Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » A Day in the Desert(OPEN)

Ender (played by InnocentByStander)

(Feel free to enter. The pathways are up to you to create, the scenery what you think a laboratory should look like. Yes, it is one of my characters labs, but I had not really given much thought to but a few rooms. Enjoy)

The hot midday sun burned down upon the golden ocean; heat radiating from the very grounds below. A gusting breeze tears through the barren landscape kicking up small dust devils here and there. There was no end to the heat, no end to sand just hell on Earth as far as the eye could possibly see. The only relief from the hellacious brightness of the sun was a pinpoint of silvery light in the distance. What was that?

Upon further inspection, venturing more closely, it would be found there was a dome of silvery solar panels that crackled with electricity and a hint of something more; an air or arcane mystery about the very object. In its side there was a door that was slightly ajar, and inside a scene that told a story of struggle. The white walls were marked with black splotches, as if a fireball had exploded there. A hallway led to a set of stairs that led deeper into the seemingly deeper compound.

As one would venture even deeper mechanical whirring and computers processing could be heard. All corridors would lead to a singular point, regardless of which one was taken. A large white room, about one hundred yards in every direction, would now be center stage. The room was very plain, nothing lining the walls; but in the center stood a chamber with its front glass frosted over. If one were to look just good enough, they would make out a humanoid form. The machine was covered in archaic writings of the Drow. As well as other runic etching the was from some other realm. There was a keypad and monitor to the left of the machine with wires running to the chamber. The screen read out some information on vital signs and other miscellaneous information. One word stuck out at the top of the screen.

Ender

What are you actions? Ender has been waiting for quite some time now.
Kenneth Wildner (played by Freyya)

Wildner didn't know what to make of the word, he hadn't heard of it before. He left the computer alone and explored the rest of the room. His Rifle was slung over his shoulder, but he kept his pistol in his hand the whole time. Where are the inhabitants? he wondered.
There were no bodies to be found, and in this hellish landscape - he refused to believe that they simply left.
Ender (played by InnocentByStander) Topic Starter

A presence lit up in his sub-consciousness; he attempted to stir but his involuntary cryo-sleep put all stops to that. The presence moved away from the console. However, he became suddenly aware that the male was not the only presence.

In the days before his entrapment his laboratory was thriving, assistants galore, and he was on the verge of taming the Abyss. He was in deep meditation within’ this very chamber; his mind searching out for the final connection to the very Abyss. A great portal tore open in the large white room and all hell broke loose. Abyssal creatures poured forth upon this reality from their own and destroyed everyone; save for Ender. He was protected by the very runes upon the cryo-chamber. After all was done, the creatures moved into the deeper parts of the lab that spread throughout nearly every inch of the desert. And now…

A low growl could be heard from a corridor to the Eastern side of the room; still a long distance away, but getting closer.

Ender attempted to stir again but was still unable.

Wildner spun around to face the growling, but there was nothing there except for the small corridor. And he didn't trust that corridor.
He kept his pistol aimed at it and took out his LED light, pointing it to the dark hole.

(Sorry for the wait , sir. Been busy with the family.)

The growl grew louder and louder until finally the darkness in the corridor began to swirl and eight red, beady eyes lit up in the darkness. It crept from the darkness and was revealed. It was as dark as night, eight legs running up to a horrid bodice. A giant Abyssal spider, about the size of a small SUV. It growled again and moved forwards slowly; apparently a very arrogant creature.

Ender attempted to stir again, his fingers twitched and a surge of excitement sprang through his subconscious mind. Hopefully he could break free before this man was eaten alive!

(Don't worry about it, family goes first ;) )

Wildners blood froze.
the spider had him completely by surprise, but his instinct for survival resurfaced.
"I'm gonna need a bigger gun." he quickly holstered his pistol and shook his rifle of his shoulder. looking through the attached red dot, he immediately took the shot.
"bullseye" he said, as one of the creatures' eyes exploded. he then quickly ran from cover to cover, shooting at the monster everytime he got up again.

The spider roared in agony as its eye exploded; front legs rearing up into the air as it shrieked, each bullet piercing its hide but doing no serious damage. Its blood ran onto the ground and seemed to boil as it began to eat through the floor; Acid. The spider began to move forward, its mandibles clicking in what seemed like anger.

Ender struggled to slip free from his cryo-sleep. His unconsciousness gently melted into a hazy consciousness; a pulse spread out from the chamber in the center.

”You have to get to the keypad. Key in the release code; you’re going to need more than bullets regular bullets to kill that spider! The code is 9852-4567-85137!”

The pulse seemed to effect the spider; whereas it began to falter in its movements. But it still moved forwards, its intent to eat and digest the man.

instinctively, Wildner made a roll through the spider's legs and got up, running for the keypad. He quickly entered the code, then jumped aside to evade another of the spiders' lunges. He shot a volley of bullets at the creature while running along the room's outer wall.

The spider roared, each pulse seeming to make it angrier and slower. As such, the roll between the legs came unhindered. The loud keystrokes of the keypad seemed to resonate loudly through the large white room.

Ender twitched violently as the cryo-sleep was disengaged and he was finally set free. He needed to be careful, he’d been asleep for quite some time. The front of the chamber hissed open and Ender stumbled to the floor. He looked around quickly and once he’d found the man, he tossed something in his direction. It was black and about three inches long, tipped in a shiny point. It was a bullet, forged from the finest magics and rarest minerals of the Abyss. This alone could kill the spider. Ender struggled to stand, but his legs were still going through the accelerated recovery from his muscles being atrophied.

”Quick, that bullet will kill it!”

Since his pistol generated its own bullets in the chamber, Wildner put it away and quickly took his rifle from his back. Whilst running around to avoid the spider, He furiously attempted loading the bullet into the chamber of his ASR. When he finally succeeded, he turned around and found the spider jumping at him.He threw himself backwards to let the monster fly over his head. When he landed on the floor, he quickly rolled at the side and aimed at the spider.

"Take this you ugly ass motherfucker!" He shot the bullet, which penetrated several limbs before it lodged firmly into the spider's head. The creature dropped to the floor, curling up its remaining legs and going slightly grey. It's done...
Then he remembered the man who'd thrown him the bullet. He rose and ran over to him. "Are you allright?"

The spider lurched and fell to the ground, blood oozing and burning the floor as it slowly died. And that was it, the spider was dead and Ender….finally free.

Wildner spoke and Ender hesitated a moment before canting his head slightly to the left, his neck cracking loudly from the motion.

In time…I will be. For now, about fifty percent.

He stood slowly on shaking legs and turned his crimson gaze upon the stranger.

I am Ender…what are you doing here?

The Drow were not known for their politeness.

"I was looking for a place to escape the hot wasteland outside when I found this lab." he replied. apparently it's not as safe as I thought it to be.

Ender simply offered a nod in reply as he steadied himself, legs no longer shaking. He looked around and muttered under his breath.

Very well. Did you see any more of those creatures on your way through? There are quite a few roaming about now.

Ender moved to the Eastern wall beside the darkened corridor. His hands slid in an intricate pattern as the wall opened up, revealing a rack of guns and armor. He removed one, and handgun, and tossed it to the man and retrieved one for himself. (The gun itself is chamber for .45 caliber shells.)

It would be best that, if you intend to stay, you carry that gun. And these.

Ender also tossed a few extra magazines; each with a fourteen round capacity. He tucked his gun into a leg holster and retrieved a tanto dagger and strapped it to his belt. Blades were the only normal weapon that could really hurt the creatures.

Now to the business of cleaning up his mess. Ender held his right palm out and an orb crackled into view then blinked out. His magic was down, for now. Looks like it was hunting the old way. He began to walk into the dark corridor.

I didn’t catch your name, stranger.

Wildner followed the strange man.
"My name is Kenneth Wildner. Who might you be, and what in god's name is this place?"

(Many, many aplogies on the long wait, sir.)

Ender nodded in reply.

I am Ender, and this place is my laboratory. Built throughout the entire expanse of the desert and descending into the world, in some points, as close as the core. This is a place of vast experiments; each a little more disturbing than the last.

Could it be that he was a mad scientist? Well, mad yes. Scientist? Hardly. He was more of a crazed mage.

Regardless, it’s a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Mr. Wildner. I’ve been locked in that chamber for quite some time.

(Don't worry about it :) )

Wildner cocked his head slightly and thought for a second. Where can one find the resources to build a lab so vast... "How did you get out?"

Well, when you put in the code on that console it allowed me to get out of the cryosleep fully. If you hadn’t shown up I’m not sure how long I’d have stayed in there.

Ender spoke as he continued to move. The corridor got darker the deeper they went, it appeared the power was out in this part of the lab. However, in the distance there was a pinpoint of light.

There’s another room up ahead. I’m not sure of the damage and I’m not feeling any fo the creatures around. We may be in the clear for a while.

"What are these creatures anyway? and how many are there?"

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » A Day in the Desert(OPEN)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus