Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Block users and characters per character

Smile (played anonymously)

I play Smile anonymously for various reasons and I am sometimes bothered by people who don't respect my anonymity. Of course it's possible to block a member or even a specific character from contacting me, but this also appears to affect my not so anonymous main account. Therefore I wonder if it is possible to block a user or character from contacting a specific character, rather than all. Or even the other way around. People have this fickle habit of acting different towards what they perceive as different people, in my experience, so this wouldn't be a feature wasted.
Smile (played anonymously) Topic Starter

I am still hoping this will be a possible feature.
Kim Site Admin

It's really, really unlikely. We'd have to knock something really large and sparkly off the devleopment schedule to get something this finicky and far-reaching working. =/
EdtheNeko

Besides, wouldnt this be bad for the blocker if it only blocked one char?

person 1 harasses person 2.

person 2 blocks person 1

person 1 uses alt char to harass person 2 again (due to it not blocking all chars)

person 2 blocks person 1's alt

person 1 uses new alt to harass person 2...ect ect

Lather, rinse, repeat
Sanne Moderator

I think OP's idea is to allow both scenarios by her choice, so harassment of that nature wouldn't be possible regardless. :) It's unfortunate that it's too complicated because I can sympathize with the use of such a feature.
EdtheNeko

Sanne wrote:
I think OP's idea is to allow both scenarios by her choice, so harassment of that nature wouldn't be possible regardless. :) It's unfortunate that it's too complicated because I can sympathize with the use of such a feature.
Yes but for the OP's idea to work, my post would point out the problem from the other side of the fence :/ it just seems like there be a hole in there.....besides, if someone blocks another, I doubt that person want the same person bothering them on an alt as well
Sanne Moderator

If OP were to be harassed that way she could ban the anon character the way a character is banned now, too! The idea was to add the suggested feature on top of the existing method, and the existing method prevents the scenario you described. :)

Besides, if you ever find yourself harassed by one anon alt after another, it should be reported to us asap so we can deal with that person. Nobody is ever on their own with that!
EdtheNeko

Sanne wrote:
If OP were to be harassed that way she could ban the anon character the way a character is banned now, too! The idea was to add the suggested feature on top of the existing method, and the existing method prevents the scenario you described. :)

Besides, if you ever find yourself harassed by one anon alt after another, it should be reported to us asap so we can deal with that person. Nobody is ever on their own with that!

True, Its just if you dont know its the same user.....that was the point I am trying to bring to light. If user 1 blocks user 2.....I doubt user 1 wants to talk to user 2's other char without knowing it. I just thought the idea the op suggested might make that happen.

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Block users and characters per character

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus