Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Of Myth And Legend [Open]

Christopher Flow (played by oncieoncieonceler) Topic Starter

Chris sits in the library, flipping through multiple books. Lately he has been followed by some people and it’s freaking him out. He looks through books that hold himself in their writing. With him being a creature the age of time itself, people want to know more about him, and that’s why he is looking through all the books. Yes Chris remembers his own past selves, he’s looked the same, thought the same, and everything else was basically the same. Except for this life around. More people are starting to wonder if he is real, not just some sort of myth. And the people that do believe in his power and ability’s. They want him, want to take him in and do tests, ask questions. Things he knows could cause a lot of trouble.

He knows it can be dangerous, because it’s happened once before. Centuries ago. It was hard for him then, mostly because he was still getting used to this whole, can only be killed by one person and that person is a demon and even if you are killed you come back one hundred years after your date of birth, thing. Yet, he still hasn’t gotten used to it. Chris can still die, but if it’s not by that blasted demon, he would just end up coming back.

Chris hates being like this, hating having to end up leaving everything he loves, just to literally start all over again. Most people say ‘I wish I could just start all over again’ But in this little Neko’s mind, he wishes he could just stay in one life, not have this curse hovering over him. Chris is three things. One. He is a human. Two. He is a neko. And three. He is an angel. And he is one of the most powerful beings in the world, always has been, and always will. Has been since the beginning of time, and will be until the end of time. His life is nothing but myth and legend.
Chris sits in the library, flipping through multiple books. Lately he has been followed by some people and it’s freaking him out. He looks through books that hold himself in their writing. With him being a creature the age of time itself, people want to know more about him, and that’s why he is looking through all the books. Yes Chris remembers his own past selves, he’s looked the same, thought the same, and everything else was basically the same. Except for this life around. More people are starting to wonder if he is real, not just some sort of myth. And the people that do believe in his power and ability’s. They want him, want to take him in and do tests, ask questions. Things he knows could cause a lot of trouble.

He knows it can be dangerous, because it’s happened once before. Centuries ago. It was hard for him then, mostly because he was still getting used to this whole, can only be killed by one person and that person is a demon and even if you are killed you come back one hundred years after your date of birth, thing. Yet, he still hasn’t gotten used to it. Chris can still die, but if it’s not by that blasted demon, he would just end up coming back.

Chris hates being like this, hating having to end up leaving everything he loves, just to literally start all over again. Most people say ‘I wish I could just start all over again’ But in this little Neko’s mind, he wishes he could just stay in one life, not have this curse hovering over him. Chris is three things. One. He is a human. Two. He is a neko. And three. He is an angel. And he is one of the most powerful beings in the world, always has been, and always will. Has been since the beginning of time, and will be until the end of time. His life is nothing but myth and legend.
Other Female Charate (played by KuroSakuranbo14)

Moriah was looking through some books, curious about her kinds past. There wasn't much on the long forgotten fire neko, but she still searched. She had only found that everyone of the fire nekos looked the same. Same brown hair, same amber eyes, same pale skin. She closed another book a little too loudly, getting a look from the librarian. She gave her a sheepish smile and whispered a sorry.

She could remember some of the past fire nekos lived their lives but only the major events. Moriah sighed, a small bit of fire following out of her mouth as she went to one of the computers and began to do more research.

She wished it was easier to know about her own kind, but it couldn't, being the last one. It seemed that fire danced in her eyes, but only non-humans could see it. Humans saw her eyes as dull brown.

Chris was rubbing his chin when he noticed a young woman a few tables down, having a book that he just might be interested in. He feels his lips quirk up in a small smile. At the library, there weren't many books on what he was looking for, so he needed everything he could find.

So he stood and walked down to the girl and quietly sat down a few chairs away from her. "If you don't mind, if you are finished with that book, could I borrow it?" He asks politely, his voice soft yet slightly raspy.

Moriah looked over at who spoke to her and saw the male, she hadn't seen him earlier while she was in the libary. She looked at the book in her hand and handed it to him. "Hear. I didn't find what I was looking for in it, but good luck. It is just about a mythological half human half cat creature. I believe they are called nekos."

Moriah had only begun her research on her kind. She was on Google, but only a few sites that looked useful had poped up the rest just ads or something that could be used for halloween. On the search bar read History of Fire Nekos. It was a strange topic, most people would thing that a girl like her wouldn't worry about something that didn't seem to exist but she was always intersted in possible myths and legends.

Chris smiled and took the book, slowly flipping through the pages, finding only some things he needed. He knew a lot about Neko's but it was still fun to see what other people thought of them. He found his own kind really fascination, not just because he was one, just because you don't see a lot of Neko's around.

He skimmed through the book, finding somethings he liked, he shut the book then put it back into the center of the table. He grabs a book that he was reading, titled; The Boy As Old As Time: Myth or Fact? and started to read it.

Moriah saw out of the coner of her eye what the title of the book the guy was reading. She looked up at his face and swore it looked very familiar. Then a memory from the long distance past before she was around came. It was the same boy, but a different time, far back before now.

She covered her mouth as a gasp was escaping past her lips. She shook her head, trying to calm her nerves. "Get a hold of yourself, Moriah. It was just a memory that don't belong to you." She whispered quietly, reminding herself that most of the memories she had weren't her's.

Chris had heard her quiet gasp and looked up, his head cocked only slightly. "Are you okay?" He asks softly, his voice laced with concern.

Chris always cared about other people more than he did himself, no matter what had happened to him. He always thought others were worth more than himself, and that makes him want to help others, hardly caring about himself or what happens to him.

Moriah got a grip on herself and nodded. "Yes, I'm fine." She didn't give an explanation as to the gasp. She "Sorry about that." She looked up into the male's deep blue eyes, her amber ones still sparking like fire with many different emotions.

She had only one site up on the legend of Fire Nekos, the description it gave matched her completely. Down to the last freckle on her cheeks. Most people never noticed it unless they had seen or researched her kind.

"Out of all the Nekos I have met, I have never met a Fire Neko before. It is a pleasure." He says with a great smile, his eyes never even looking at the screen of the computer.

He had looked down once again and was flipping through the pages, the corner of his lips curving up into a smirk.

Moriah flinched when he named exactly what she was but tried not to let the surprise show in her eyes or her voice. "What do you mean? Fire Nekos are just a simple myth that caught my attention." She seemed a little nervous; she had never heard of anyone meeting a neko in person without it being an accident. She knew those of her friends that knew about what she was had found her in one of her neko forms.

Chris can't help but to let out a small chuckle. "It's not that hard to tell who is a neko and who is not. You are a Fire Neko.." He smiles and leans back in the chair he is sitting in, crossing his arms. "Some nekos can tell who else is a neko. I can tell that you are one." The teen chuckles, his blue eyes sparkling.

Moriah flinched slightly, hoped the male didn't notice. She looked at him, she always had a hard time telling another neko apart from a human, she had no one to teach her how to do anything like that. "You're a neko?" She didn't let her voice grow higher than a whisper. She didn't want to chance someone over hearing them even though the library was close to empty expect for two other people with their nose in a book.

"Yes" Chris replies just as quiet, folding his hands under his chin and looking at the other in front of him. It was really easy for him to tell who other neko's are, since he's been one for a few million years. He ends up spacing off, looking at a white wall behind Moriah, his face totally blank.

Moriah was surprised to see Chris's face go blank, the look in his eyes said he was somewhere else. She moved her hand back and forth infornt of his face, trying to get his attention. "Hello?" She whispered in her soft voice. She usually didn't space out infornt of people, less so when she was talking to them.

Chris shakes his head, blinking a few times before looking at her once again. "I'm sorry. Seems that I have been doing that a lot lately." He says, his face turning a light red color. "Anyways. It's easy to tell because I have been a neko for a few million years now. I think I should be able to notice one when I see one." He smiles slightly, a small dimple appearing on his cheek, his nose scrunching up slightly.

Moriah was surprised to hear that he had been alive that along. "I've never heard a neko living that long. I can only remember fragments of the memories of the neko's before in my blood line." She looked like she would have dimples in her cheeks but she didn't, her face always looking plan and pale like the rest of her. Most humans didn't notice that her right hand had a birthmark on it that was shaped like a fire symbol but stretched out from years of growth and age.

"I mean. I have died. I was born at the beginning of time. I am here looking at books, seeing what people think of who I am. Usually they get it right, but others are kind of way off." He slides the copy of The Boy as Old as Time over to her. "This is who I am. I'm not sure if you have ever heard of me, most people have, my story was usually told as bedtime stories, some scary some good. But that's what I see about it."

Moriah flipped throught the pages of the book, skiming through and catching a few phrases and words of interst. "'Boy as old as time'? I have never heard of that. My memory has alway been hazy so I might have heard of it once before but can not remember." She said, flipping through her memories and the past neko's memories like a book. That one memory of the time he was seen by a neko of the past, but the neko was hidden. "There is only one memory of you in my mind, seen in a different time and different place. It was from a neko that was born long before me but it is still hazy." Moriah sighed and closed her eyes, trying to sort out what was going on the memory.

"You don't have to try so hard to remember. Most people can only see me in their memories as hazy images." Chris says, his voice soft in the quiet library. "Most people for some reason don't like to think of me." He smiles sweetly, letting Moriah look through the book once again.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Of Myth And Legend [Open]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus