Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » A Festival to Remember

Ricky (played by EeveeMaster)

Ricky fell paws to the sky onto the ground. "Oph," he mewed.
Jasper Monet (played by MsMari)

Jasper sat up quickly and scrambled to put his hood back on, the horror practically visible in his wide blue eyes.
Twig Treeroot (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Twig watched the boy work and looked intently at the glowing fingertips. It took him a moment to noticed that the lock on the cage was beginning to melt. He gave it a good kick at the right moment to help it along. Almost as soon as the door was open he was out. Flying out from beneath his savior's cloak and into the open. A few member of the crowd that had already paused at the sight of the toppled stand and they stepped back a bit in shock as Twig flitted in front of their faces. I was nice to spread his wings after being in that crampt cage. He looked around, searching for his once captor. Finding him he flew towards the stall. The mage was already sweating profusely at the blade at his neck and muttering about only selling baubles. He landed on the merchant's forehead, commanding the larger man's eyesight. "Look here, as you can imagine I don't exactly appreciate you putting me in a cage, but at the same time I ain't so mean to let puss in boots here skewer you like the pig you are. But I am gonna tell ya to watch out, us forest folk like to stick to our own, so next time you enter a forest I suggest you bend over an kiss your but goodbye." He looked back at the pair behind him, finding that the mage and cat thing had gotten into some kind of tussle.

Ricky tried to get up, but his tail was underneath the human's foot.

Jasper spotted his boot over the cats tail and moved it like he was stepping on hot coals, screeching out "I'm sorry!" before slowly getting back on his feet, glancing around hoping no one noticed the tumble he just took. He brushed himself off and grimaced at the dirt on his cloak, his mother would be furious he let himself get dirty.

"Your lucky I don't make that scar of your's worse," Ricky mewed as he looked at his tail, "And if you want to know what I am, I am a Felyne."

Jasper nods a bit. Trying to remember if he had heard of his kind. He couldn't recall anything after a few moments so he just looked at the creature curiously. Must be rare he thinks in awe. "I apologize, I have never heard of your kind before..." He didn't feel the need to explain his marking, he figured it would be better to not.

((brb))

Twig kicked the mage in the nose and got a satisfying grunt before launching off the man's forehead. He went back to the pair behind him, making sure to stay at eye level so that both could see him. "Whatever you are you have great timing. If you didn't scare ugly over there I might not have landed in twickle fingers hands over there. Speaking of which I need to thank you too for opening that lock. I was coming up with the best way to jupe whatever sucker bought me till the two of you came around."

"Nrow," Ricky mewed, "I hate merchants who try to sell innocent magic creatures, it's pretty cruel."

Jasper smiles a bit and gives a little extravagant bow, feeling proud of himself. "Not a problem, it's just awful they capture creatures like that." He sweats a bit, guessing he shouldn't mention that he was planning to buy the fairy. He was going to set him free, sure, but saying that probably wouldn't be the best.

Ricky looked at the human. "Nrow! You never heard of a Felyne? My parents say Felynes help human win the war against necromancers!" Ricky mewed. Then his stomach rumble. "I'm fumished right now, as well," Ricky said.

"Great! I know the best Tavern around here. Great ale and even better stew. The owner thinks that fairies are lucky so he usually lets me dine free, provided I don't get myself caged on the way. I can show you if you like." The crowd that had formed had departed, sensing that the fun was over. Behind the group a pair of those cloaked individuals helped the merchant to his feet, leading him off somewhere.

"Well, um, I am sorta young, and I don't usually hear stories of the war, my parents both fought in it and they prefer not to discuss it..."

He looks at the fairy, smiling widely at the mention of a tavern, he'd never been in a tavern before. "That sounds amazing!"

"Nrow!" Ricky mewed in disgust, "Ale?!? Ale is a kind of alcohol, right? Felynes are allergic to alcohol!"

"Well if you don't want anything from the tavern," Jasper snickered as he pulled a fish-shaped cracker from his bag and presented it to the felyne. "I have some cat treats for you!"

((didn't realize this rp was gonna kick off so quickly. I'm going to have to go to bed shortly, but I'll be up in the morning))

Twig shrugged. "Sorry, I didn't know that. Fairies aren't exactly know for their wartime prowess. While we do remember the war we weren't part of it, something about being four inches tall isn't big enough to hold a broadsword. But I'm sure they have an alternative. They have water and milk and I'm pretty sure this area is known for some kind of fruit juice." Off to the side where a few boxes had been placed down. Many of the cloaked figures were beginning to gather there.

"CAT TREATS?!?" Ricky mewed in shock, "I may look like a cat, but it doesn't mean I act like one too!"

((Alright I was planning to do the same soon as well))

Jasper chuckled, putting the treat back in his bag. "I figured, I'm just joking." His smile faded a bit as he eyed the figures warily. He guessed they might just be street performers or something, waiting for a moment to start their show for coins.

Ricky turn towards the boxes. "Nrow! Who are you?" he asked the shady figures.

((Anyone still here?))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » A Festival to Remember

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus