Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Lightning Round RP (OPEN, play now!)

Safiye (played by Kim) Topic Starter

What is lightning round RP?
A lightning round is about ENERGY and excitement and having a great time with your friends.

What is it not?
It is not about trying to look cool or prestigious by crafting epicly long, careful posts. It is not about worrying whether your posts are good enough or judging otherpeople. You will have to leave all pretentions at the door to keep up!

What are the rules?
  1. When it is your turn, you have a maximum of five minutes to post. Otherwise, your turn will be skipped. Ideally, you should be posting within 60 seconds of it being your turn. No joke. See instructions below for how to best accomplish this.
  2. To limit the length of posting rounds, only 5 characters may be in the RP at one time.
  3. If you have to get up from your computer for any reason, you MUST have your character exit the scene.
  4. If you are able to return while the RP is still ongoing and there is an open slot (remember, 5 characters at a time) you may re-enter.
  5. Only one character per person at a time.
  6. When all characters exit the scene, the RP is over and the thread is closed. But feel free to start your own lightning round!

That sounds really fast! How do I keep up?
The best way to participate in a lightning round: As the first person posts, compose your response to them in a notepad. When the second person posts, edit your post in the notepad. When it comes to your turn, make any edits you need to respond to the person who went before you, and then paste in the post you had pre-typed. This means you will be engaged with the RP just about constantly. Full immersion, baby! No multitasking!

Also, to make certain you are seeing the posts as fast as possible, make sure you are using the chat.

The setting for this round
High fantasy, late medieval. A forest on the outskirts of Safiye's lands. Magical creatures welcome in this setting. No futuristic stuff or time travelers, please.

Try to make sure the character you choose to enter with matches the scene and setting. If you don't have a character that could work, there'll surely be a lightning round that suits you in the future. :)
Safiye (played by Kim)

What is lightning round RP?
A lightning round is about ENERGY and excitement and having a great time with your friends.

What is it not?
It is not about trying to look cool or prestigious by crafting epicly long, careful posts. It is not about worrying whether your posts are good enough or judging otherpeople. You will have to leave all pretentions at the door to keep up!

What are the rules?
  1. When it is your turn, you have a maximum of five minutes to post. Otherwise, your turn will be skipped. Ideally, you should be posting within 60 seconds of it being your turn. No joke. See instructions below for how to best accomplish this.
  2. To limit the length of posting rounds, only 5 characters may be in the RP at one time.
  3. If you have to get up from your computer for any reason, you MUST have your character exit the scene.
  4. If you are able to return while the RP is still ongoing and there is an open slot (remember, 5 characters at a time) you may re-enter.
  5. Only one character per person at a time.
  6. When all characters exit the scene, the RP is over and the thread is closed. But feel free to start your own lightning round!

That sounds really fast! How do I keep up?
The best way to participate in a lightning round: As the first person posts, compose your response to them in a notepad. When the second person posts, edit your post in the notepad. When it comes to your turn, make any edits you need to respond to the person who went before you, and then paste in the post you had pre-typed. This means you will be engaged with the RP just about constantly. Full immersion, baby! No multitasking!

Also, to make certain you are seeing the posts as fast as possible, make sure you are using the chat.

The setting for this round
High fantasy, late medieval. A forest on the outskirts of Safiye's lands. Magical creatures welcome in this setting. No futuristic stuff or time travelers, please.

Try to make sure the character you choose to enter with matches the scene and setting. If you don't have a character that could work, there'll surely be a lightning round that suits you in the future. :)

Early morning. The grey dawn still clings to the horizon, and fog still hung heavy between the trees.

Muffled hoofbeats on the damp moss heralded the approach of a massive black stallion, towering many hands above the average height for a noblewoman's riding beast. Safiye reigned in her steed near a brook that ran near the edges of her land, and paused, drawing back her fur-lined hood to squint into the fog.

EDIT: Clearly mornings are too early for you guys. :) I'm going to lock this post and reopen the lightning round tomorrow.
Luci (played by Minerva)

((*Taps the mic* Are we on now? I just have to figure out who to actually use if so. ))
Avary and Connery (played anonymously)

[ OOC: I will mainly use Avary in this post. I will make all her dialogue green though. If Connery enters, his dialogue will be brown to make it less confusing. ]

It was difficult to see the ground as she swept through the air. The quaker parrot was larger than her feral brethren, and save for a golden ring tight around her left leg nothing distinguished her from them.

It was time to eat, but it was too hard to make out anything in the fog and so she descended to the trees and sat on a thick branch about eight feet above the forest floor. Apples! She picked happily at one and followed it to the ground when it made a soft thud in the morning silence.

(I guess we're on! I was not expecting this to restart just now. o.o)

The horse snorted when the thick quiet was broken by the thud of an apple, its ears flicking in the direction of the noise. Safiye shifted in the saddle, her eyebrows arching as she caught sight of the giant bird. "And who might you be?" she calls out. Her voice is soft, but so commanding it could cut through any noise.

She enjoyed the apple very much, and it would be enough to keep her sated for the day if she didn't change. The snort through the mist alerted her and she hopped away, flapping her wings. The voice put her on edge, if only because she couldn't see its owner. She didn't sound very threatening though, despite the firmness of her words.

"Might be?" Ave couldn't speak properly in this form, but as a parrot it was useful being able to mimic a person's speech.

"What is your name?" Comes the immediate reply, aristocratic tones perhaps a little over-articulated for the clearly difficult (or dim) creature.

This wasn't going to work while hidden in mist, she could tell. Ave flew towards the source of the voice and once she spotted her, landed on a branch safely out of reach, but visible. Her head tilted. "Your name? Name?" She cawed softly.

Safiye's stare was flat and unamused. It was early. The silence had been disturbed. "Do you have language at all, or just mimicry?"

There went her plan to stay a bird. She checked the surroundings and found they were alone. Connery was off hunting his own food (something she didn't want to participate in as a herbivore) but nearby. Her body changed quickly, almost as if melting and expanding until her form was humanoid with a very innocent face of green and whites with a dash of blue. She sat on the branch and looked apologetically at the noblewoman. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend. It's hard to talk in that form."

The horse shifts again as the bird changes, pawing the mossy ground with a massive hoof. Safiye rides out the nervousness, without lifting a finger to comfort the beast.

"That's better. Your name, please."

She made Ave a little nervous. Most of her interactions were with commoners who were happy with a greeting. And often without one, too. "My name is Avary." Should she ask hers? Bow her head? "M-Ma'am."

She smiles. It's sweet. Her lips are soft, and pink, and cupid-bowed... And above them her eyes are hard as diamonds, shining with an intense intelligence that belies all the gentleness her rosie-cheeked face projects.

"Welcome Avary." Her head tips, black hair slipping over her shoulder. "Do you always eat other people's apples?"

Avary held her breath. Other people's apples? "I... No, I mean..." She looked a little helpless and as if caught with her hand down the cookie jar. "Are these your apples?"

"Oh yes. They're all my apples."

Depending on how long Avery has been traveling, she might understand the enormity of this statement. There are hundreds, perhaps thousands of acres of orchard and farmland in these parts.

"But we're both quite civilized, clearly. I'm certain we can smooth over this misunderstanding." She's smiling wider now. With teeth. It's beautiful and terrifying.

With no real concept of politics and property, she couldn't quite grasp the idea of how many apples were hers. "I didn't know, my apologies. But," she continued, hesitating there, "What of apples fallen and eaten by other animals?"

She arches an eyebrow. This is clearly an odd question to her sensibilities. "Their flesh becomes sweet, and the huntsmen bring them to my table. Boars are particularly good this season."

Her blood ran cold, imagining herself roasting on a spit. She didn't feel as comfortable as before anymore and got to her feet on the branch. "I will keep that in mind, ma'am. I.. I have to take my leave now. Farewell." She was halfway turned and ready to change back to her bird form mid-leap.

"That's very unfortunate," Safiye calls after her, sounding so politely disappointed, as if a picnic on a beautiful summer day had just been cancelled. "For there's still this little matter of the theft."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Lightning Round RP (OPEN, play now!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus