Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » A Festival to Remember

Jasper Monet (played by MsMari)

((Sorry I think me and Twig both went to bed last night))

Jasper shook his head a bit. "I'm sure they're just festival performers or something. Probably just deciding where to start the show.
Ricky (played by EeveeMaster)

(Forgot, sorry.) "Doubt full," Rickt mewed, "I'm thinking their here to capture our fairy friend."

Jasper nods. "If that's the case it would probably be best to hide him for now. The only question is how."

Ricky thought for a moment, then mewed, "Why not use your bag, ny?"
Twig Treeroot (played anonymously) Topic Starter

((Sorry took longer to type then I thought.))

The group ignored them, waiting for something. From the within group came another of the robed figures. He was obviously the leader though the clothes he wore were no different. He had a commanding air about him, and when he raised his arms to address the growing crowd they silenced. "We are the saints of the downtrodden, protectors of the righteous, and bringers of justice. Too long have the non-magical citizens of this realm fallen victim to those cursed with magic! Too long have we knelt at their feet, simply cause there was no way to fight, no way to raise ourselves from below their boot heels!" Some people began to cheer, shouting in agreement to the man's words. Most of them were his cloaked followers, though some of the non-magicals in the crowd join in, many of them from poorer walks of life. Some of the mages and magical creatures backed off from boredom or fright. Though many still remained, curious about what was going to happen, or too prideful not to stay in defiance. Though the din grew as more non-magicals joined the crowd, the leader kept talking above the noise, hands raised to grip his hood. "For this is what happens when a man talks out to a mage. This is what happens when he tries to take back what is rightfully his!" He lowers the hood revealing a bald head with piercing grey eyes. A burn scar dominates his face, wrapping around his skull and reaching down towards his shoulder and chest. The pattern was unnatural, only fire caused by magic could leave such a scar. "No more will we endure! No more will we cower! Now we have the tool to fight!" As he spoke four figures came forth, one of them carried a chest and two others dragged forward the fourth figure. His head was covered in a burlap sack, but from the clothes it was easy to tell that he was the merchant mage from before. He struggled against the pair, but they held onto him with strange black gloves of leather and metal, covered in glowing runes that seemed to suck all vigor from him.

"This man, a mage, sells trinkets in this very city. But he is a fraud! He fills his pockets by tricking the non-magic folk into thinking that his trinkets are magic. He has taken advantage of the fact that you, the everyday citizens of this city, do not have the ability to see past his hoax. He lies and deceives so that he may take the coins that you labor to earn. This man who gets his wine from water sees himself so above you that he thinks what is yours belongs to him! If we cannot raise our selves above him, then we must drag him down to us!" The merchant mage struggles to speak but his voice is muffled, likely gagged under the burlap. The leader opens the chest and reveals a strange gauntlet, similar to the gloves that the two men holding the merchant wear. But unlike the gloves it is larger, too large to wear under the cloak, and on it rests an empty black gem. He approached the mage, placing the palm on his forehead. Almost immediately a thick blue smoke begins to emanate from the mage, as if pouring out of his very pores. The gem on the gauntlet begins to glow, sucking the smoke towards it. After a few seconds the smoke ceases and the once mage slumps. The gem stops glowing, though this time it has a murky smoke in it's depths. The two figures lift the merchant to his feet and push him back towards the group. He stumbles as if drunk or sick before the figures push him back and forth between them, jeering at him though it is hard to hear exactly what they say. Eventually he collapses and the figures surround him once more, hiding him from view. "This man is no longer a mage! I have stripped his magic from him and now he is as helpless as we are. This is the justice we offer! So rise you downtrodden! Rise non-magicals! Bring me those who would seek to push you down so that they meet the justice they deserve!" The cloaked group begins to disperse in twos, many of them move to grab various magic users. The crowd erupts into chaos as magic users flee and non-magical shout names and move towards the leader for their own pairs of gloves. Some of the guards try to intercept but many are magic users themselves and fall helpless to the rebellion's gloves.

((btw, i've been told that it is very likely that ill get a power outage so to protect my computer I need to shut it down. I don't know when or if it will get fixed so go ahead and keep going without me.)

Ricky watched what happen, then looked at the human and fairy. "We need to get out of this town NOW!" Ricky mewed with a stern voice.

The fairy zooms into his hood. Jasper shakes in terror, he begins to run. He hears his heart pounding in his ears, almost drowning out the sounds of the crowd. He doesn't get very far, however, he runs a couple feet before he's knocked to the ground by the crowd, almost getting trampled by people running in both directions. The fairy in his hood remaining safe from him covering his head.

"Get up, stuipid human!" Ricky mewed as he race by Jasper.

Jasper nodded getting up as quick as he can and going for the easiest path through the crowd he can find. "Where are we going?!"

"Where are we going, you ask," Ricky mewed, "To the forest, where else? Or would you rather get you magic powers tooked, huh?"

Jasper's skin crawled as he thought about it, the hair on the back of his neck stood on end. He nodded "Works for me! I would prefer to keep my powers!" He began to run faster.

The air began to smell like ozone.

Jasper looked around at the smell. "I can't be he only one who noticed that smell right? What is that?"

Ricky sniffed the air. "Why now?" he muttered as he unsheathed his sword. It was crackling with lightning.

"Pardon?" He looked at the felyne. "What's happening?" His hand glowing a light blue as he readies his magic.

"Electrical overflow." Ricky mewed, "I'd stand back, if I were you." Then he pointed his sword towards a lone tree. Suddenly, a blot of lightning shot out of the sword, burning the tree to ashs.

"Woah!" Jasper shouts, momentarily awed by the lightening before remembering to keep running. "I haven't seen a sword like that before!" He looks back a bit seeing two of the robed figures spot him and start to chase.

Ricky muttered something, and a bolt of lightning struck the two robed figures. Then Ricky continued running.

((Sorry got a little busy. Anyone still there?))

Jasper cheered "Nice shot!" as they ran quickly to the edge of town, and closer to the forest near it.

(Yeah, sorry. Hurricane Irma had destroyed the internet for a while. You know, shut it down.) Ricky looked at the human. 'He'll never know the truth, will he?' Ricky thought. Then he started chasing after the human.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » A Festival to Remember

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus