Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Kingdom Hearts: Scattered Fragments (Private RP)

The hooded Nobody didn't move as Aiko asked her question, but merely stood quietly, listening. After a few moments of silence, the took a small breath. The darkness was all but gone now, and the white room had been restored to its former brightness. The brightness that was almost painful. But now that the dark of the Nobody's cloak contrasted the bright around them, it almost made the light easier to bear.

"I am called Yuxara." Her voice was curt and succinct, and there was a cool detachment in it. "You could say that my companions and I are wanderers, and the silent peacekeepers. The Heartless have always been a problem, and we take care to divert them as well as we can. If you recall, the Heartless were clearly converging upon you when we whisked you away." Her chin dropped a fraction, and a vaguely disheartened sigh escaped her. "Unfortunately, there were too many of them, and too few of us at the scene. Consider yourself lucky that you didn't share the same fate that your world did. There are too few Keyblade wielders that still exist, and of those that remain, even fewer are aware of what they are capable of." She fell silent for a few moments before continuing. "And even fewer of those realize their duty as a wielder."
Hasegawa Aiko (played by Lone_Otaku)

"Wait, what? There hadn't been any of those... things when I was taken," As the girl recalled, she had been sitting in a small clearing, near the outskirts of the forest. She had been... well admittedly crying, over a trivial matter. Her attention wasn't completely on her surroundings though.

Without consciously being aware of it, the blade in her hand dissipated, leaving both of her hands to cross and lock together in from of her. She hummed lightly, contemplating the answer from Yuxara, "Well, if you intended to save me, than why have I been in here for so long? Why did you guys leave me in here?" As she said this she made small gestures with her hands, a nervous twitch, she went silent, shaking her head and denying an answer instead.

Moving slowly towards Yuxara, Aiko uttered the name quietly, once, twice. It didn't roll off the tongue right, it felt like a hollow word. She now stood directly in front of Yuxara, her height being a deal shorter than the Nobody's. Standing there, Aiko felt the urge to pull her hood down, normally she would've asked but now, she didn't feel like it. Reaching upwards, the girl took the sides of the hood, standing on the tips of her toes she slid it down, revealing the woman's visage.
Yuxara offered no resistance as Aiko removed her hood, pulling it down. Like the unveiling of a curtain, the removal of the cloth revealed a surprisingly young face with closed eyes, perhaps only a couple of years older than Aiko herself if not the same age. Windswept bangs were tossed to the side, and her pin straight, jet-black hair hung in a mid-ponytail that continued down past her shoulders, the true length of her hair obscured by the hood and the cloak. When she opened her eyes, they were a piercing, sheer violet. Quiet but not quite cold, but calculating.

"I believe that my appearance would not answer any of the questions that you're asking," Yuxara mused, taking a step back to regain some modicum of personal space. "You must not have been watching your surroundings when we took you. Despite you seeming relatively occupied, I'm vaguely disappointed you didn't feel the darkness approaching you. The darkness attacks those who have the ability to threaten it," she repeated.

"Regardless, the Organization has had its hands rather full the past few days. Otherwise, I would've thought that Raixon would want to explain a good deal of this himself. Wielders of the Keyblade are key players in the eternal battle between light and darkness."

"Within that struggle, they choose sides, and in doing so, they forget the true purpose of the Keyblade, which has no true allegiance to either the light or the darkness."

She nodded, gaining a bit of understanding of the situation. That didn't concern her now though, "What Organization?" She asked quizzically. Having never heard of this 'Organization' it was obvious she wouldn't know, but she felt like she had heard it before. Along with all the questions and confusion, déjà vu had been thrown into the mix as well. Oh how the headache got worse by the minute.

As Aiko waited for a response she contentedly examined Yuxara's facial features. A slight smile flashed onto her face. She's so beautiful, way more than I am... Wait, what are you thinking? Since when was this relevant? Aiko shook her head, clearing the thoughts from her mind. In comparison, the girl stood no chance to Yuxara appearance-wise.

She had short choppy, chestnut colored hair, her lips were naturally downturned, making her look pouty most of the time. Her nose was small, almost too small, which she didn't take much pride in, it seemed irregular, its tip was also perpetually red. Her cheekbones weren't as prominent as most other's, making her cheeks seem a little bit more... squishy. Her eyes were small, and naturally slanted due to her ethnicity, she had dark bags under her eyes and eyebrows that were on the thicker side of thin. Her whole face showed the amount of sensitivity and emotional reactivity in her which she didn't admire at all. Her skin tone was nigh upon milk-white, with a bit if apricot shade mixed in.

Someone might say she looked cute, but in the mirror, Aiko saw someone who didn't look confident enough. Independent enough. Strong enough. By this time it would have been obvious that she had low self-esteem, which further increased the skepticism that she had earned the Keyblade. However in Yuxara's eyes, she wouldn't have known much of that without being very observational, in which case she probably did.
Cynthiera (played by Cynthiera)

Cynthiera defensively held the casting sword to her chest as she procedurally returned to the inside of her house. She sat down at a small round table in her kitchen, waiting for the others to sit as well.

"I hope that you are not upset." Cynthiera mumbled. "Why must you look at the weapon?" She asked the Moogle, holding the casting sword closely. Cynthiera was not happy with the Moogle's deal, the hooded person didn't want the two to know where her weapon came from, and that would perhaps tip them off.

Frankly, Cynthiera was more afraid of the hooded person than she was of the two before her. She didn't believe that they would hurt her in any way; the hooded person on the other hand seemed much more malicious.
And in fact, the Nobody did. Yuxara was vaguely interested in the demeanor with which this girl carried herself. Meek. Insecure. Flighty. Not like any other wielder that she had seen and met before. Wielders inclined to the light were often brash and naive, while wielders inclined to the darkness were more reserved. Both types often became reckless, and both sides shared a sort of stability in their own identity and an acceptance of what they were. She herself was no exception. But this girl seemed to deviate from what baseline normalcy the Nobody had noticed. "'The Organization' is merely what we call ourselves," Yuxara simply explained, her baseline expression remaining unchanged. "We do what we can to remain out of the affairs of the other worlds, but in something as large as a world falling to the darkness, we have no choice but to intervene. A balance must be kept, in both ourselves as well as the remnants of the World."
Ritsuka (played by Monkeycyborgninja) Topic Starter

"Why, what do you mean why, because it looks like a grade A weapon!" Moguri replied with obvious excitement. "I liked to think that my Casting sword is pretty high quality, but just looking at yours makes mine look like a cheap knock off, I gotta have a closer look!"

"But, that can wait till later if you're not up for it right now." Ritsuka said, forcing Moguri to take a seat at the table as he did the same. "So, you wanted to know what exactly is going on here right?" He asked. "Well, I guess we should start with ourselves then. You see, Moguri and I aren't from here, and I don't just mean this town. Believe it or not, there are hundreds, thousands... billions of other worlds besides this one, and that's where we came from, another world." Ritsuka paused to let that fact sink in before moving on.

"All of the worlds are walled off from each other, and there are very few ways of traveling between them, so most people don't even know there are other worlds. Az for us... we know about them because of this." Ritsuka raised his hand and summoned his Keyblade, "Waning Crescent", for her to see. "This is called a Keyblade, it's a very special kind of casting sword that can open pathways between the worlds. Only a few, chosen people can wield the Keyblade, and those that do are given the responsibility of overseeing the balance between light and darkness." Ritsuka then dismissed his Keyblade.

"That's why we're here, the fact that the Heartless are here means that the balance is in danger, and we're traveling the worlds to figure out why." He finished the explanation, surely this must have been a lot to take in, and the fact that he was telling her any of this was a huge violation of the rules Master Yen Sid gave them, but it couldn't be helped, if he didn't tell her, she would just keep worrying and the Heartless would never stop chasing her, what else could he do.

After the explanation, Cynthiera was clearly less tense, but she was still in a very dangerous mood. She shook her head and said "That sounds like a silly fairy-tale." with skepticism. "Well, I can't argue against it." She noted.

"If there are billions of worlds, why are we so unlucky? How did I get involved?" Cynthiera pouted.

"Uhm, well Moguri, I guess that you can look at it." Cynthiera sighed, nervousness in her voice. "I don't know much about it, really." She said as she handed it to the Moogle.

"Really, awesome, kupo!" Moguri exclaimed as he excitedly snatched the blade away, floating off to examine it.

"It's not really about luck, it's about location." Ritsuka replied. "Have you ever wondered why this world is in a constant state of twilight, why day and night never seem to come. This world is place perfectly in between the Realm of Light and the Realm Darkness, so when the balance is threatened, signs of it usually appear here first. As for how you got involved, that really was just bad luck. The Heartless are attracted to the darkness within people's hearts... and there is darkness within every heart." He said ominously, somewhat parroting how his master had explained it to him.

"But mostly, it's probably because of us, kupo." Moguri chimed in, floating upside down between them before returning to his tinkering.

"Uh, yeah, those Heartless outside your home, they were probably after us." Ritsuka admitted with a scratch to the back of his head, a nervous, guilty look on his face. "You see, fighting the Heartless is a big part of our job as Keyblade Wielders, so the Heartless are naturally afraid of the Keyblade and will do anything to eliminate any wielder they come across. So, as long as you don't hang around us, you shouldn't be attacked anymore... and now knowing that, probably means you want us to get out of your hair as soon as possible, huh?" Ritsuka assumed, an embarrassed, almost solemn look on his face.

"I definitely would, kupo." Moguri stated as he placed the weapon on the table by Cynthiera. "Man, I tell you, that is one finely made casting sword you have there, the metal is crazy rare, the Energy Crystal could've been cut better, but it's still an exceptional weapon, kupo. Does it have a name, kupo?" Moguri inquired, floating over next to the girl.

"I don't understand." Cynthiera complained. "There is darkness in my heart?" She asked, somewhat insulted. "What would throw the balence of light and dark off?" Cynthiera wanted to understand more.

"Besides, they came after me before you two appeared. I don't wish for my heart to be that dark." Cynthiera fret, imagining some evil force resting inside of her heart.

"Well, how will you get rid of them?" Cynthiera asked jauntly. "If you need any help, I would be glad to end this as soon as possible." She elaborated.

"Energy Crystals?" Cynthiera was confused about what the Moogle was saying. "Who name's their weapons?" Cynthiera giggled lightly, making fun of the foreign idea.

"Ah- well, I do hope that you will not get punished for telling me this. It was quite the secret just moments ago." Cynthiera pointed out

"Sorry, but that's just the way things are, light and darkness exist in balance within every heart, so the Heartless will attack anyone who even has a heart. So don't worry, whatever darkness is in your heart I'm sure it's not any more dangerous than the darkness within anyone else's." Ritsuka assured.

"What do you mean who, a good weapon needs a name, even Keyblades have names, kupo!" Moguri insisted with a defiant huff.

"It's true, my Keyblade is named "Waning Crescent"." Ritsuka confirmed. "Keyblades come with their own names, and people usually name weapons with importance, so if your sword doesn't already have one, I don't see why you can't name it yourself." He suggested.

"As for getting rid of the Heartless, I honestly don't know. We have no idea what could be causing them to act up so much, the answer probably isn't even in this world." Ritsuka admitted with a thoughtful expression.

"We don't know about getting rid of them, but we can probably suppress them in this world for the time being, kupo." Moguri added.

"That's right, usually when the Heartless attack a world like this, they're being led by a big and powerful Heartless. If we take that out, they should calm down enough that they'll only attack someone with a lot of darkness in their hearts, or just Keyblade wielders like us." Ritsuka explained.

Meanwhile, little did anybody know that the hooded figure from before was standing on the roof of Cynthiera's house, somehow able to listen to the entire conversation.

"Hmph, and on that note," He said before snapping his fingers. Suddenly, the whole town began to shake, it could even be felt within Cynthiera's home.

"Speaking of which, kupo." Moguri said as he and Ritsuka rushed outside to see what the commotion was about. They were instantly met with a dark cloud hanging over another section of the town, citizens running in the opposite direction of it.

"Guess that's our cue to get going." Ritsuka said before turning back to Cynthiera. "This is going to be really dangerous Cynthiera, but if you really want to help us protect your world, then just follow us." He state before exchanging a nod with Moguri and heading towards the Sandlot, where the dark cloud hung over.

With a quick nod, Aiko acknowledged her. She was trapped within Yuxara's gaze as the woman analyzed her. The eyes convinced Aiko that the Nobody was angel sent from heaven. Except angels probably didn't wear black robes and claim to be apart of a mysterious 'Organization' however the girl felt innately drawn to the other. She couldn't quite place it, it was a characteristic that she could sense, but she couldn't see.

Apart from that, the girl finally broke her gaze and glanced around the room, sighing, the white still hurt her eyes. Turning back to Yuxara, Aiko demanded an answer to her previous question. Putting on her best annoyed look possible, she crossed her arms, "You still haven't told me why you've kept me in here," moving closer she stood on her tip-toes again. Aiko puffed out her cheeks, "You better tell me or... or, errr... uhm," She hummed in annoyance, why couldn't her brain throw a small threat out there? It wasn't much needed, but she added it for dramatic flare, instead it was more of a slightly dramatic fail.
The tinge on Yuxara's eyes shifted, and though the rest of her expression didn't change, Aiko got the sense that the Nobody was vaguely amused by the failed threat. "We've kept you here for the time being mainly because there was hardly anywhere else we could put you without having to watch you. We have been busy shadowing the disturbances of the darkness and making sure no other worlds end up like yours, and there are only so many of us." She glanced towards the other side of the room, empty for know, contemplating the darkness that had come from there. "The balance of the room shifts every so often, but I didn't believe that the darkness had the initiative to pursue the both of us. We must've been quite the beacon to it."

Her gaze returned back to Aiko. "Again, I cannot tell you for sure why you were taken. For certain it is because you are a Keyblade Wielder, but that alone isn't a very good reason. I just assume that Raixon sensed something in you that will move him to ask you to join us."

Cynthiera shrugged off their comments about naming a weapon. It seemed silly to her, to name a simple item. Cynthiera retorted to Ritsuka's following comment about the source of the disturbance probably not being in the world, saying "What- that hardly makes sense?"

"I sure hope they're not after anybody I know." Cynthiera worried about her fellow townspeople. "I don't think they would have much darkness in them though." She clearified.

The Earth began to rumble. "Waah-~" Cynthiera fell out of her chair and quickly, but clumsily stood, regaining her balence. "Earthquake?" She gasped as the two escaped her house. Cynthiera soon followed. To her dismay, there was a massive commotion, the sky was black, the world was terrifying.

"Protect my world?! Of course!" Cynthiera demanded of herself, merely ignoring the inevitable danger. Cynthiera followed the two to the Sandlot, as she attempted to mentally prepare herself for the oncoming threat.

She had given up on trying to piece anything together at this point. The only thing she understood was the 'joining' part. Aiko had an even worse look of puzzlement on her face. Why would this Raixon guy ask for her? She wasn't any help, was it because she had the Keyblade? Yeah, that was it, nothing more nothing less.

The girl shook her head, "I don't wanna join, the cloaks are too... form-fitting," As she said this, Aiko looked Yuxara up and down skeptically. She wouldn't look good in something like that, of course her logical side said, "Hey! Why are you basing your opinion of the group by their clothing?" Nonetheless, Aiko simply didn't have the dreamiest body, she didn't like her curves. She wished she was as thin as the other girls at her school. Everytime she tried to lose weight, her body wouldn't cooperate, it must've been in her genes.

Her redeeming quality was her intelligence, which was above average. At the moment, however, it didn't really shine through, as all aspects of the current moment didn't coincide with her world's perception of logic. Sitting down, Aiko sighed, "No more questions, my head hurts," she brought her hands up to her temples and massaged them.

OOC
((She thicc tho. On that note however, I think this character will be a big ball of low self-esteem due to all the things women don't think men like. The worst part is that I feel like it's a sin that I know this because I'm male. This is like a female incarnation of myself except instead of females liking the stuff I have... they don't))
Yuxara actually smiled with a sound that was halfway between a chuckle and a scoff. It sounded strained, almost, but the Nobody looked genuinely amused. "Is that really the problem you have?" she asked skeptically. "Though if I may be frank, the more you learn to fight, the less you'll be worrying about your body and the more you'll find yourself becoming more comfortable about it." Her words were blunt, and Aiko may realize that she immediately understood the line of thinking, understood the immediate qualm about the cloak fitting Aiko's rounded physique.

After she got over what small laughing spell that almost-but-hadn't-quite happened, Yuxara touched her lips gently, a reminiscent expression passing over her face. "How long has it been since I've laughed?" she asked herself in a soft, low voice. "Feelings are strange without a heart..." she trailed off, as if searching for something that she wasn't aware of, but her memory grasped at nothing. She seemed to shake herself off, looking back up at Aiko.

"Maybe if I explain more, you can choose for yourself whether you want to join us or not," she sighed. She pulled one of the white chairs in the room and sat, gesturing for Aiko to sit in the other. "First, disregard anything that anyone has ever told you about how your world came to be." she paused to let those words sink in. "What do you know about Kingdom Hearts?"

Aiko treated herself to a small smile as the Nobody laughed, she wanted to ask what she meant when she said Without a heart' but restrained herself. As Yuxara attempted to reminisce, Aiko stretched her arms, shoulders popping quietly. A satisfied sigh escaped her as she let her arms drop to her sides.

Oh, it had been too long since she had friendly contact with a human being, even if Yuxara wasn't one, at least she could talk. Her hikikomori lifestyle back home left her introverted, it was worse when she had gotten a few friends, for when she was away from them she felt... empty, scared.

Wiping the thought from her mind as the woman asked her about Kingdom Hearts, she instead tried to recall anything she heard. Given the way she shut herself in she was pretty sure she had heard of it, wasn't it a game? No... it was some other media, like a manga or whatever. She offered that, "I think it was a sort of media where I lived, there was a sequel that was taking forever to make, too bad it'll never be made now," She mock prayed to gods above for Netsuya Tomura one of the best RPG producers ever.

Aiko felt that that wasn't the answer Yuxara wanted, she continued to brainstorm with no success. Shrugging she shook her head, "Nope, never heard of it,"

Ritsuka rushed through Market Street to the Sandlot, Moguri and Cynthiera close behind. Once they arrived they were met with the sight of a giant Heartless stomping around the stage where a Struggle Tournament had just been held. The Heartless towered over the trio, taking the form of an indigo suit of armor, its parts detached and floating around it just close enough to make the vague shape of a humanoid figure. The Heartless Emblem could be seen on either side of its torso, and its hammer like feet stomped around, creating the shockwaves that were felt all throughout the town. The Powered Armor then sensed the presence of the new hearts and turned its attention to the trio, brandishing its sharp fingers preparing for battle.

"Alright, let's do this you guys!" Ritsuka declared as he summoned his Keyblade, prompting the Powered Armor to go on the offensive. The Heartless began marching forward, creating shockwaves with each step as it swiped its disembodied arms at Ritsuka. The boy evaded each strike by Dodge Rolling away, once the creature stopped its attack, Ritsuka leaped up and landed three aerial slashes on the Armor's head before landing back on the ground and retreating as it began stomping around again. However, this time Moguri began shooting Blizzara spells at it, gaining its attention as it turned in his direction.

"Come on Cynth, let's give him an opening, kupo!" Moguri declared as he floated over to Cynthiera and began casting Blizzara, holding it out for her to cast with him.
((lol I like what you did there XD))

Yuxara let out a small breath through her nose, presumably a sigh. She glanced away, her gaze drawn to something apparently beyond the walls of the white room, as Aiko could see nothing else. For a few moments she contemplated something before turning back to face Aiko.

"Kingdom Hearts," she said the name with a touch of reverence. "No one has ever been able to define what it is for sure. Some say it's a force that is beyond reckoning, some say that it is the power and strength that those with hearts tap into in the throes of their emotion, and some say that it is a benevolent entity under which everyone can live peacefully." She paused to form her next words, looking down at her lap momentarily as she did so. "Regardless of what it really is, all of the worlds that exist now or have ever existed were once united into one World, which basked under the benevolent energy and light of Kingdom Hearts."

The Nobody crossed her arms comfortably befor she began to speak once more. It had seemed that she had found her rhythm in the story, and there was a sincere conviction in her eyes, as if all of this was so important to her, and something which she believed Aiko needed to know in all its criticality.

"Kingdom Hearts had a counterpart, a weapon that was not only powerful in itself, but would grant its user access to Kingdom Hearts in all its power and glory. If a person had one counterpart, they could surely get the other. This weapon was called the x-blade. Of course, people wanted the x-blade and Kingdom Hearts, lured by the power it promised to have. Some wanted to protect Kingdom Hearts, others sought to claim it for themselves. Keyblades like yours and mine, imperfect replicas of the original x-blade, were created by those who tried to seek Kingdom Hearts without the x-blade. All of the fighting converged into a greatest cataclysm the World had ever seen, and we call it the Keyblade War. The power and damage that these wielders caused in their battle resulted in the World fracturing into hundreds of other smaller worlds, including the one that was yours, and as well as this one. It also caused the x-blade to shatter into twenty pieces, thirteen of darkness and seven of light. And with the destruction of its counterpart, Kingdom Hearts too was lost, and has been ever since."

She fell silent, as of mourning the great loss with a marked respect.

The presumed sigh surprised Aiko, was Yuxara opening up to her? She had barely met her a few minutes ago, that wasn't possible. No, she didn't have anything she could show to open up, her attitude and disposition seemed to keep anything and everything closed off behind an unbreakable shield.

As Yuxara began to speak about Kingdom Hearts, a question Aiko was starting was cut off. Nodding at the end of every sentence uttered, the girl decided she wouldn't try to make sense of what knowledge she had obtained. Instead she opened up to documents folder in her brain and stored the retained knowledge for organization at a later date. Once Yuxara had finished her long -winded explanation, Aiko stood, nodding with squinted eyes.

With a hum she stepped closer to Yuxara, bending over-of which she didn't have to do much-and coming face to face with her, "Why do you care about this Kingdom Hearts? What does your organization want to do with it, and how are they planning on getting it?" She asked, lips pursed suspiciously. Her voice was low, an attempt at intimidation, which was oddly irregular for Aiko to do. She felt just as irregular as the act was finished, her mind revolting at the attempt to be brave.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Kingdom Hearts: Scattered Fragments (Private RP)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus