his rifle. His hands were itching for the trigger and the rush of battle, though he knew this wasn't really a time for sniping. The sight of the gun made him stand his antenna up and straighten his back, which was hard to do with his uneven footing.
"No way in hell are we fighting. What we're doing is getting the hell out of dodge" she handed him his rifle and caught the keys mid air as Bill returned tossing them.

"Are they near here?" Bill asked hurridly

"No, still back by the crash but they'll try snd track me. I made sure I lost them before coming back here. " she turned her eyes to XIl "lets go, my ships not far" she moved quickly to the back of the house opening the backdoor for Xil to leave

Xil got through the door as fast he could. He had quite a noticeable limp and his leg still ached where what was left of his flesh leg met the robotic one. He wasn't used to running from a fight, although he had done it with a wounded soldier in his arms or over his back, but the only (potentially) wounded one present was Mari and he doubted she would appreciate being carried over his shoulders and held like a goat. He slung the rifle expertly over his back and relished in the feeling of carrying the weapon, even though he wouldn't be using it. He had a sudden thought that he might enjoy being an assassin.
"Which way?" He asked Marinelli, looking up at her. He looked at the blood on her shirt and wasn't sure if it was hers or someone else's, but either way, the matter could wait, and all the better if it wasn't hers.
"Into the woods! About fifty yards out. My ships waiting" she slung her bag tighter around her shoulderd as the sound of barking dogs and yelling echoed through the woods.

"Nellie!" Bill called stepping in the doorway following her out. The two paused and looked at one another and though for a moment nothing was said a conversation seemed to be happening that they could understand without talking

"Don't get caught" he said finally his tone hinting that there was more in those words.

"Never do" she replied quietly her voice strangely lacking its udual sarcastic arrogance

"Liar" he replied

She smirked a little at that and without another word took off in step with Xil "we should he able to take off right away, Bill keeps her running for me"

Xil started off into the woods but waited for Marinelli when she didn't move. He watched the exchange, confused. Humans are weird, he thought, and then he began to move as she started to run. He nodded in reply to her woods and kept moving as fast as he could.
She led him through the short patch of woods and stopped suddendly though there was nothing to be seen in the large clearing. The metal plate over her robotic palm lifted and moved to the side revealing a button in her hand. Pressing it the air in front of them seemednto ripple and shimner and the cloaking device disengaged revaling an obviously nice and most likely stolen space craft. There was a ladder hanging down from its belly and Marinelli approached it taking her bag off and tossing it inside the ship she looked over in the direction of the barking and shouting, there was the sound of something cutting through the air and she ducked as a bullet just missed her and embedded itself into the ladder

"Move! Now!"

Xil jumped up the ladder behind her, the feeling of being shot at almost verging on nostalgia. He hadn't fled his station to get away from the fighting, rather than to get away from being in the military. He'd hated being bossed around by officers and commanders who weren't fit for their position, which was why he'd loved being a sniper so much; he'd been given freedom, so long as he downed as many high ranking enemies as he could. He was torn when he'd been shot in the shoulder and declared unable to participate in the sniper unit.
Marinelli lept up behind him pulling thr leadder up and slamming thr door shut she moved quickly to the cockpit sitting down in a large chsir overlooking a massively complicated control system "can you fly? And understand Merian?" She asked as a strange languagr popped uo across the screens as she flipped switches and pressed buttons

"I can't fly, bot I can anderstand the basics of Merian," he said. "What're they chasing os for?" He looked out the window of the ship and saw some dogs race into the clearing. He limped over to another chair in the cockpit and sat down, feeling small next to the control system.
"Alright then i'll just tell you what buttons to push" dhe said around gritted teeth looking morr annoyed then afraid she began typing on a screen pushing buttons and flipping switches the door they had entered the ship from closed with a mechanical whir and the ship began to vibrate as it woke up and prepared to take off "earth doesn't take kindly to Aliens, you were fuked the moment your ship entered the atmosphere" she didn't even spare their persurers a passing glance "see the button with the word for thrusters on it? Press it when i tell you" she said guestering to the odd cluster of symbols over a dark green button

He nodded and hunted for the button Mari needed amidst all the others. After finding it, he fiddled with his seat belt before securing himself into it; he knew that after he pressed that button, he'd want to be strapped in.
The ship began to rumble, waking up like a groggy old beast moaning and groaning as it roused. She tapped her foot gritting her teeth. Her head whipped around when she heard a bullet bounce off one of the landing legs of the ship and she cursed under her breathe "we don't have time" she hissed grabbing what looked similar to a wheel and her figners ghosted against another nearby switch not flipping it just yet.

The ship rattled and shook as it slowly lifted off the ground the recently shot at legs tucking in as the engines began the sear the grass under their ship "get ready" she warned seeming to be working on the ship by feel not paying attention to the screaming alarms or flashing lights or the wildly dancing arrows on the gauges that all seemed to be shrieking for her not to take off yet. When the ship gave a final rumble she flipped the switch "now!"

Xil was immensely grateful that he had decided to buckle himself in before Marinelli took off. The ship shook and flashed warnings and from what he could tell from the huge control panel, it wasn't very safe to be taking off. Still, he trusted she knew what she was doing and hovered his finger over the thrust button. Xil mashed the button when she gave the signal and was pretty sure he'd jammed his finger.
The ship lurched foward as the thrusters kicked in rocketing them up ans straight. It was amazing mari was able to avoid the trees as the forest around them became just a blur of brown ans green as trees raced past them. Gritting her teeth she pulled up hard the ship lifting out if the woods and up into the atmopshere. The ship sounding like it was being held together with duct tape rattled from the force of their take off.

If the red headed cyborg was frightened it didnt show, her eyes were intense, locked ahead of them compleatly focused "flip that switch to the left of the wheel!"

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Refuge in the Stars (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus