Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Why, hello there ^_^

I'm Daphne_Wreathed, but it's a pain to type - Daphne is easier, or Laurel, or even Laura - they're all linked in the Daphne story!

See, Daphne was a nymph who ran away from the lovestruck God of Music, who chased her and chased her until finally she turned into a tree - the Laurel tree! Apollo made a circlet of the leaves to wear and promised that they'd never fall.

I've only got one character up now, but more to come! I like roleplaying Paladins and religious warriors, whether or not they're in the right - I have more than a few Paladins and Clerics and some are darker than others. It's funny, because I'm not overly religious but I'm utterly fascinated by the gods and their followers. Especially the greek-style pantheon gods, with their personalities and constant fighting. They're fun. >w< My characters tend to be at least a little religious.

Also: MUSICIANS. I'm an avid musician, and I really, really want to do a minstrel roleplay with another lover of music. My friends are all sick of hearing about my troubadours and my music roleplays are never interesting to them. Here I hope to find other roleplayers who love music too and want to roleplay those who do as well.

Guess which one of the names in the story is mine! >w< And Nefferduat, no giving it away D:
Kim Site Admin

Hello Daphne! Fabulous to meet you.

It seems like many people have a "type" of character that they like to play, whether it be a profession/class of character or just a concept that they are trying to explore through many different characters all revolving around a different aspect of the same concept. Religion certainly gives a person a lot of room for character and story building, especially if they are coming to it from a mindset open and curious enough that they can play with many different types of religion without automatically condemning. I love to see people who are really using their characters to explore a concept from a lot of angles and possibilities, rather than just repeating the same person with a name and hair color change. ;) You can really see when the gears are turning in someone's brain, and the fun thing about it is that after a little while of exploring, players like that often gather a whole lot about a topic and can bring an enormous depth to each of their characters because they know all the other aspects that that particular character might brush up against but not necessarily focus on -- or be aware of ICly themselves. When you can get a group of people like that together, worlds start feeling bottomless.

Anyway, that's my rant. Welcome to the repository! I am liking your character profiles so far, can't wait to see more, and perhaps to play with you sometime. The one thing I'm not seeing yet are game tags, so I'll ask here, where do you normally play?
Daphne_Wreathed Topic Starter

I play tabletop RPGs, though I'm not sure if that's your question. ^^;; I roleplay a little on Gaia as well, though finding good roleplays on there is hard. Mostly I do tabletop, a little LARP, and just casual fun with characters.

I don't know, is that what you were asking me? ^^;; I got shoved into roleplaying by a close friend not long ago, and am still a little noobish at times. Having a blast, though!

And thank you very much for the compliments to my characters >w< I enjoy them. I would love to play with you - I have peeked at a couple of your characters and am most intrigued. Maybe I'll learn something!
Kim Site Admin

Yeah, that answers my question. :) I was just trying to determine if there was any overlap in the sorts of places we usually play. Obviously I can't climb through the screen and go LARPing with you (unless through some fluke of destiny you live down the street...)

I do have a Gaia account, but I never really got much into RPing there because it was so hard to find a quality RP. It's actually sort of amazing to me how many people on this site say the exact same thing, and a lot of them seem like they really know their stuff. I guess we all just never found each other there or something.
Daphne_Wreathed Topic Starter

Hee. That'd be funny if you lived down the street. But I doubt I could anyway... ^^;; I didn't put up my age here but my 'rents would definitely not let me go LARPing with an adult they didn't know. (They don't like me going LARPing anyway... >.>)

Mm. Usually for me I find roleplay buddies elsewhere, mostly IRL, and set roleplays up there 'cause it's easy to work with.
Woo hoo, paladins and religious characters!

One of my characters would feel at ease around them; he's been living in a church, hiding from society for half of his life, even though he isn't religious at all himself. XD

Either way, welcome to the RP Repository! :D
WELCOME! I also have a character that would be good with their's. She isn't religiuos but I'm curius at to how they would reacte together. Here is a link: http://www.rprepository.com/site.php?char=1315

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Why, hello there ^_^

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus