Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Break Free~(OPEN)

Azley Elysia (played anonymously)

The night was crisp, the air filled with the smells of fall. Its all invaded Azley's nose, making her sniffle here and there. She wore a loose hoodie that hid her slender frame, skinny jeans clung tight to her legs as she moved on through the night.

There was no reason for her to really be out, no where to go. Simply, Azley wanted out of her over baring parents home for as long as she could. A bit of freedom. She had the money to do all she pleased, shopping, a club, ANYTHING was open for her to play around with...
Clutch (played by PenGryphon2007)

(ooc: If you don't mind having an AI car, I'd be happy to join in.)

A red Buick patrolled the streets, windows down, the current top hits streaming out from the radio. To anyone who looked carefully, they'd notice that there was no driver. The car literally drove itself.

And well it had, for Clutch, the Artificially Intelligent Buick, had grown sick and tired of staying night after night in the garage and he was looking for some fun. Some legal fun, which pretty much meant that everything he thought was fun, was not allowed. Like street racing.

Clutch beeped his horn for no reason; he was just antsy and frankly he missed having someone to talk to. His personal mechanic and sometimes driver, Chris, was busy these days working on other cars; besides, surely someone would need a ride tonight. If for no other reason than to get away from it all. So he merely coasted down the street, still shiny from his last carwash, looking for someone to 'help'.
Azley Elysia (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Azley eyed the red car. She had no clue as to what it was or why she felt the need to watch it. It was pretty though. But as it got closer she noticed their was no one driving, or they were insanly short. Azley leaned to the wall, watching the car as it came under street lights. 'odd....' she thought

Clutch could feel eyes on him, and as he rolled past the pedestrian on the sidewalk, his motion sensors beeped. He pulled to a stop and set his flashers on so that no one would run into him.

His doors were unlocked and he waited for the girl to approach before clicking off the music to make better use of the radio for talking. A light tenor male voice floated out through the open window.

"Can I be of assistance? I'll get you where you want to go, hassle free. And I guarantee I'm faster than a taxi." After all, what human driver could react faster than a car programmed to react to everything instantly?

"E-excuse me?" Azley moved to the car with caution. Had it just spoken to her? She placed her hands on the edge of the rolled down window, gazing inside. "Hello?" She was unsure of what was going on, some sort of prank most likely...

A burst of static crackled through the radio, indicating Clutch's sigh. Of course she didn't know what he was; that was the drawback to being a prototype. He switched to his default introduction, which would--hopefully--set the human at ease.

"Hello, my name is Clutch. I am an automated vehicle created for your pleasure and benefit. I can drive you anywhere you'd like; you need only tell me where and I will get you there. Are you interested?" He waited impatiently, his flashers blinking steadily. "Please say yes. You look like you could use some fun and I know where to find it."

Azley let out a soft giggle. 'How odd? I've never seen one of these at the car shows daddy attended?' Azley thought as she opened the door. "Sure... I-I'm not really sure how you work, but I'll give it a go." It was a lot warmer in the car than outside, making her snuggle into the seat.

If a car could grin, Clutch would have been doing just that. Instead he positioned the seat for her, adjusting it so that it fit her comfortably and supported her in all the right places.

"Don't forget your seat belt," he reminded her, as his door shut. The flashers turned off and the turn signal came on as Clutch sensed the traffic around him; it was light however, and what cars were on the road were going the speed limit for once. "So, anywhere but here?" he inquired. "And may I have your name?"

She worked on her seat belt as she answered him. "I'm Azley." She said softly. "And I dont really have anywhere to go... So yeah, anywhere but here." She liked the voice of the car, it made it seem fancy. It was also comfortable.

If only Clutch could hear her thoughts, he would be so flattered! He merged smoothly onto the road as soon as the seatbelt was clipped in and drove as smoothly as if he were on a newly paved road.

"Anywhere but here it is!" he said happily, shifting gears to get to a higher speed. "So, Azley, what is your idea of fun? Do you enjoy clubs? Dancing? Drinking? Or maybe racing?"

Already, Clutch's internal GPS was searching for the local destination that Azley might be interested in.

"I've not really done much of that... I only get out once a week out from under her their noses." Azley wasnt allowed to leave, only school and back. "I cant even date... " She said softly watching out the window.

Static once again crackled through the radio at Clutch's gasp. "Once a week? Are they trying to stifle you? I thought being locked up in the garage at night was bad; but to never get out..." He made a weird noise, something akin to a gear grinding. "That just grinds my gears."

"If you really want to get out, I know a good street race that'll be starting soon. If you don't mind speed. And fun. And the roar of engines. Otherwise, there's a movie theatre not too far from here, and there's a couple of clubs nearby that have dancing."

He changed lanes, zipping around a slow-moving vehicle, before merging back. "Up to you. Just let me know when you have to be back. I wouldn't want you to break curfew too badly."

"I have a feeling you want to see a race, so lets go there, besides, your comfy, Ill like it either way." Azley smiled and leaned against the window, a smile on her face

Clutch chuckled. He didn't want so much to see the race as be in the race, but he wasn't going to kidnap a random stranger and take her on the joyride of a lifetime...at least, not without her express permission.

"The race it is." He wasn't going to make any U Turns or sudden changes in direction, because, being the intelligent--even if artificially so--vehicle that he was, he'd already been heading in that direction. "You're going to be in for the ride--thrill--of a life time," he amended. And then realizing he'd just been complimented, he revved his engine a little. "Not just comfy," he confided, "I'm practical."

"Can you put my seat back a bit?" Azley said softly. "So your simply a car that talks and very smart? You cant change o anything?" Azley thought it would be cool if he could do all sorts of things.

Clutch reclined her seat as she directed, but a snort of static came of her statement. "I am not simply a talking car; I am a prototype for a new breed of vehicles that will soon, er, aide people in day-to-day transportation. We're very advanced.

"And as far as changing goes, I'm hardly a robot. I can't transform into anything other than what I am. If you want that...I know one who can." He chuckled at the idea of Azley meeting with CD. That would be a trip and a half.

"At any rate, enough about me; how is it that one such as yourself is cooped up inside all the time?"

"My father is in high wealth... He makes sure my grades are up then sends my up to my room to study or practice piano. My mom can stay at home sense my father makes so much." Azley sighed and shook her head. "I like having what I have, dont get me wrong. Im just lonely socaily I guess..."

Clutch listened as well as any automated system could. "Hmm, socially you need to do more than homework and piano." A soft chuckle echoed through the radio. "Maybe I should take your father for a drive sometime. But you should get out. Don't you have friends at school? Chris has a lot of friends there, but even so he does work a lot in the garage."

In the distance the sounds of engines revving could be heard. They were nearing the racetrack. Or at least the road designated for the races.

"No one..." Azley said softly

Clutch screeched to a halt, surprised. "No one? But--you're at school for hours! Surely there's someone you talk to and cruise with."

While Clutch understood school, he didn't understand human behavior. It was one missing piece of many in his coding. "But I guess I don't have any friends either. Except Chris; but that's a long story."

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Break Free~(OPEN)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus