Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Hunger Games RP?

I've been thinking lately about the Hunger Games and my parents were watching the moive and I end up watching it with them. Love the moive and book. ANYWAYS! I had been dying to do a Hunger Games RP. It is one that is only RPR characters, there well be no Hunger Games characters in there. I well only need tweleve characters, one for each disctired(sp?). I will set some rules down for those who are intersted.
1. All characters must be human.
2. NO romance
3. There has to be tweleve characters(a player can use more than one character in this RP.)
4. Anmouse character can be used but there has to be some info on them. At least a personality and history.
5. You can kill another persons character if they say it is okay. I will let whichever character I use die but not like in the first day.
6. All characters mus be under the age of 18
7. No 18+ stuff unless it is vilonce, because this is the Hunger Games, dude.
8. No special powers or weapons. You get whatever you can get in the games. No one can bring their own weapons.
9. We well go through everything in the Hunger Games stuff.
10. No God molding or I will ask you to leave the RP.
Sanne Moderator

I've considered some Hunger Games type of RP recently! :D I'll be considering this.

Just curious though, if not everybody is willing to let their character die, then how will there be a winner/finale?
KuroSakuranbo14 Topic Starter

Well, that is problem. There will be a winner, though. I'll have to talk to those who don't want their character to die and try to get them into the idea. This is the Hunger Games, there can only be one winner.

I will talk to all those who decide to join the RP and tell them that there might come a point where their character will die for this RP. I promise that I will try to keep all characters used in this from dying the first and/or second day. I don't believe it is fun for someone to be killed in a RP so early on.
Hey how about this, why don't you give each weapon a damage stat, that way if characters clash then we can see who wins each battle. And make sure like a few med packs are scattered in the area so that players with a bad weapon can get an edge over the battle?
KuroSakuranbo14 Topic Starter

This is going to be just like the Hunger Games. Everyone gets a chance to get something they well need from the beinning, and get something from their sopnsers(sp?). That is how it is going to be. If your character is good with a knife but grabs a bow and arrows then they are stuck with that unless they steal a knife from someone else or whatever else happens. I'll be in control of the other tweleve characters that aren't with a player or is needed to make there be tweny-four characters all together. If anyone has questions PM me.
You could always implement he rolling system to decide the fate of others.

Roll a 1d2 to see if anyone dies then do a few other rolls to determine how, like.. a 1d6 or something to decide which player it is, and a 1d20 to decide how fatal it is, a 15+ would probably be instant/near instant and anything below would probably take longer, die from wounds or whatever. That can be up to you, but it is an idea.

These rps are usually better if you can guarantee longevity in the rp with the number of players. I'm in something similar with a friend and it's a 1x1. Our general idea is to eliminate everyone else before we start taking out player characters. OR gradually drop player characters as time progresses.

Goodluck with this though!

rolled 1d2 and got 2

Zoe Fayo (played anonymously)

Thank you very much! I might use that idea, that way it won't get crazy on who dies and lives and who wins and loses. I know that most people would think that I would make my character win, when the truth is, I would never do such a thing. Would I like them to win? Yes, but I bealieve that who wins, wins. Would I like for them to at least come close? Of course but when it comes time for me to have my character die, then it is time.

Also, this profile right here is the one for my character, Zoe Fayo. I believe that she has a fighting chance but there is always the possiblity that she will lose.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Hunger Games RP?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus