Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Introducing...???!

Spy

...Or so I would like to say. Unfortunately, such beautiful symbols are not allowed in the usernames of such communities. (This discrimination has got to stop!)

Moving along though, it's nice to meet everybody. Me prefered name do be ???, though for reasons mentioned above, I will be using my alternative handle of Spy.

I like to think myself a pretty nice guy, and I'm always happy to talk to people.

I'd comment on my creativity, but I'm me, and I'm biased about me, so I'll not. Instead, check out my list of characters, if it so pleases you, and enjoy! Or don't, as the case may be.

Also, I'm not entirely sure I'll be changing my avatar, because...Well, look at it. It's appropriate.
Hi there! Welcome to our humble abode.
Sanne Moderator

Welcome to RPR, oh mystery man. Be careful of the ninjas, they lurk everywhere. >.> <.<

What sort of RPs do you usually do? And where did you get your roleplaying experience, if you have any at all? :)
Spy Topic Starter

I generally do free-form roleplaying. I'll occasionally enter organized games, though given my lack of interest in set-ups based on pre-existing series (To certain extents), it doesn't often happen.

As for my experience, I've been roleplaying in freeform for about ten years. Granted, when I first started I had absolutely no idea what I was doing, and even now I wouldn't particularly consider myself good.

The answer to the where would be chat rooms. I'm rather inexperienced with forum based roleplay. Well, chat rooms and having spent the better majority of my childhood with my nose in a novel, with no discrimination between sci-fi and fantasy. (By "better majority", I do mean all).
Minerva

You've only found structured RPs that knock off of existing series? Aww. That's almost sad.

Welcome to the site, Spy. ...Are you the ??? that goes to CC by any chance?
Sanne Moderator

Spy wrote:
As for my experience, I've been roleplaying in freeform for about ten years. Granted, when I first started I had absolutely no idea what I was doing, and even now I wouldn't particularly consider myself good.

The level of competence you possess doesn't matter much around here. We've found that how much you and your roleplay partner(s) enjoy your roleplay usually determines if you are good or not. And I dare say it's as fun as you want it to be! ;) So don't worry too much about that.
Spy wrote:
The answer to the where would be chat rooms. I'm rather inexperienced with forum based roleplay. Well, chat rooms and having spent the better majority of my childhood with my nose in a novel, with no discrimination between sci-fi and fantasy. (By "better majority", I do mean all).

It sounds like your preferences should make it relatively easy to find roleplay around here. :) As for forum based RP, it really isn't much different from chat room RP. It's just a little slower at times. But for that we have the 'turn any forum topic into a chat room' button. :D Both in groups and on public forums, all you have to do is click "Launch Chat" at the top or bottom of a topic, and voila - it's a chatbox.

If you and the other player are on at the same time, it should make it much quicker to respond to each other.
Spy Topic Starter

Minerva wrote:
You've only found structured RPs that knock off of existing series? Aww. That's almost sad.

Welcome to the site, Spy. ...Are you the ??? that goes to CC by any chance?

That might very well depend on who's asking. Though I've been known to visit such a place.
Minerva

Oh, I dropped into CC for the first time in about four years the other day, searching for an old friend. It's sad to see the state of disrepair it's fallen into. Ouch.

Many moons ago I was the head admin, going by the same name. If you're anything less than, say, five or six years as a veteran there, you probably won't recognize me.
Spy Topic Starter

Ahh. I think my first time visiting was around five years ago, though it wasn't until last year that I made an actual OOC handle and started talking to the veterans.

So I was around, yes, but names would be beyond me since at that point I didn't actually socialize with anyone.
Minerva

Well hello, fellow CCite, regardless of if we know each other. Do you ever drop into the Keep? I tend to haunt there a lot more frequently. Several of my characters registered here are also there, Rudianos seeming to be the most recognized as of late. I'd be all up for an RP with a fellow Nexian.
Spy Topic Starter

I don't drop by the Keep much, to be honest. Personally, I just prefer the darker backdrop of CC. Less strain on the eyes, and all that.

Though I might be convinced to stop by more often, especially with CC's decline of late.
Minerva

As of late? It's been like a perpetual drop on the Raging Bull at Six Flags. For five or six years.
Spy Topic Starter

What, I can't be optimistic?

To be fair, it could be a lot worse. As things are now, the groups are smaller, yes, and while they may not be as skilled as "Ye Legends of Olde", they're far from the worst writers I've seen.

Not that I'm good enough to criticize, but still.
Hello and welcome, I think you will find the partner(s) right for you here. Although a little slow at times, there are many great players here. Just takes some looking around and actually speaking up.

Your characters seem very interesting! Would love to see some more about them (for example, Hisaru's history, since he in general makes me think about one of my characters and what crazy things could two like them maybe do together and I am quite captivated by Hisaru's concept).

I most sincerely hope that you will have a great time here. And I don't have much reason to really doubt that!
Spy Topic Starter

Mm...Well, Me being the professional procrastinator that I am, if you happen to get impatient waiting for profile updates (A thing I would not hold against anyone), please feel free to ask me some questions.

Actually, I beg that you, or anyone else who reads this message, does. Answering questions gets me thinking about details, which naturally gets me into the mood to write.

Moral of the story, asking me questions is a great way to "persuade" me to update my profiles.
That actually sounds a bit like me. xD The more I discuss/get asked questions, the more reasoning and ideas I have and can provide. A bit sleepy right now, but I will get back at you about this! xD Either in PMs or something. :)

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Introducing...???!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus