Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » A Shadow's Whisper

After a while, she finally slowed her pacing, realizing that whoever was following her was possibly gone. So, it was her senses after all. Jesus Christ.

Oh, good. They left her alone. Though she had to wonder why. Perhaps they took the time following her to realize that what she had on her was worthless, and thus not worth the effort of bothering this tall woman? Or perhaps, they were distracted by someone else, who had more to take? Well, regardless, she had to thank her blessings. Though, she was still tense, at least she wasn't in the feeling of immediate danger. It's a rather busy and crowded street, after all.

She let out a sigh of relief, before heading on to look for public transportation, as she was doing before hand. The sooner she'd be able to get off somewhere else, the sooner this wandering would end. Perhaps she has missed it? Wouldn't be surprising before the sudden panic a few seconds ago.
Jerika (played by Creeper) Topic Starter

*She sits still for a second slowly an expression of disgust and defiance sneaks its appearance through the calmer facade and she slowly looks at the one pointing the tool directly at her with her head facing down but eyes finally lock onto the witch's. A very VERY faint rumble begins in her throat of what could be a growl as her ears lay more flat against her head. Her starking silver sheen eyes solid and unrelenting. Not making a move, but still standing her ground. In a low, yet still feminine voice she just loud enough states* "I. Am not. A male." *Keeping that gaze held, knowing that she herself is resistant to magic..having figured out at a young age by a rather bad accident..yet keeping well aware that things could go sour in a heartbeat. Her petite frame looking larger just from the "vibe" she is giving off."
Raven (played anonymously)

"to be completely honest, that should be the least of your worries!"

"Please forgive crow. She can become much more hostile than I. However, you still owe me a ritual knife."

"and unless you give it to her, you can forget my promise."

Raven tilts her head and looks at the girl, raising an eyebrow and eyeing her up suspiciously for what feels like decades. After a moment she closes her eyes and sighs, rubbing her head in aggrivation. She glares at the girl once more.

"At the very least, you owe me an explanation. Why don't you have my ritual knife?"

*She twitches her tail once, the hard gaze never leaving nor blinking under the scrutiny. Looking at her for a couple of minutes before glancing to the Magic shop owner for a moment.* I did not know if was suppose to be a knife... Only that I was to pick it up from a Guild of thieves to bring to you... *Her tone the same low, yet quietened. Not out of fear or any other emotion, only out of not being very use to speaking nor wishing to. Playing in her mind about where that hat and boots have gone and wondering why that woman has stuck in her mind..* It might have been because of her odd mannerisms...her.."reluctance" to seemingly...everyone...that blank stare... *She looks back to the jeweled knife in the witch's grasp. running through her mind the magic shopkeeper's words "and unless you give it to her, you can forget my promise.". Stating as if it is an afterthought* "I could not pick up the package... oddly enough there was no one at the Thieves Guild... looked ransacked."
Janella seemed to appear out of nowhere within the room, a cloaked figure that idly waved an arm. A globe of darkness descended over some of the candles, which she found to be an annoyance. The magically induced darkness spread out over a portion of the light, blocking it out completely from view by not extinguishing it.

"Ah, that is better," her low, melodic voice, accompanied by a sigh of relief, "My apologies, but my kind are sensitive to light." She took her hood and mask down. The sickly tone of her gray, bluish skin was revealed, some of the silver streaks in her braid catching the light. Black eyes moved from one to the other, her posture was confident and relaxed. One of her spidery hands flexed, the ritual knife sliding from within her sleeve to rest over her palm and long, tactile fingers. Her dark gaze slid over to Jerika, "Please forgive myself and my fellow rogues on our absence . . . our guild house," or what passed for their guild house, "was attacked and we were forced to leave. I was tasked with tracking you down and bringing this, seems like my timing is good."

A more inquisitive than apologetic look was given to Raven over the dual voices, a single white brow arching for a moment. She'd seen stranger things, but her more curious nature had been piqued. Janella kept the look subtle and brief enough, never one to openly gawk at another but just show passing interest.

Raven looks over at the sudden presence in the room. She raises an eyebrow as she notices the features. The ling silver hair, greyish skin tone, and the sensitivity to light. She tilts her head in suspicion before eyeing the knife that slid out of the person's sleeve.

"raven, is that it??"

Raven remains silent as she approached the girl and takes the knife out of the palm of her hand. She examines it very carefully, taking in all of it's features before smiling, pleased.

"It is. And it's of very fine craft as well. Thank you."

She says before snapping her fingers and holding out her palm, a big pouch filled if currency inside. She hands it to janella before nodding in appreciation.

"So he was telling the truth then. Thank you. I hope you can use what's in there to rebuild your home."

"why do you care?"

"I'm not completley heartless, unlike some people....I would have though you of all people would understand that..."

She says before turning to jerika, giving him an apologetic glance.

"I apologise about earlier. This knife is important, so I was rather pissed when you didn't have it."

*Jerkia's stance was unmoving even as the slight familiar scent swept over the room as the darkone's presence came forth. Silently watching the transaction occur from the corner of her eye as her harsh stare to the witch casually left and went to the elf's tunic. As the smooth melodic voice spoke to her of the small apology of abscence, giving a small ear twitch of acknowlegdement. Taking in as much as possible about the two subtly, scent as well as sight. Slowly drawing her tail close to the back of her legs as the witch addressed her still not making much of a move other than a small step backwards.... after giving a small thought finally musters up to speak, through her reluctance, to the darkone* "....The authorities sniff you guys out?....*Noting that that building is very near the one her brother does work for usually..and some of it not exactly legal.*
Janella was used to causing suspicion among others, a necessary sacrifice with her appearance and line of work. The elf turned her attention to the dealer next, addressing both them and Jerika as she explained, "Yes, they are cracking down. They've gotten someone to squeal, they just knew way too much about our escape plans whenever they attacked and raided our quarters. I advise both of your to watch your asses, until we figure out who is wagging their tongue." The dealer nodded quietly, shuddering as if they were unsettled with the information. "New quarters at a different location are already being established," she nodded her thanks to Raven, but she wouldn't disclose where and how to get in right now.

Whenever someone that she considered an outsider, Raven, was not around. Secrecy and stealth were among her greatest allies. The authorities always performed crack downs sooner or later, and her guild had been hit hard. "We did still manage to salvage something during all the chaos, and will begin our operations again soon, in full." As one of the more high-ranking, influential members of the guild, she spoke with surety on the matter. Taking the currency, she doled some out to Jerika and the dealer as repayment for their time wasted. The guild would take enough of a hit to it's reputation because they had been raided, there was no need to leave people unrewarded for their efforts and get more gossip spread on top of that.

The dealer stooped low in thanks for a moment before leaving hastily, wanting to get on with other business, telling Janella, "I will be in touch with you." The mixed elf lifted a hand in acknowledgement. She looked at the ritual knife and the one that had been intended to be it's replacement. Looking between the two knives, she let her gaze linger on the ritual knife. It was a slender blade, a small, dark ruby that seemed like a red eye with the way it reflected the light from the candles was fixed into the hilt. "Gonna make a sacrifice to the devil with that thing?" a grin spread over her angular features as she teased Raven.

"you know me too well"

She Snickers as she finishes examining the knife and puts it in the hilt. She folds her arms and leans on the air before looking at the dealer, her eyes going back to normal once more.

"So, are this aside, is she still wanting us to meet tonight?"

"yes. With all the threats going on,
shed like to gather us all together and figure it out herself."

"I figured as much..."

Raven says pondering for a moment before looking at the other two. After a moment one of her eyes turns black while the other turns white, and crows voice can be heard again.

"you know, if you'd like the person who squealed to pay for what he did you could always bring him to us."

"Unless you've forgiven him that is."
Phaedra looked around until she finally found a run down bus stop, a bit shaken by the experience. She wasn't even directly pushed to anything, she didn't see or talk to anyone, and from what she knew, she didn't have anything taken from her. It was simply weird... Though she guessed it was fortunate that she didn't see whoever face it was.

She hoped she could soon forget. Phaedra coughed, as she cautiously sat down on the bench. She was stuck now feeling extremely conspicuous. Adjusting her hat, she glanced around as she waited, hoping her sense of time wasn't as screwed up as her eye sight and her sense of location, and that was she had would allow her to pay for the fare. It was still relatively bright, though, so it should be only a several or more minutes until it came. She squinted her eyes over towards the street name once more, and guessed that the place she was headed wouldn't be too far through a vehicle...

*Jerkia gently takes the coins, specifically without touching the elf and begins to count them and absentmindedly starts towards the door in the middle of their conversation, her tail barely touching the floor, barely mumbling to the elf and almost interrupting the witch..* New headquarters already? You guys work quick...*Having mixed emotions at the moment of slight envy for such organization and apprehension towards the same thing, still looking down at the coins, ears twitching at the mention of a snitch still*
Janella scoffed, "There is no forgiveness, it is not taught among the people I grew up with. And the people I was raised among, the drow, are also the best at torture. Torture and killing are how I rake in about a third of my income. Whenever they're found, they'll pay dearly." her expression darkened, "We've narrowed it down to three. But if you'd like to join in on the fun, since you were personally inconvenienced . . . I could let you in on it," she grinned in a conspiratorial manner. There was honor among thieves, in her guild. Backstabbing and leaking information was considered sacrilege, if they couldn't rely on each other the guild would ultimately fall. The mixed elf might have been shady as hell, but she still had her own twisted sense of honor and morals that provided some structure to her world.

With the blades that were strapped to her hips and thighs, one didn't have a hard time imagining just how she was going to make this person pay. The dealer was also happy to garner some kind of profit out of the trouble she'd been through, giving a slight bow toward Janella as she backed away to show her thanks.

She looked over to Jerika, "We are always at risk, because of the nature of what we do, so we used some buildings we'd been looking to branch out into anyway. We used them for back up, instead of places where we could spread out a bit. Let me know if you'd also like in on the fun once we find the snitch . . . and whoever else they might reveal."

Raven couldn't help but smile as she was invited to join in on figuring out who the snitch was. raven nodded in agreement, before tying the cloak back around her neck and putting on the hood. She spun her septer in her hand before once again smirking.

"After all, we do need the blood of the guilty for the new potion I'm trying to create. It just can't be my own. So yes, I'd be happy to assist you."

"ooooooooooo this'll be fun!!"

*Jerika ponders for a long second then slightly shakes her head with a barely audiable sigh* Nah... I have to go make some more... "rounds". See you later, Dark Thief. *Completely ignoring the shopkeeper and giving one final glance to the witch, a glance of scrutiny eyeing some valuables before she goes to leave back out of the hole through the ceiling giving one final long look at the titanium dagger with the bloodstone... before hoisting and clawing her way up and through. Leaving the three with closing the grate behind her and immediately going to search for the "hat-with-boots". She shimmies, not very gracefully, out of the hole and out of the trash can and starts to walk down the alley towards where the boots were last seen continously trying to adjust her hood about her ears and whiskers just right as she begins the search...for the "hat-with-boots"...*
Phaedra sat, still waiting for the bus. She took the moment of silence, well, not really, but the noises and the smells of the streets usually tended to phase off into the background through time, and took off her glasses, wiping them off with the edge of her long shirt. She bit her lip tightly, the world turning blurred as she took them off. It was annoying, she felt vulnerable. Though her nearsighted was there ever since her youth, and even before she had contracted lycanthropy, she had still disliked not being able to see all that well. A reminder that she needed someone fix her lenses.

Well, this didn't exactly fix the issue, but it helped. She blinked, the regular sad old sight coming into focus once more.

"Hmph."
Janella's grin stretched wider, "The more the merrier." The problem would likely be keeping their emotions in check long enough for them to get the information they needed out of whoever the poor, unfortunate soul turned out to be. The dark elf mix nodded politely toward Jerika before the feline mix made her departure.

"I'll have a message sent along to our associate," gesturing to indicate the dealer, "whenever we have found them, and they can get in touch with you. Or perhaps you can check back here tomorrow at dusk, and I can tell you what I've learned. For now, I'm going to see if I can gather more coin and information for my guild." Everyone was working at full tilt, the guild was organized chaos at the moment. "It has been a pleasure meeting you," pulling her hood and mask back up, the elf waved her hand toward the globe of darkness. The dense orb of shadow dissipated and the room brightened slowly.

"that's not exactly fun is it? I would have wanted to help him find the culprit ourselves."

"Easy crow. In the meantime, we will return home."

She says before closing her eyes. A black smoke surrounded her, and slowly but surely it closed in on her. It made it's way towards the floor, and when it dissipated the raven was gone, having reappeared in the alley. She made her way to the exit and slipped back into the crowd, looking for a train so she could make her way home

*Jerika's tracking skills , other than sight, have yet to be put to the test but she was working all that she had to find the hat. Quickly, without running, she smoothly weaved through the taller crowd her hairs barely touching anyone as she looked and looked. For a long moment even seeming to do large figure 8's through the crowd trying to find any clue until she ran the last sighting through her mind and slowly veered off towards the bus stop. Feeling just a "hunch", but really the inner workings right at the back of her mind... she didn't know. She just aimed and went, uncertain what actually "told" her to head there.... and luck was on her side. Low-and-behold there was was that woman. She stopped dead and ignored the others walking past her, in her line of view and bumping her. She just studied, the woman's posture as she sat and how she cleaned her glasses and could never seem to leave her glasses alone.... peculiar woman. Right in the middle of the street Jerika squatted and put her hands on her knees, lost in thought about those boots...and now that woman..... unblinking and watching... whiskers twitching.... noteable sitting right where the glasses could see her if only she used her periphrial, but not caring at the moment as several different plans were rolling around in her mind. She really was not very good at stealing, but she felt she had not choice.....*
Phaedra store out, waiting for the bus, but it'll be a long several minutes until it came. But, as it was, much shorter than if she just began walking. She blew some air, her boots crossed each other as she sat quietly, her eyes dulled.

She looked. This was boring, almost a little too boring. Everyone in her sight seemed to be moving with a direction, somewhere they clearly had to go, something that they wanted. It was quite busy. She wasn't really any different, either, as she was outside for a reason, too. Such a typical sight. She could day dream about going out, perhaps making a cave, a single home in the vast country side and being able to hunt without any rules at all, all by herself. Perhaps seeing new creatures, and new sights in nature. But that was silly.

"Hmm." She tilted her head sideways, brushing her hair further towards the front of her. Her ears felt stilted in her hat, folded like they were. Phaedra never thought of it to be a shame she only turned into a powerful, animalistic beast once a month. If she weren't completely a beast, she shouldn't be living like one.

"Now, I wonder," she muttered under her breath, thinking quite loudly, unexpectedly thinking of that one sharp feeling of being followed, "What did you find interesting about me?"

*Being close enough to hear, only because she was straining to hear anything from the woman... she slowly got up and came to stand near the other side of the bench a couple of paces having almost "slithered" through smoothly, looking down at the woman's skirt.... having regretfully decided not to try to sneakily steal the boots since she judged... that that idea was ridiculous. So now she ponders how to take them off... with a struggle? She wasn't sure... her seemingly clever ideas just falling apart now that the woman was right there. Her ears slightly down, as their natural way, yet slowly a slightly depressed expression crosses her face as she takes one of he coins out of her pocket and begins to "thumbing" it. Still being quiet and still standing, but watching the coin in her hand*

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » A Shadow's Whisper

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus