Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » ~Paying The Price~

Raven (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Raven's eyes widened greatly as Lilim said she was going to become the storm that would tear Mercia to shreds. She would stare blankly down at her and blink. Crow would be cringing on the inside, refusing to speak up for the time being as she was to embarrassed to face Lilim, and Mason would be holding Crow in the subconscious in an attempt to comfort her and put her mind at ease. They all knew that Crow hadn't forgotten, but she was having an episode of feelings that she felt while in the void that is limbo. Mason would feel sad for his wife, knowing what she had gone through and he would proceed to hold her close. He had his own business to attend to, as he needed to speak to Will, though he felt like Will as trying to avoid him. Raven would stare down at Lilim, closing her eyes briefly as Lilim brushed the bangs out of her eyes, opening them and noticing the blood on Lilim's hands.

"Hold still. I'll help you get cleaned up, but afterwards we need to get together with everyone else so we can head towards Mercia."

Raven says before climbing off of Lilim and holding her hands out towards a soft patch of grass. She would say a light chant, and the ground would bend and morph into a spring of water, and Raven would walk up to it, scooping water up in her hands before going back to Lilim and holding her hands in her own, slowly wiping all the blood off of Lilim, being delicate and careful so she didn't miss any spots.
Merrilee Titania (played anonymously)

Pixel hadn't slept a wink as she watched over the stubborn child while he slept. She had already planned to follow the boy until he got close to Organna again, then Pixel would have asked Organna to take Jimmy back to Merry, whom by now had found a good number of herbs and natural vegitation to snack on and was sound asleep.

Pixel raced around Jimmy and protested loudly and stubbornly that Jimmy was sealing his fate and would die before he ever got the chance to realize his dreams. She'd scream even louder in protest of Jimmy healing Pentre, and even used her magic to try stopping the boy from doing so. Teary eyed, half horse, and utterly defeated as Jimmy ignored Pixels every cry, she opted to use her magic to make herself completely invisible to everyone's eyes, especially Jimmy's and his magical senses too. The boy having thoroughly broken Pixels fragile little heart and reducing her to tears.

The fairy would race out into the night air and rush around to find Organna, having every intention on telling her first that Pentre was healed. The Orcess was in the middle of a hearty meal and was in a really good mood at last. That was until Pixel landed on her shoulder and told her of the events. Just then Organna's muscles would tense, her smile would turn to a cold frown, and she'd emit a low growl that seemed to make the tent she was in feel a lot colder.

Organna would stand slowly and collect her axe, "Sorry to cut the visit short, ladies and gents, but my services to Gaia's Priestess are needed elsewhere." she says before starting for the door. "By the way... The meat was good. You've convinced me that not all humans are bad. Especially those that can cook meat like that." she adds in with a soft smirk to the slaves that had been serving her. Once she was out of the tent, her cold glare would resume, casting an air of intimidation that stuck around her as she walked, looking for Pentre exclusively.

Meanwhile, Pixel would go invisible again and make her way to Merry, fully intending to get to her before Pentre did and inform her of the very soon to come danger that was a well fed and thoroughly P.O.ed Organna brandishing a Viking War Axe. Gaia herself may suffer some additional scars this night with the fury Organna was fully set to unleash.
Will Stone (played anonymously)

Will sat on his bed and listened to the conversation between Conrad, Robin, and Pentre about Jimmy, his eyes closed as the words bounced around in his head. He sat to himself, not speaking or looking, or even moving. He tried to calm himself down and try to keep from another outburst, his hands starting to shake after a while.

The smell of Jimmy's tea was enough to make him move his hands, but not his head, body, or legs. He drank the tea as the words and thoughts still bounced in his head. If he had been able to sleep, everything would be better, but getting woke up from the first sleep in days, Haldor taking Elesa a minute after giving him to her, and Jimmy becoming Pentre's slave didn't help his state. Not a minute after Pentre and Jimmy walked out, Will threw the cup at one of the support beam. If the mug was anything other than metal, it would surly shatter against the post as Will furiously took all the trinkets from the suit that weren't attached to the cloth and the shirt and jacket, leaving him in only the pants and shoes.
Audemar (played by Tucker_Dragon)

As Audemar looked out to the rising sun, he couldn't help this feeling of nervousness inside as he may meet this boy he would be taking under his wing.
Lilim (played anonymously)

Lilim watched as Raven summoned a pool of water and helded her with her blood stained hands, closing her eyes as Raven set to work on her face, "Thanks, Raven... I turn into such a mess when I cry... I'm sorry. I appreciate your help though." she says gratefully. She'd sit still until Raven had Lilim all cleaned up, smiling to her as she opened her eyes again. "Thanks. That feels a lot better. C'mon, lets go find the others." she says as she takes Raven by the hands and helps her to her feet, hovering over to Ravens staff after and collecting it, giving it back to Raven, "Don't want to forget this, huh?" she says as she lets Raven hold onto it with one hand, but Lilim helped herself to Ravens other hand, leading her back toward the camp.

Elesa would cling to Will as Haldor collected her, reluctantly letting him go in time to watch Will get kicked in the back and for Will to turn over and grab the mans ankle, struggling in Haldors grip until she was using her hands to support herself on Haldor's shoulder, "How dare you?! What did Mister Will ever do to you?! I'm telling Big Sis!!" Elesa protests to Wills treatment. She'd let Haldor collect her back into a more comfortable carry after that, though she'd whimper and flinch as he pinches her, supposedly by accident. She'd start to cry again as she wraps her arms around his neck to cling to him in a hug. She was so tired, but with all this motion she couldn't sleep at all.

Lilim leads Raven closer just in time to witness Pentre on his horse and telling Jimmy that they would not be holding a funeral, which caused the young boy to start to cry. If Lilim's presence was not known by that point, she'd make it known, as her magic spiked and increased the gravity in the area, shaking free of Raven and taking off like a jet, circling around and giving a high momentum spin as she came at Pentre from the side.

She wouldn't give any warning other than her heightened magic pressure before delivering a swift motion spinning kick to Pentre's ribs, fully intent on breaking something if not knocking the wind out of him and knocking him mercilessly off the horse, "Not sure what you did, you filthy disease, but every time I see you with a smile on your disgusting face and in a position of pompus posterity like that, it ticks me off... Don't forget you're a slave yourself. Next time I see you mounted up, I'll drag you by that collar you're sporting all the way to the moon. Oh... And before I forget..." she growls before moving to grab the collar again, "Anything metal on your being, remove it all. Slaves like you don't get to wear armor or carry swords. And when your done with that take your armor to Will and present it to him on your knees and recite these words exactly...

Master William Stone, I the Lord Knight of Camelot present to you the armor off my own back as a gift from Princess Lilim.

Now, remove your gauntlets if you understand.
" she growls to him before finally releasing the collar. She'd move to scoop Jimmy up and whether the child liked it or not, Lilim would be taking him to Raven, "Hun, you might wanna hold this... I caught him playing manservant to that disgusting excuse for a knight over there... I swear I enjoy the company of my elder brother, Incubara, more than his... Please keep Jimmy away from him. There's no telling what damage has already been done. And where the heck is Matthew?" Lilim says as she takes another look around.

Audemar looked over at Lwyence and thought to himself as he saw her eyes closed, 'Do elves really sleep?' He glanced around the harem and saw the others and knew even when they slept, they felt sorrow.

"I have spent a century and decades without sleep," Audemar spoke in a quiet voice, "but maybe mocking sleep will give me a peace of mind."

(I though jimmy said he put them to sleep. Is he sleeping or dead? o.o)

Raven would nod and continue wiping Lilim until she got all the blood off, before feeling Lilim grab her by the hands and pull her to her feet. She would let out a small "eep" as she stood up, and chuckle before nodding and walking back towards the other.s with Lilim. Raven would pause though, as she turned towards Lilim and smiled gratefully, taking her staff from Lilim and holding it tightly in one of her hands.

"Yeah, that would have been bad.."

She would happily take Lilim's hand as Lilim reached for it, and continued walking with her until they arrived back at camp, witnessing Pentre telling Jimmy that they wouldn't be able to hold a funeral. She felt Lilim shake loose of her before taking off, and Raven would run after her to prevent her from doing something to rash, only to get there as Lilim severely hurt Pentre. Fear would shoot through Raven's body as Lilim handed her Jimmy, and Raven would be holding him tightly as her body started shaking. She was starting to put the pieces together, and she had severely hoped she was wrong in fear that she would be burying two people from her past tonight.

"Honey....where's your dad??? You told me he was sleeping, so why is Pentre denying you a funeral? Funeral for who??"

The sorcerer looked to the window then back to Lwycene then shifted himself to the wall, leaned back, and closed his eyes.

Raven's eyes would widen and she would stare at Jimmy, utterly shocked. She couldn't believe what was happening. First she lost her mother, then she lost one of her closest childhood friends, and to top it all off, the son of her newly departed friend was going to be a slave, to Pentre of all people. Tears would form in her eyes once more, as she struggled to find the proper words to say. And to think that Martha was part of the reason her friend was now dead. Before she could even say anything to Jimmy, he was already off to go after Pentre.

"You mean....Matthew is....No, Jimmy! WAIT!!"

But it was to late, and Jimmy was already gone. Mentally, she had been pushed over the edge, and a black smoke would form around her. Though this smoke didn't signal a switch between hosts. No, this smoke would signal Raven's defense mechanism, and she would be taking several deep breaths as she tried not to explode. A dark and foreboding aura would be surrounding Raven as she was now grieving the loss of two people who were dear to her in the same night. With her wings she would surely catch up to the rest of them, and she fully intended to free Jimmy from Pentre one way or another, but if she let her emotions take over in this state, everyone who dared to piss her off would be done for. So, without saying a word, she would turn around and head in the opposite direction, back towards the water. The water was usually a calm place for Raven, and served for her as a sanctuary, so whenever she was in need of it, she would always find the closest source of water. Her entire body would be shaking as she tried not letting her emotions get the better of her. Once she reached the water, she would take a seat and pull her legs up to her chest, burying her head in them as her aura only got more intense as her emotions brewed inside her.

"Matthew....I'm so sorry....If only I had known sooner..."

She says between sobs as she buries her head deeper into her knees in an attempt to calm herself down enough.

Will was still sitting in the tent, still infuriated, but the cool air was keeping him from overheating. It wasn't until Pentre came in and offered him the sack with his armor in it. He was confused about it, until he heard Lilim's name. He took the bag and watch Pentre leave with a blanket. Will opened the sack and looked at the armor, thinking of something He could do with it before his eyes widened as he had a "stroke of enlightenment" as he calls it. "Wait, so since Pentre is technically my slave, or prisoner, he doesn't have the right to take a slave. So technically speaking, Conrad give Pentre Jimmy technically makes Jimmy mine." Will said to Robin.

Will took the dagger and inspected it. What Jimmy did with just magic, was very impressive. A little bit on the heavy side with the blade, the edges were sharp and overall it was a fine piece. After a minute, He nodded and handed it to Pentre. "You may keep it, but only for self defense against anyone who isn't part of this group." Will said, giving Pentre the dagger. He then decided to spring the news on them. "Oh, and I just thought of this. Since Pentre, you're under my ownage, technically, since Conrad gave you Jimmy, in a way, he gave Jimmy to me." Will told Pentre.

Will's claws came out as he held the sharp claws against Pentre's neck. "If you raise a whip to the boy, i'll take these claws, cut your thoat open, and pull you tongue out through it." Will threatened Pentre, but not in an angry or upset tone, but a calm, collected, and serious tone. He then retracted his claws and walked over to jimmy, picking him up.

Will nodded and rubbed the boy's head to comfort him. "Of course I will Jimmy. I'll even help you out with it." Will told Jimmy as he walked over to Matthew's body, taking his coat off and draping it over the body. "Come on, let's go pick out a spot for him." Will said to Jimmy, carrying him out the tent.

Will nodded and looked in the direction he was pointing in. He carried him to the area he pointed to and found a soft spot of dirt and pebbles to bury Matthew. "Come on, let's go get you pa."

Will smiled and nodded at Jimmy. "Please, just call me Will. And you don't need to thank me Jimmy, he deserves to be buried and laid to rest in peace." Will told Jimmy.
Lilim (played anonymously)

Lilim grabbed for Jimmy as he took off like a bullet, but missed her grab and was left beside the now thoroughly distraught Raven. "Raven... Honey, I'm so sorry..." she says as she lowers herself to Ravens side, black smoke aura or no, Lilim would try to give Raven a comforting hug. She'd follow Raven a short distance as she headed for the water, stopping after a moment to let Raven have some time alone. Lilim would scowl and glare toward the camp, using her own senses to track everyone down, and seeing as Merry was the closest to the direction for Lilims current plans, things would play out nicely, she thought.

Lilim moves to enter Robins tent with Will, Pentre, Jimmy, and of course Robin himself just in time to overhear Pentre confirming that a slave of a slave belongs to the one in position of master, or in other words that Jimmy was Wills slave until Pentre was set free. This fact would change Lilims blood thirsty cold glare to a softer and more confident smirk, leaving her entrance to the tent less bound to shed blood and more plotting to spite the wicked of the group and set allied minds at ease.

Lilim would look around at everyone, "Sorry to barge in, boys. But I thought you'd like to know there's been a change of plans. Queen Raven Blackwing, heiress to the late Queen Poppy Blackwing, has petitioned that we take the body of Matthew, Mayor of Wellspring, back to the village of Wellspring and hold a proper burial and funeral in his honor. And as Queen Ravens best friend, Royal Vizier, and active personal guard... I'd like to inform you that her petition is our next course of action. Brace yourselves, Gentlemen, we're backtracking this evening." Lilim says with a smirk, singling out Pentre as she spoke, just daring him to stand against her words.

Her eyes also speaking to Pentre if he dared look at her, "How do you like being the victim of the words of a royal decree? Now you know exactly how those you slaughtered felt before you claimed their heads. Maybe you and your king should be treated to the same reward?" Lilim thinks to herself, wishing she had some telepathy of her own so she could rub it in Pentre's face more directly than with a simple satisfied sadistic smirk.

Audemar opened his eyes just for the feeling of a good rest but alas, it wasn't as well as he remembered. The sorcerer looked again to Lweynce and whispered, "Why do you care so much for an old man like me?"

Raven would be sitting by the water's edge, as the black aura around her got more and more intense. She would just furl up into an even tighter ball as she tried not crying. Her emotions were shot, and her mind was in a thousand different places as she kept thinking about Matthew and Jimmy. She would have already beaten the daylights out of Martha, if she hadn't known that Jimmy would protest her and come to hate her if she did. That was probably the only reason why Martha was still standing right now. She would let out the occasional sob as she tried getting herself to calm down, to no avail. Her eyes would turn black and white as Crow and Mason started speaking to her as well.

"Raven...Crow...I'm so sorry...."

"Raven...?? What....What are we going to do....?"

"Isn't it obvious...?? Were going to adopt Jimmy, if it's something he wants. I don't know how well he even likes us, if he even does, but if he would want to live with us, then we need to take care of him. Matthew was like my brother, and it's only right we be here for him....But after my mother died and the assassins, and having this thrown into the pile, I can't be there for him if I'm about to fall apart myself...I just...I-I just need to calm down before...before...it happens again....I'll go talk to him later....but my mind and my heart can't take much more tonight....I-I just need to.."

She says, tearing up even more as she can't hold it back anymore and starts crying. She lowers her legs enough so that her feet were dipped in the water, but that would just lead to her burying her head in her hands as she cried. Given how much she cried during her mother's funeral, she was somewhat surprised that she even had any tears left. Crow and Mason would be upset to. Matthew knew Crow as well, and so Crow was mourning his loss, while Mason just tried to be a comfort to the both of them to help prevent their demonic form from coming out.
Merrilee Titania (played anonymously)

Merry would sense the tension rising and began to pray. Pixel had just informed her of Jimmy's choice and Merry could only pray for the child. Pray that somehow he'd let someone lead him out of this darkness he seemed fixiated with. Turning to an evil king for comfort when his mother disowned him and his loving father just died... Then blindly serving an evil knight and taking the tongue lashings like they were the words of the heavens... Merry was growing tired of being around humans and all of their hurtful stinging words and backwards ways, worshiping the darkness like it was a divine light brighter than the sun. It was starting to make her sick.

((Hint hint, Tus. Evil chars or not, please tone it back.))

Glitter and Moonlight would be more than happy staying at the edge of the camp with Merry, and Pixel was still crying her eyes out from having her heart broken by Jimmy. All of them were ready to leave this place, as there was far too much pain, suffering, and death for any of them to be comfortable.

Organna would spot Pentre now clad in black leather and surprizingly calmed herself from the sight. The corrupt knight now clad in hide looked much more like the role he was taking on, and less like a holy knight clad in sparkling iron armor. Organna would never admit it, but she liked the new look Pentre sported. The Orcess would leave him be after seeing him like that, satisfied that at last someone ordered him out of his armor and put him in his place.

Organna was in a surprizingly good mood again until she heard Lilim say they were taking Matthew back to Wellspring and Jimmy threatening to set things on fire if Lilim tried taking the body. Organna heard enough and entered the tent as well, making a beeline for Matthew's body, "Sorry kid. But if Lilim says we're taking your pops back to Wellspring, that's what we're doing." she says as she picks up the body before anyone has a chance to protest. "And for the record... Orcs don't eat human meat. It's too close to the act of cannibalism and none of us fancy turning into Windagos. That said... Kid... Your pops deserves a proper burial alongside your grandmother. Guy raised a strong son for sure. But you're way too misguided now and are not thinking strait. I have no respect for your say if you continue to prefer that dark corruption around you when you could still be shown the path of positivity and light. Trust me, it took a blind girl to show me the way out of my own darkness way back when... I'll get the cart. You guys don't take too long to get ready, alright?" she says before exiting the tent with Matthew's body.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » ~Paying The Price~

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus