Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Dead man rising (open)

Kenneth Wildner (played by Freyya) Topic Starter

"Sounds good to me." Wildner knew they could only stay for as long as their supplies would allow them - but for now they were safe again.
Finlay O'Brian (played anonymously)

Finlay lay out the supplies on the small living rooms floor, and began to separate them into categories, based on their uses. The whole project took her half and hour. They had 12 cans of beans, 3 boxes of kool-aid, 2 boxes of crackers, 9 tins of tuna, a tin of coffee, three tins of tea, a pack of bottled soda, three jars of jam, 1 flat of beer 1 jar of mayonnaise, and 2 flats of potato chips.

They also had an emergency car kit, 2 boxes of sanitary napkins, a bottle of shampoo, two boxes of soap, and an assortment of toiletries.

Finlay herself, had grabbed, an assortment of clothing, three large camping back packs, 2 flashlightes, a pack of batteries, rope, a box of matches, and a handful of candles.

When she was done, Wildner whistled. "Now, We can go on for a few days with those supplies." We should ration though, god knows how long we'll have to wait for the next supply raid."

Finlay agreed. It would be best to be frugal with the supplies. It seemed like a lot, but if they weren't careful, they would likely go through it in a matter of days.

"Well then." Wildner said. "Who wants some beans?"
Despite their situation, he smiled. They were going to sit peacefully and eat beans while being surrounded by a zombie-filled metropolis.

Finlay picked up one of the cans of beans and took it to the small, shoe box sized kitchen. She pulled out a pan, and turned on the stove. She was used to cooking, god knows her parents had never helped out around the house.

Wildner looked out the window. seemed peaceful enough, for now at least. He checked his rifle ammo. more than enough bullets left, and he always had his pistol if he ever ran out. He dragged a table to a window and positioned his rifle on a tripod, aimed outside. that way he'd just have to aim and shoot if they were to be under attack. He kept his pistol and his knife holstered, just in case.
Liam (played anonymously)

Twenty minutes later, there were small bowls of beans in each of their hands, and three glasses of raspberry kool-aid. Liam hadn't realized how hungry he'd become, and happily scarfed down his portion.

Wildner smiled when he saw Liam eat.
"Thanks for the cooking Fin!"

Fin smiled in reply. She didn't mind cooking, made her feel useful. She happily nibbled on her own food, and sipped her kool-aid.

Wildner finished his food and put the dishes by the sink.
"I better check the street again." He said, as he walked past the others to look through the window. When he came back a little while later, he said: "Seems clear for now. I saw a couple of zombies, but I'm pretty sure we're in the clear for now. They don't know we're here."

That at the very least was good news. Finlay would definitely sleep better tonight, knowing there weren't any zombies stalking close by their location.

"Fin, you can get some rest if you want. Liam, I'll take first watch."

Finlay happily obliged, and went to sleep quickly on her cot.

Liam nodded. Not quite ready to sleep yet, he spent some time, cleaning the guns he'd used over the last day, before he too fell asleep in Finlay's Parent's old room. He set an alarm, so he wouldn't miss his watch duty.

The small group had stayed at the house for four days, without anything eventful happening. There was the constant threatof zombies, of course, but they had what they needed and weren't leaving the house for any reason. No need to draw unnessecary attention to themselves.

One night, when Wildner was on guard duty, he noticed movement in the shadows. He couldn't put his finger on what it was however. He dimmed the lights and went over to Liam.
"Hey, wake up," He whispered, "We've got company."

Liam shot awake, and was only momentarily groggy. Slipping on his jeans he came to the window, shot gun in hand.

"I don't know how many there are, but it's definately not zombies. They move to coördinated. They may have seen our lights, so I dimmed them, but it might be they're just sneaking about. Keep an eye out, I'm waking Fin."

Wildner went to Fin's bedroom and knocked on the door. "Fin, are you awake?"

Finlay was slower to wake. With a low groan, she sat up slowly and rubbed at her eyes. What had caused her to wake up....a knock! She went to the door quickly and flung it open. Her eyes wide, fearing the worst, that perhaps they were surrounded by the hoard or something.

Liam peered through the windows, trying to catch sight of whatever was moving around out in the dark.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Dead man rising (open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus