Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Dead man rising (open)

Finlay O'Brian (played anonymously)

....Fin had the screwdriver, that could get the bullet out, though it certainly wouldn't be pleasant. Fin handed Rodrick the screwdriver with shaky hands.
Rodrik Deverton (played by Pirate)

Rodrik nodded at Fin with a stern look on his face as he took the screwdriver from her, taking deep breaths. He knew what he had to do, and it wasn't going to tickle. Especially not with five hicks closing in on their possition. He didn't quite fear for the pain he was about to bring himself, but wounds like these had to burned closed.

Once he was done taking deep breaths and his hands were less shaky, Rodrik didn't hesitate one second and jam the screwdriver into the bullet wound. A scream escaped his lips, though he tried to remain as quiet as possible. The screwdriver searches around, tearing through his flesh in search for the steel intruder. More blood gushed out of his wound, and his face proclaimed agony.

Soon enough he reached the bullet, and scooped it out after much trouble. The bullet flew out of his arm straight into muddy creak, more blood following after it.
Kenneth Wildner (played by Freyya) Topic Starter

Wildner saw everyone's hesitation on how to take out five adversaries, whom were now quickly closing in on them. There was no doubt that they'd heard that scream. He just gritted his teeth. He could easily take them out on his own, but the risk of getting at least wounded was high. he looked around the group. He figured Rodrik wasn't going to be able to do much right after getting that bullet out. Claudia was still hurting from just haveing her shoulder dislocated and Fin didn't have a weapon. Liam could still shoot, though.

"I think I can take them out..." He said, choosing his words carefully. "If I crawl along this ditch, I can get past them. When they're almost on this position, I can take the shot."
Liam (played anonymously)

Liam, as soon as he had his bearings would get his gun at the ready, and drop down low by Kenneth, looking at him, asking him what he wanted him to do, without words of course.

That had to be the most awful thing Fin had ever had to watch...well maybe not the worst, but it was right up there.

She Looked around immediately, for anything they could burn him with. The couple of times she'd had to do it, she'd taken the poker from the fireplace at home. Perhaps a cigarette would work? But then that would likely cause infection. And a lighter on his own, would probably do more damage to the skin, then actually work to stop the bleeding... but wait, up until a moment ago, the car had been running, for some time, would the metal in there not be hot enough to burn? She would ask quietly.
Claudia's thoughts were blinded from the searing pain in her shoulder. She watched as the 2 men were ready to shoot and how Fin wasn't even scared at all, helping Rodrik to not bleed out. Coming to her senses, she saw the wheels turning in Fins eyes. "What are you thinking? Any good ideas? Cigarettes wouldn't work from infection, besides this hole is too big anyways for that." She looked around at the vehicle, light white smoke moved off of the hood.

Rodrik heard them close in. He had to help! He had never felt so powerless before as he did now. They were supposed to head for safety, and now the redhead couldn't even protect him. His eyes widened at Fin's suggestion."No..." He uttered. He had already been through so much pain, but he realized it was either endure some more, or die."I've no choice, do I?" He asked rhetorically. He knew what had to be done.

Heat was one of the few things that could actually scare Rodrik. Ironic how it was supposed to save his life now. A bit of luck for him was that the hood of the engine was bent and could easily open and was out of the hicks' sight. As he kneeled down into the mud and got acces to the engine, it was still running. Surprisingly, being the man Rodrik is, he knew nothing of the interior of a car, but he saw a thick copper rod that would do the trick. He swallowed a dry spell through his throat as he was feeling light headed. Was it because of the blood loss, or fear? If one could see his face now, he or she would believe it's from the latter.

"I..I can't do..." He closed his eyes and gritted his teeth, taking some deep breaths before smashing his shoulder against the rod as loud 'sisssssss' could be heard, as if someone had a barbeque.

The scream that followed was a mixture of fear and agony, just like the tears that ran over his cheeks. His free hand scratched over side of the jeep. If he had long nails, no doubt he'd make some deep scratches. After a while he yanked his shoulder off of the rod. Perhaps he burned his wound for too long, for the rod was covered in fragments of flesh, blood and skin.

It was sanitairy, but the wound was closed at least. He had a big ugly black mark on shoulder that probably going to stay for the rest of his life. The redhead collapsed into the creek, his eyes shut tight. That agony was something he could barely endure.

Fin only flinched slightly at what he'd done. She'd unfortunately experienced this once or twice before. She wasn't all that surprised that he'd gone down after, the times she'd done it she'd passed out.

She would go to check on him anyway, as well as pull out her own small handgun from her pocket, just in case.
(currently moving across the country sorry for my absense.)

Claudia heard the sizzling when she moved away from the two of them. Fin had control of this and knew what she was doing so it seemed. "Do you need help with anything?" She asked quietly, the men moving closer to them.

"Liam, stay put. assist when I get in trouble."
Kenneth started moving through the ditch, making sure the punks didn't see them. They obviously weren't very organized, but one can never know. Once he got behind their line of sight, he moved from the ditch towards them. Here goes nothing...

He started running, and shot one of the punks cleanly through the head. he then grabbed hold of another by his neck and pulled him back from the others, his pistol pressed against his temple. "What do you want?" he asked calmly, but threateningly.

These men were not punks, they wore overalls and straw hats. They were hicks wearing two barreled shotguns. When they turned around to Kenneth, he could see how ugly they were. Two youngsters with at least four chins and cross eyed eyes, teeth sticking out of their lips and a rather dumb expression. Kenneth had shot one of the brothers and was now holding an elder man.

"Let go ' our pops, soldier boy!" One of them called out. Apparently they didn't care much for their dead brother."This's our place now, ya lil' shit." They aimed their guns at Kenneth, ignoring what danger could be in the ditch. This was the chance to shoot them.
Liam (played anonymously)

Liam stayed where he was, on Kenneth's order. Gun trained on the approaching hicks, in case one of them tried to but a bullet through Kenneth, who'd just made short work, or one of the younger men. When the remaining ones raised their guns again, training them on Wildner, Liam would quickly take out the one closest to him.

Kenneth, recognizing the situation, quickly shot the other one through the head. He then proceeded to shoot the elder man he was holding in the foot and threw him down, aiming at his face. "Are you crazy? There are zombies abroad, and you choose to attack possibly the only survivors in the country!?"

The old man seemed to be quite calm, though he breathed heavily. The sight of his fellows being shot did at least something on him."Ye city folk ain't welcome 'ere. All my life ye been lookin' down on us rednecks. 'N now that th' worlds gone ta shit, ya'll invade our homes 'n burn our crops! Get yer noggin's back where they came from 'n leave us be!"

At that moment the old farmer attempted to swap Kenneth's gun away and bolt off. But as he got up, Rodrik did too, going for his gun. As soon as the man bolted, Rodrik shot from down the ditch, shooting him through the lungs a couple of times as he looked rather groggy.

Kenneth shot the man clean through the head and sighed. "People do stupid things for even more stupid reasons..."

Right after the shots it looked like the man's knees were about to give in. Rodrik's burn wound looked awful as well as painful, with bits of scorched skin and pus still sticking to it. His breathing was heavy."Did... Did they have a car?" He asked weakly."If they..they're on foot... their home must be close by... food... shelter..."

Fin shook her head. "No car that I can see, they must live close by.... what if there are more though? She was getting a little weary of people shooting at them. It had been a long couple of days.

Wildner went over to Rodrik and went to support him. He guided him to a hood of a nearby car that was abandoned by its previous owners and set him down. "We should probably check it out. I didn't see or hear a car either." he wasn't sure though. "How far do you reckon we are from the city?"

Rodrik leaned against the car. His wound was throbbing. The way he burned it close wasn't the most sanitary way. He'd get sick for sure. But he seemed to be getting back to reality. His sight wasn't woozy anymore, and he could stand on his own again.

"F-Far enough." He coughed."I-If we can take those... those people shooting assf´^ks out, I say we do it... T-there's enough scum on the world as it is."

"Yeah, you're right. We should check it out, if only to treat that properly." He looked back at the others. "Everyone allright with that?" he asked.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Dead man rising (open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus