Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Not as it seems...(Destiny RP)

Velkres (played by RodoWodo) Topic Starter

"Do you honestly think I would share such details with a guardian? We have more important things to care about then your precious city." The Eliksni said as he kept inching towards where he believed the guardian was. I just need to slow the guardian down. He thought to himself. As long as the guardian cant pinpoint their location they will be able to make their escape, as for now he just needed to keep the guardian talking. "Tell me guardian...why didn't you decide to kill me and my brother when you had the chance? Morbid curiosity? Perhaps we can avoid this from becoming....messy" He said as he proceeded to sidestep slowly to start flanking the position. Meanwhile as the guardian's ghost scanned the area it began to notice signature of a underground structure that appeared to be of old world millitary origin. And seemed to be practically untouched. Is that what the two fallen are after?
Aragon-5 (played by Arcol)

“There’s an untouched facility somewhere nearby,” Sirius mentioned privately in Pyre-5’s mind, “possibly the target they’re after; keep them talking and I’ll get the navpoint up and running.” A silent agreement from the Guardian began the search for a good place to put down the digital beacon. “Let’s just say that your fluency in English is one of the reasons,” the Warlock explained, “that and your concern for whatever you’re seeking over killing a Guardian that happens to be chasing after you; take your pick.”

“Besides, the City is well secured, more so than before the Red Legion broke down our door. And with the Traveler, or Great Machine as you know it, awake again, the Vanguard is seeking to expand the boundaries of humanity’s grasp on the old worlds. For this reason, I simply desire to figure out of what you’re looking for could be a threat to any of our outposts or the City itself.”

"Like I said Guardian. The Kings do not care about your city but now knowing the Great Machine has awakened that is some valuable information. Thank you." He said as he finally rounded the corner expecting to see the Guardian but to no avail. With a sigh of relief he reaches for his comms. "Ikota, any luck on getting us an exit? He quietly asked still scanning the area with his rifle raised. The last thing he needed is for the guardian to catch him now of all times. "Well It looks like I found a way out but...its locked" The other fallen whispered in response much to Velkres's dismay. "Of course its locked...dammit. Radio in once the door is open and I'll regroup." He said before ending the transmission and resumed to speak out loud. "Anyways...I was a captian for some time. I was in charge of a special scavenging team that primarily was more oriented for data and specialized machines. So all that time trying to decipher all that information really helped me learn the language. Besides what is the point in trying to kill you? To have you come back to life angrier? I have seen what you guardians are able to do." He said not moving from his position. He needed the guardian to come to him...

“He makes a good point,” Sirius agreed, still tracking their movements as well as the hidden chamber below, “that’s how Demetri-10 went insane, thinking every loving thing was a Fallen in need of ‘extinction,’ including humans. In any case, I’ve located a few sites of interest you might need to check out.” The half-Vex listened to every word the Eliksni spoke, wondering if it was trying to lull him into a false sense of safety or distract him long enough to sneak off.

“I thought the House of Kings was eradicated by Uldren and Fikrul to create the Scorn,” the Warlock inquired, “but I had heard of a few survivors lurking about, possibly including your former Kell Craask; tell me, have you gotten any word from the armless Kell of Kings?” “Pyro, I don’t think you’d want to upset them,” Sirius warned, “at least not until we learn if they’re hostile or not.” Reluctantly, the Exo agreed, focusing on finding a way to avoid any confrontation or traps if he could.

"DONT YOU DARE MOCK CRAASK! HE DID NOT DESERVE SUCH BETRAL YOU-" The captain blurted out in rage before catching himself with a audible sigh. "We was a proud house Guardian,but you already knew that. But Look at us now. We now are practically nothing but a disorganized mess hiding in fear like mere insects. Our kell betrayed by that bastard, our house torn apart, not even our dead are spared. We are nothing now" He said in a somber tone as he rested his head against the wall he hid behind staring at the rusted ceiling. Unbeknownst to him his outburst seemed to help in attempting to locate his position.

"Brother, the lock is almost opened. Try to get to my location when your able to." The fallen heard from his comms. What a relief it was to hear. Soon they will be able to make their escape and reach their goal. Still...there was only one thing between Velkres and escape. "Surely you understand our situation guardian...I believe the Earth expression went....Desperate times called for desperate actions?" He said while checking the ammo on his rifle. Who knows if the guardian as already poised themselves in position to strike the small Elksini captian. He needed to be ready.

“I told you it wasn’t a good idea,” Sirius scolded, “in any case, I’ve got a better scope on their location; a bit of rust goes a long way sometimes.” The Exo moved slightly forward, lowering his gun slightly so as to display currently non-hostile intentions. “I apologize for insulting your Kell,” he spoke, “I suppose all these years of contention between our two peoples has embittered me somewhat, as well as a number of other recent events mostly unrelated.”

He was heading toward the Captain and his brother, but he was also prepared to defend himself should they be leading him into a trap of some kind. The Arc began to crackle within him, though he had no intent of using it if there was truly no need.

The captian peers from within the train as he sees the guardian finally appear....and heading straight towards him. Taking a deep breath he looked down at his rifle and turned on his comms "Ikota, the guardian knows where I am. Get that door opened and get moving. I'll try to regroup when I can." Velkres said before quickly cutting off his radio as his brother began to protest. Alright.. I can do this. Just a burst of gunfire and then get the hell out of here Was the Captain's thoughts before taking another deep breath and rounding the corner of his cover rifle raised before he suddenly froze seeing exactly how close the guardian was away from him. What the hell is he thinking? If he pulls the trigger he would be probably dead within the seconds that followed. Yet still he is running out of options and surrendering isn't one of them. Not when they are so close. So that only left him with one option. "Drop the weapon!" He said in the move authorative tone he could muster in attempts to hide his fear. "Drop it or I will fire guardian. I will not ask again."

Pyre-5 was taken aback slightly when the Eliksni came out and started demanding that he lower his weapon. Had he forgotten what he had said not a minute before, about the vengeful rage most lightbearers went into after being killed by an opponent? Then again, he might be aiming for Sirius, which he had prepared for; since Cayde’s death in the Prison of Elders, the Warlock had taken multiple extra precautions to ensure his Ghost would not be caught in the line of fire.

“You’re demanding me to put down my weapon,” he simply inquired, “even when you know that I cannot die so long as the Light flows through me? I must say, you’re either very brave or stupid, though which of them I can’t yet say.” He lowered the rifle slightly, still ready to spring into action should he be forced to undertake in combat. “I suppose I could humor you for a minute; it’s not like I’m eager to kill you, you know. As a philosophy, I never attack unless I am assaulted first, and I hold true to that no matter the circumstances.”

"I know what I said guardian, but I can't let you get in the way. Even if it means my own death, My brother and I have a duty to our house. I will not let the king's future be jeopardized by a guardian that refuses to mind his own business.I do hope you understand." The Fallen said as he kept his gun aimed at the guardian trying to hide the fear in his voice. One wrong move and it could mean his last but as long as they stayed here it mean the closer Ikota gets to the bunker

Although now being only a few feet apart it was possible for the guardian to truly get a good look at the captian. The captian was actually even shorter then he appeared from a distance. He seemed to be only around the size of a average human at about 6 feet, looking through some of the tears in his outfit it was possible to make out a good portion of his chest and his right arms was covered in bandages but perhaps the most striking thing about this captian was his eyes. Unlike the typical Eliksini glowing blue eyes his eyes was a soft almost pastel yellow. A true oddity within the fallen ranks. But despite all this there was unusual aura about him. Almost similar to that of a taken itself and it felt like it was getting stronger...

"Now leave this place Guardian. None of this concerns you or your city." Velkres said as suddenly his vision began to blur. No not now... He thought shaking his head trying to maintain focus before starting to visibly sway. "I....wont...l..let you stop us..." He said before suddenly collapsing.

Well, this was...unusual...to say the least. At first, it was only the fact of his height and eye coloration that surprised him, but he never expected him to collapse so suddenly right in front of him. “Is he ok,” Sirius pondered aloud, “I’ve never seen this happen before, especially not with the Fallen.”

Pyre-5 stepped a bit closer, his gaze never leaving the flailing Eliksni’s body as he tried to help him stand. It wasn’t really his intent to aid a possible enemy, but his natural instincts to aid all others got the better of him. Perhaps it was sympathy, possibly concern, or simply the fact that their race was slowly dying off due to the vast number of enemies they faced. Whatever the case, he attempted to get him up again.

The captian felt himself being lifted back to his feet. Looking over in he was barely able to make out the guardian holding him. "What...are you doing?" Velkres asked barely able to make speak before he blacked out. Something was clearly wrong with his condition

At this point the sounds of a steel door quickly being opened followed by rapid footstep leaving the area filled the room. It appeared the other fallen has managed to escape the area...

He said nothing, noticing that he’d already gone unconscious, or at least unaware of what was happening. Truth be told, this Eliksni almost reminded him of Mithrax the Forsaken, who had aided him in the past and founded the House of Light. Of course, this one has not yet done anything for him, but he was tired of seeing an entire race go extinct to justify an unobtainable goal.

He followed the sounds the other Fallen made, hefting the first with two arms on his shoulder as he headed to the door Sirius had indicated. His red eye lit up a small part of the darkness, but not enough to reveal himself just yet to the Taken or the Fallen.

Meanwhile deeper down the tunnels the captain's brother, Ikota ran on through the tunnels trying to put some distance between himself and the guardian before suddenly entering a very large opening...with a collapsed bridge. It didn't look like there was a alternate route. "Brother, the bridge has collapsed. I am going to go ahead and wait for you to regroup. How copy?" He said yielding no response. "Velkres? Are you there? Velkres?! He said starting to panic before looking back towards where he came from.

By the time Sirius had caught onto the Fallen signal, they were almost to the area from which the Eliksni’s brother was waiting. Pyre had made sure no harm had come to the one in his arms, helping him return to the one he cared for. He knew his pain, the horrible feeling of losing a loved one, and he knew it couldn’t be different for his (Velkres’) people either.

He managed to avoid being seen by other wandering groups of Cabal remnants and Taken forces, eventually reaching a large clearing with a collapsed bridge. If the other Fallen was here, he had not yet seen him.

((sorry for late response))

Ikota had in fact not seen the guardian's arrival as he was busy scanning the area below through the scope of his rifle. He was to busy trying to a way to cross the gap safely...along wit making sure there wasn't any "unpleasant suprises down below. After a few more minutes of careful examination the Eliksni gave a sigh before once again starting to send out messages in attempts to get in contact with his brother.

((I’m going on a temporary hiatus; I’ll be back fully in early August, I think, but I’ll check in every now and then.))

((I’m back again! I’ll post a full reply tomorrow; it’s almost 11:00 here.))

He could hear something being transmitted from a device on the Fallen’s belt, but the Guardian decided to leave it alone for the moment, mostly out of respect; he wasn’t one to interfere with small trifles such as this, unless they somehow managed to find him first. He set the Eliksni down near the opening, then peered in himself, finding the other standing alone whilst speaking into a machine similar to the first. He didn’t move, knowing that any shot of negative attention would result in another chase, and he was tired of that.

((Are you still there?))

((Are you still here?))

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Not as it seems...(Destiny RP)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus