Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Masque of the Red Death

Mikey followed Akio up the stairs, still holding he violin case in his hand. He continued to look around at everything, pretty interested in what he was seeing.
Ice (played by Mathgeek124)

Ice smirked and planned where to strike next. She was the one spreading and causing the death around her.
Akio (played anonymously) Topic Starter

The room itself was also fairly normal, just an entrance of course, though it could fit many people. Already one should be able to tell that the claim of being able to fit thousands may have been an exaggeration, but it did almost seem like Akio could do it if he really tried... Which kind of says something about the monarchy if they're doing things like this while some people were homeless and starving but hey.

The staircase was full of odd twists and turns, as well as paintings and other decorations that were very... Colorful, and most unnecessary in a narrow pathway such as this... How long had they been walking? It seemed like forever. They were sure to run out of stairs eventually!

"Perhaps it is time to greet our guests..." Akio muttered softly to himself.
Bonnie Marie (played by nav_kat)

Her eyes glowed immensely now, she clamped them shut, bearing only to be able to hear, no longer able to see.
She didn't want to be called out, surely she'd be thrown out, instantly.
'Damn my legs hurt...' Mikey though to himself as he walked up the stairs. He looked at the colorful decorations, which he thought was s little to bright for him.

"I hope all of this walking does not bother you. We are very close to the entrance if it does. I have not been informed of who is here yet, so this will be a surprise for us both!" Okay, is it just me, or is Akio giving off a small Willy Wonka feel with his bright colors, and odd tastes, and... Was that a gap in the stairs? Yep, Akio leapt right over it and kept on walking. It was an okay sized gap, maybe one and a half feet across, and looking down into it showed... Nothing but overwhelming darkness... Cool.

A woman walked up to Bonnie, staring at her hair and smirking.

"Excuse me? I hope you are aware that this is a castle, not a freak show," she, um, informed Bonnie. Of course, Bonnie probably already knew that, but that was the point.

She cleared her throat, she was prepared to give this.. "Madam" the treatment she had given her.
"Ma'am, If I should even call you that, I am aware of my.. unruly hair, if you would, would you go be a.. "Freak Show" some place else?"
She said, anger filled in her eyes. She didn't like being treated like a mistake.
Mikey shook his head. "No, it's fine." Yeah, Mikey thought this castle was quite a strange one, but he still thought it was super interesting.
Sissy (played by Maylee)

Sissy returned as a icy very light blue wolf. She walked up to the gates mud in her fur and she faked a slight limp in one of her legs, her tail tucked between her legs. She inched towards the guards acting like a scared dog, she whimpered when she came close to them her ears flat on her head.

Ice growled at the thought of the people protecting her prey. She walked to the castle dressed royally and smiled. Ice knocked on the door.

The staircase levelled out and opened into a large room full of people. The woman was about to say something back to Bonnie when...

"Welcome one, welcome all, we are glad to see you have all come safely!" A woman ascended a flight of stairs to stand next to the prince. By her fancy clothing, it could be assumed she was the duchess, who had been wandering about everyone else, making doubly sure no one there was infected.

The first guard took one look at the poor creature and let her in, feeling sorry for her. It's not like wolves could be infected, anyway.

The second guard studied Ice's face closely. She wasn't someone he recognized, but by the way she was dressed, he felt he should.

"And you are?"

She looked towards the Prince, standing to her feet, she folded her arms behind her back, under her cloak.
She listened carefully, waiting for the importance he had to say, though, she was still.. Pissed at the lady, she stood next to her, her hood up, covering her eyes and hair.
Mikey looked around at all the people, and was a little nervous about how many people were in one room.

"My name is Ice." She bowed. "I was in this kingdom when the disease struck. I was seeking shelter."

"The servants will show you to your rooms and, I am happy to announce, there will be a grand party tonight to welcome you all here!" Yeah... Bad idea since the Red Death herself is basically gaining entrance to your castle but... You do you, Akio. You do you... No one night to make sure anyone who was infected and gained entrance couldn't infect anyone... What's security?

"And ye weren't exposed to'e disease 't'all?" Oh, honey, she wasn't just exposed to the disease... She was the disease... Although, that wasn't noticeable at all, so, I guess we can't bash him for that-unless we can. Can we? No? Bummer.
Sissy (played by Maylee)

The icy blue wolf with mud mated fur and a bloddy paw held of the ground slunk towards the nearest guard to the castle gates her tail tucked between her legs. She whimpered as she came closer to the guard her ears flat on her head.

She nodded and bowed once more. "Thank you, your grace."

She let her arms droop to her sides.
She didn't really know what t'was like to attend a ball nor any type of dance. But why celebrate at this time of century? Why when there is a plague roaming around..?
She only took her seat, waiting to see if the lady would say anything further to her.

The first guard motioned for the wolf and the woman to both enter.

"Just 'urry it up!"

As for the woman, she didn't seem interested in making fun of Bonnie for the time being. She instead paid full attention to the duchess, who spoke next.

"Yes, yes, a masquerade the likes of which have never before been seen on this earth!" she cheered. "I have left masks and costumes for each of you, just in case you did not bring your own. I cannot wait to see you all there!" She then turned dramatically and left in a flash of purple, gold, and pink.

She clamped her hands together, emitting a sigh as her emerald eyes let out a soft glow upon her hands.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Masque of the Red Death

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus