Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Nightgate Inn (Closed)

"Dovahkiin exist, you hear me, the dragonborn exists and he lives, he will come... he will hear of my imprisonment and he will come to my aid and we shall be allies and he will rule upon all with an iron fist, especially, upon scoundrels like you too" spat Merthyr bitterly, hoping against hope that he was right after all.

The kingdoms had pledged Merthyr fealty and surrendered the crown and throne in some cases under alliances and peaceful treaties, in other cases out of force, might and war but, Merthyr felt truly out of depth when it came to the fearsome dragons that caused so much strife and damage upon common folk

Now it seems he had under estimated Stormcloak's ability to bribe the lowest of the low in society to help in his cause of tearing the empire of Tamriel apart.

With each province independent of the rest, it could only be more wars against neighbours over control of the borders, weaking their overall safety and making it easy for thieves like Robin to thrive, something he had been striving to prevent by unifying the lands, amiccably or otherwise.

The kingdoms so far understood the purpose of unity, Cyrodiil was his by birthright, Hammerfell, Black Marsh, Elsweyr, Hammerfell, Morrowind, Skyrim, the Summerset Isles, and Valenwood had found ways to submit to his power and work under his command for the greater good but now... now that he was finally returning successfully from High Rock, these wretched bandits and slavers were jeopardising it all with a dagger to his throat.
Lurks-In-Shadows (played by Arcol) Topic Starter

Unfortunately for the prince, the Dovahkiin were thinly spread, with few numbers to support. Even Numeen couldn't come to a prince's aid, as he was busy gathering the people of Tamriel to support his position as Emperor. Lurks laughed at the thought, but her entertainment was interrupted when her target entered the inn; a Breton noble who stole from the client and their family. He sat by the fire, almost near enough for her to throw her dagger into his back and have no one know it was her. But that would rile up the crowd, so she had to wait.
"I only hold the empire, its broken pieces, together, until Netheron comes, we shall meet me and I shall crown him in glory before all, I shall pledge my loyalty and Tamriel shall have its emperor and the imperial guards won't cease to search till they find him, till I find him. It is but a matter of time. If my end is nearer then his return and rise shall be made all the swifter" muttered Merthyr looking gloomy at the soup, no longer interested in eating
"Your father, the elected High King, the Emperor, was already on his deathbed when you left to start your lengthy journey and absurd quest of uniting lands and kingdoms. You failed and he must be dead by now... luckily... your neck won't hold your head much longer if you keep spouting words, so you are assisting the empire to crumble into glorious profitable chaos" assured Robin annoyed issuing words of warning

"As of now, Chim-El Adabal is but a relic up for grabs to whoever pays me most for it" assured Robin further loud enough for anyone at the tavern to hear the offer should they wish to pay for it.

"Eat up and fatten up you lot, plump slaves are worth double than sickly, skinny ones" urged Glendale seeing none of the knights try to eat in the least, cracking the whip a couple of times to watch them all eat up reluctantly more out of pain than hunger

"If you keep talking back, I am going to take you back to Cyrodiil myself and I shall have you stand at the slaves market and a price put upon you like the cattle you are... if you are lucky, perhaps this Netheron buys you and you can be a slave of his serving him at your own palace uh?" sneered Robin shaking his head

Merthyr, Lancelot, Gawain, Percival and Tristan pursed their lips, Lancelot placing a soothing grip upon distressed Taff. They kept quiet and ate the food as ordered, in no mood to continue the discussion. Robin's words felt like a dagger that lashed their hopes and if they were not careful enough to comply to all commands, Robin's blade would attack Merthyr and slash their hopes for real. For now they would have to endure the taunts, the humiliation like well trained imperial warriors, endure all in obedience and silence.

Haldor looked up at Moga and shrugged at it all.

"Told ye... politics..." muttered Haldor sitting down to tuck into his food.

Merthyr held his silence a while then turned his attention at Robin

"You could never do that, slavery is outlawed and banned in Tamriel." pointed out Merthyr not about to give up without a fight

"Ahhh not all of it, there's the black markets and then there's Morrowind with the houses of Dunmer, those dark elves will put you to work so that tongue of yours is too tired to move" dismissed Robin growing tired of Merthyr and his often well made points.

"Right then, now that the soup is finished, time to get you slaves back on your feet and out into the cold, since you cannot keep quiet, we will forfeit sleeping at the cosy tavern and keep you walking through the entire night" smirked Robin watching Rufus grumble unhappily, kicking Merthyr's stomach.

"Your fault for running off your mouth, I was quite looking forward to a restful night..." complained Rufus most annoyed
Lurks-In-Shadows (played by Arcol) Topic Starter

As an Argonian, Lurks had been told of the terrors of Dumer slavery, always knowing she would see it. The Breton still sat by the fire, unmoving.
((OOC Main host account deleted - RP dormant / no longer active))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Nightgate Inn (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus