Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Not as it seems...(Destiny RP)

Velkres (played by RodoWodo) Topic Starter

Velkres sighed as he sat down rebandaging his arm away from any on lookers. Aside from this the two did managed to find some new supplies and armor. Now asides from the boots and pants he wore the two was now wearing the old outdated fallen armor. "Ugh These are clearly from the Devils...." Ikota groaned as he decided swapped out damaged parts of his armor with the armor found here. Just remove the identifying markings off them if it bothers you so much....by the way brother have you been practicing your English at all? Velkres asked as he began reload his fallen handcannon but keeping his human rifle considering the guns they found was in far worse condition. Ikota look up shaking his head. "I still don't understand why I should be learning it as well." The younger fallen chuckled as he was preparing the captain's helmet he found. "Your getting better, but it should be obvious why I'm making you learn brother. If something happens to me then how are you gonna be able to figure things out? Your luck will only get you so far." he said smiling as he donned the helmet to make sure everything was working on it. "So you really think we will find that bunker this way brother? Just imagine how helpful the stuff in there will be to us if the intel we got from those old computers are true."
Aragon-5 (played by Arcol)

The banner was the first sign that they were in too deep. "It's one of the Dusk banners," Talos realized right before they realized they were in Dusk territory, "Must have been from a while ago, if they're not around." He looked around for a minute. "We need to get moving if we're going to find those rouge Fallen." He concluded as the two went onward into the dark.
Batroks (played by Arcol)

She hid atop a rooftop, occasionally downing a Taken here or a Cabal there. She enjoyed shooting the helmets off Cabal troops, watching them suffocate without them in the air; it brought her such pleasure. She wasn't concerned of being Taken, as she knew that they would pose no threat from far away. She had noticed two of her kind being chased by a Guardian, following in close suit. She didn't care if the Fallen died, as long as she was the one that found what they were after and wasn't interfered by the Guardian. Batroks watched them enter the tunnels, but stood above ground to have fun in killing. She would follow, just not until she knew the time was right.

Ikota looked back at his brother. "Judging by our findings it there is a good chance it is." Velkres said with a nod as he pulled out his old and mildly torn yellow silken scarf and wrapped it around his neck. "Good. Once we find that we can proceed to get what we can operational. Then maybe finally get in contact with our Baron." He said just as his brother waved shrugged as he started to put on vandal helmet he just found and the put his hood over the helm. "Alright enough English practice. We better keep moving before the guardian catches up" Velkres nodded as he got up although now as he grabbed his rifle another old fallen rifle next to it fell over with a audible clang. "Oh shit!" He said as both fallen raised their weapons making sure nothing rushes out from the darkness in response to the noise. A few moment passed and the two relax. "Velkres I never seen you be the one to make a mistake like that. Did you finally get your growth spurt?" Ikota said chuckling. Velkres was always sensitive over his height dude to some illness or allergy at birth that caused him to be unable to grow taller then 6'4 which is the around the height dreg and humans share so it was rather common for other captains to joke about his stature until they saw how agile he was. The response the fallen got from his brother was one of his more iconic death stares as he loaded his rifle rather slowly staring at him the whole time. "Right...Ikota remind me to smack you later. Lets get moving He said while Ikota was laughing as he followed.

Still progressing into the deep, the pair eventually found where the Fallen had been a few moments earlier. "Looks like they may have taken a few 'toys'," Talos remarked, "that could spell trouble for us." The Ghost looked around for a minute before saying, "I think they went this way. C'mon." Pyre-5 ran after his Ghost, following the trail of light.

The two brothers kept on walking down the tunnel now carrying better armor and munitions for the weapons they have. Eventually they soon reached a underground train depot. Ikota looked down at his scanner and sighed, "Brother we need to turn on the life support. Something in this area is creating a dense and toxic fog in this area." The younger fallen captain gave a nod. "I understand brother. Be sure to conserve your ether supply" He said as he hooked up his mask to his personal supply of ether as well. The two began to walk into the room. The gas in the room made the air hazy and visibility low. This alone began to put the two fallen on high alert as they slowly made their way through the fog before there was Velkres began to make something out in the fog....and it didn't take log to realize what it was. "Ikota stop....there is Taken in the mist." He said via coms in a hushed tone to avoid drawing attention. Although it didn't matter after a ball of black energy whizzed past them causing the two to scramble to whatever cover they can find. "Why cant we just get a break Ikota!?!" The captain yelled to his brother as he began to return fire.

((I'm still here))
Hearing the gunfire from deeper in the tunnels, Pyre-5 and Sirius (I renamed him) rushed to the source; a Taken ambush. "There's the Fallen," Sirius shouted over the attack, "but how are we going to get to them?" Pyre noticed the many portals the Taken were crawling through, finding each location where a rift was stationed. He began to fire at one, closing it in a matter of seconds. Unfortunately, any who didn't notice him at first now turned their heads in his direction, now opening an assault on the debris he hid behind.

((ah gotcha. got a lil worried since it was two weeks))

Velkres managed to spot the guardian as he ducked down to reload. "Ikota, looks like our guardian finally caught up with us. " He said as audible groan from his older brother can be heard. "Of course the guardian would show up at the worst possible moment. Any Ideas brother?" Velkres looked about seeing the weak support near the portals. Tossing a stun grenade to his brother. "Use this!" He called out to his younger brother who nodded in return. Instantly both brothers popped out of their cover and threw grenades The stun grenade went of first a it blinded the advancing forces just long enough for the other one, a high explosive to blow up next to the weak support beam causing a small cave in above where the Taken's portals was appearing. "That will keep them busy now we have one more issue to deal with." Velkres said as he gave a nod to the other fallen who now disappeared behind some remains of ruined trains. Now the captain raised his rifle toward were he last saw the guardian. "You are a persistent one I'll give you that guardian." Velkres said as he slowly started to inch to where he can only assume the guardian is with his gun raised. "But we can't let you ruin everything...not when my brother and I are so close."

It...he...was speaking, which was rare in such conditions, if anywhere at all; at this point, only Variks and the Spider has actually spoken in English rather than their native tongue. (Assuming they had tongues...)

“What exactly is so important here,” the Warlock shouted at a few more Taken Psions were put down just before they could replicate, “perhaps if I knew what was going on, I could get a better grasp of the situation; right now, all I’m hearing is typical Eliksni secrecy and a possible threat to the Last City. Traveler knows we need another invasion after Ghaul.” In the meanwhile, Sirius was scanning the nearby area in hopes to find anything these scavengers might want to get their claws on, just as a precaution.

"Do you honestly think I would share such details with a guardian? We have more important things to care about then your precious city." The Eliksni said as he kept inching towards where he believed the guardian was. I just need to slow the guardian down. He thought to himself. As long as the guardian cant pinpoint their location they will be able to make their escape, as for now he just needed to keep the guardian talking. "Tell me guardian...why didn't you decide to kill me and my brother when you had the chance? Morbid curiosity? Perhaps we can avoid this from becoming....messy" He said as he proceeded to sidestep slowly to start flanking the position. Meanwhile as the guardian's ghost scanned the area it began to notice signature of a underground structure that appeared to be of old world millitary origin. And seemed to be practically untouched. Is that what the two fallen are after?

“There’s an untouched facility somewhere nearby,” Sirius mentioned privately in Pyre-5’s mind, “possibly the target they’re after; keep them talking and I’ll get the navpoint up and running.” A silent agreement from the Guardian began the search for a good place to put down the digital beacon. “Let’s just say that your fluency in English is one of the reasons,” the Warlock explained, “that and your concern for whatever you’re seeking over killing a Guardian that happens to be chasing after you; take your pick.”

“Besides, the City is well secured, more so than before the Red Legion broke down our door. And with the Traveler, or Great Machine as you know it, awake again, the Vanguard is seeking to expand the boundaries of humanity’s grasp on the old worlds. For this reason, I simply desire to figure out of what you’re looking for could be a threat to any of our outposts or the City itself.”

"Like I said Guardian. The Kings do not care about your city but now knowing the Great Machine has awakened that is some valuable information. Thank you." He said as he finally rounded the corner expecting to see the Guardian but to no avail. With a sigh of relief he reaches for his comms. "Ikota, any luck on getting us an exit? He quietly asked still scanning the area with his rifle raised. The last thing he needed is for the guardian to catch him now of all times. "Well It looks like I found a way out but...its locked" The other fallen whispered in response much to Velkres's dismay. "Of course its locked...dammit. Radio in once the door is open and I'll regroup." He said before ending the transmission and resumed to speak out loud. "Anyways...I was a captian for some time. I was in charge of a special scavenging team that primarily was more oriented for data and specialized machines. So all that time trying to decipher all that information really helped me learn the language. Besides what is the point in trying to kill you? To have you come back to life angrier? I have seen what you guardians are able to do." He said not moving from his position. He needed the guardian to come to him...

“He makes a good point,” Sirius agreed, still tracking their movements as well as the hidden chamber below, “that’s how Demetri-10 went insane, thinking every loving thing was a Fallen in need of ‘extinction,’ including humans. In any case, I’ve located a few sites of interest you might need to check out.” The half-Vex listened to every word the Eliksni spoke, wondering if it was trying to lull him into a false sense of safety or distract him long enough to sneak off.

“I thought the House of Kings was eradicated by Uldren and Fikrul to create the Scorn,” the Warlock inquired, “but I had heard of a few survivors lurking about, possibly including your former Kell Craask; tell me, have you gotten any word from the armless Kell of Kings?” “Pyro, I don’t think you’d want to upset them,” Sirius warned, “at least not until we learn if they’re hostile or not.” Reluctantly, the Exo agreed, focusing on finding a way to avoid any confrontation or traps if he could.

"DONT YOU DARE MOCK CRAASK! HE DID NOT DESERVE SUCH BETRAL YOU-" The captain blurted out in rage before catching himself with a audible sigh. "We was a proud house Guardian,but you already knew that. But Look at us now. We now are practically nothing but a disorganized mess hiding in fear like mere insects. Our kell betrayed by that bastard, our house torn apart, not even our dead are spared. We are nothing now" He said in a somber tone as he rested his head against the wall he hid behind staring at the rusted ceiling. Unbeknownst to him his outburst seemed to help in attempting to locate his position.

"Brother, the lock is almost opened. Try to get to my location when your able to." The fallen heard from his comms. What a relief it was to hear. Soon they will be able to make their escape and reach their goal. Still...there was only one thing between Velkres and escape. "Surely you understand our situation guardian...I believe the Earth expression went....Desperate times called for desperate actions?" He said while checking the ammo on his rifle. Who knows if the guardian as already poised themselves in position to strike the small Elksini captian. He needed to be ready.

“I told you it wasn’t a good idea,” Sirius scolded, “in any case, I’ve got a better scope on their location; a bit of rust goes a long way sometimes.” The Exo moved slightly forward, lowering his gun slightly so as to display currently non-hostile intentions. “I apologize for insulting your Kell,” he spoke, “I suppose all these years of contention between our two peoples has embittered me somewhat, as well as a number of other recent events mostly unrelated.”

He was heading toward the Captain and his brother, but he was also prepared to defend himself should they be leading him into a trap of some kind. The Arc began to crackle within him, though he had no intent of using it if there was truly no need.

The captian peers from within the train as he sees the guardian finally appear....and heading straight towards him. Taking a deep breath he looked down at his rifle and turned on his comms "Ikota, the guardian knows where I am. Get that door opened and get moving. I'll try to regroup when I can." Velkres said before quickly cutting off his radio as his brother began to protest. Alright.. I can do this. Just a burst of gunfire and then get the hell out of here Was the Captain's thoughts before taking another deep breath and rounding the corner of his cover rifle raised before he suddenly froze seeing exactly how close the guardian was away from him. What the hell is he thinking? If he pulls the trigger he would be probably dead within the seconds that followed. Yet still he is running out of options and surrendering isn't one of them. Not when they are so close. So that only left him with one option. "Drop the weapon!" He said in the move authorative tone he could muster in attempts to hide his fear. "Drop it or I will fire guardian. I will not ask again."

Pyre-5 was taken aback slightly when the Eliksni came out and started demanding that he lower his weapon. Had he forgotten what he had said not a minute before, about the vengeful rage most lightbearers went into after being killed by an opponent? Then again, he might be aiming for Sirius, which he had prepared for; since Cayde’s death in the Prison of Elders, the Warlock had taken multiple extra precautions to ensure his Ghost would not be caught in the line of fire.

“You’re demanding me to put down my weapon,” he simply inquired, “even when you know that I cannot die so long as the Light flows through me? I must say, you’re either very brave or stupid, though which of them I can’t yet say.” He lowered the rifle slightly, still ready to spring into action should he be forced to undertake in combat. “I suppose I could humor you for a minute; it’s not like I’m eager to kill you, you know. As a philosophy, I never attack unless I am assaulted first, and I hold true to that no matter the circumstances.”

"I know what I said guardian, but I can't let you get in the way. Even if it means my own death, My brother and I have a duty to our house. I will not let the king's future be jeopardized by a guardian that refuses to mind his own business.I do hope you understand." The Fallen said as he kept his gun aimed at the guardian trying to hide the fear in his voice. One wrong move and it could mean his last but as long as they stayed here it mean the closer Ikota gets to the bunker

Although now being only a few feet apart it was possible for the guardian to truly get a good look at the captian. The captian was actually even shorter then he appeared from a distance. He seemed to be only around the size of a average human at about 6 feet, looking through some of the tears in his outfit it was possible to make out a good portion of his chest and his right arms was covered in bandages but perhaps the most striking thing about this captian was his eyes. Unlike the typical Eliksini glowing blue eyes his eyes was a soft almost pastel yellow. A true oddity within the fallen ranks. But despite all this there was unusual aura about him. Almost similar to that of a taken itself and it felt like it was getting stronger...

"Now leave this place Guardian. None of this concerns you or your city." Velkres said as suddenly his vision began to blur. No not now... He thought shaking his head trying to maintain focus before starting to visibly sway. "I....wont...l..let you stop us..." He said before suddenly collapsing.

Well, this was...unusual...to say the least. At first, it was only the fact of his height and eye coloration that surprised him, but he never expected him to collapse so suddenly right in front of him. “Is he ok,” Sirius pondered aloud, “I’ve never seen this happen before, especially not with the Fallen.”

Pyre-5 stepped a bit closer, his gaze never leaving the flailing Eliksni’s body as he tried to help him stand. It wasn’t really his intent to aid a possible enemy, but his natural instincts to aid all others got the better of him. Perhaps it was sympathy, possibly concern, or simply the fact that their race was slowly dying off due to the vast number of enemies they faced. Whatever the case, he attempted to get him up again.

The captian felt himself being lifted back to his feet. Looking over in he was barely able to make out the guardian holding him. "What...are you doing?" Velkres asked barely able to make speak before he blacked out. Something was clearly wrong with his condition

At this point the sounds of a steel door quickly being opened followed by rapid footstep leaving the area filled the room. It appeared the other fallen has managed to escape the area...

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Not as it seems...(Destiny RP)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus