Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Trick or Treat: The Hollow's Tale (Closed)

Silence Is Golden (played by MasterWinter)

Zanus was pulled from his thoughts of things long past, sensing the approach of Maxwell. He would hear what the other would inform him, and would catch a whiff of the blood smell. This was not normal human blood. No, not with the magic hum he could sense from the blood. Zanus wasn't too sure how this would affect him, hopefully not too bad. Since he wasn't drinking directly from the source, Maxwell wouldn't need to worry about any kind of temporary connection to Zanus. But sometimes an individuals blood had something in it.

It's been known that drinking from certain dragons, for example, could end up poisoning or cursing an individual drinking their blood. Some blood contained poison in it. Not that Zanus believed the blood he was given had anything to it, but when it came from a magic user, one couldn't be too careful.

"...Does this blood contain any properties to it, that I should be aware of before indulging myself?"
Raiden (played by Ebb1993)

He soon walked up to the bartender and said, "Hey, I'm probably considering having a job here, is that okay?"
Asroc - The Pygmalion Furnace (played by Asroc)

Asroc, along with his large robot strode out. The small one followed suit as all three carried trays of sweets. Cookies, Cupcakes and other treats for the guests. The French chef was in his Grimored form looking a bit different. Instead of in his Halloween, chef outfit, he wore had orange hair instead of his soft, blonde hair. His eyes were an orange colour as well. His armour however, complete with his pointed hat. His body armour was a darken grey with orange on it.

He rarely transformed around humans and other created, but this was needed. Mainly to help get everything ready for everyone.

"I think I did well?" He asked. He would set trays of the sweets onto the tables along with his robots helping as well.
Silence Is Golden (played by MasterWinter)

Zanu's phone would soon go off, before Maxwell would be able to answer him about the blood.

"Sorry about that, please excuse me. This is important."

Zanus took the call as it was his boss. Zanus kept his expression blank, as he listened to the call before hanging up.

"I'm sorry to say that I need to be going. That was my boss. They are short-handed and need me to give what help I can provide.

Zanus had noted the prices and pulled out bills from his wallet, and left a good tip for Maxwell along with the payment for his order.

"If you are open late, I'll come back for my dinner as a to-go order."

Zanus would swiftly down the magus blood, cleaned his mouth with a napkin, then excused himself from the building to head off to work.
Maxwell (played by Lucretire) Topic Starter

Before Maxwell could open his mouth, he heard the man's phone ring. Keeping his mouth shut, he waited for the man to finish before catching his abrupt dismissal. "Understood. Then I'll be sure to prepare a to-go order for you," Maxwell agreed, "However, it would be wise to return after 10 pm, as we usually close at 9 to prepare for the nightly rush hour."

Watching the male down the waiter's blood, he made a motion with his hand as if he meant to finish what he was about to say, but Zanus running out the door saw it lower to his side. He could only muse over the warning that he meant to give the Gunner before returning back to work. Other than a strange and warm tingling feeling, I'm sure he'll be fine. Worst that'll happen is he'll feel more... apt to talk to others or have a shorter temper than usual. More or less. The mage's element was fire (with a scant source of divine essence from an outside source), so of course some of the more heated traits may rub off on him. But ultimately, in Maxwell's mind, it was nothing to worry about unless damphyrs were more susceptible to the effects of elemental mana in blood.

Thus, he went on to bus the tables before reporting back to Lexi. After 9, the white haired part-time had plans to leave. He had his own business to attend to that didn't involve the bar, and concerned a more personal skillset.
Lexi (played by Lucretire) Topic Starter

While Lexi noted that Maxwell's recent customer planned to come back later for a to-go box, she caught Asroc making his way towards the tables to set up the treats he had just baked. "Now that's more like it!" Lexi cheered, "I knew I spotted some smoke in ya, kid! Now let's see ya set that into a hot fire! Don't forget ta give those out to th' guests!"

As she chortled in glee and kept an eye on the clock (which was a quarter 'til nine), she perked up as Raiden made himself known. A job? Probably considering? "Hmm, well...Tell ya what." Resting her elbows against the counter, she placed her hand in a raised arm while her free hand set to tapping dark brown fingers against the ebony wood. She gave the man a decent glance over before giving an exasperated and tired sigh. Her next few words were blunt, straightforward even. In the eyes of more sensitive people, it may come off as rude. But it was just her brand of brutal honesty. "Yeah, how 'bout no, aaannd-uh... Nope. Yeah, no. Sorry, man. Full ship. 'Less these guys are willin' ta quit and let y'all be workin' 'ere, I ain't interested. Them's th' breaks, sug. Move along~" That's all the owner would give as her answer, aside from a side eye to make sure he wasn't one of those surly types... Or worse, one of them weird ol' depressin' types that pull at lil' ol' Cre-baby honey's heartstings. Regardless, she would return to work, hearing him out if he had a new order for her, a complaint about her decision, or if he just meant to leave after that.
Raiden (played by Ebb1993)

"That's okay," he said. "I'm already busy with other things anyway. But at least it's nice to be here, everyone's friendly so far."
Asroc - The Pygmalion Furnace (played by Asroc)

He gave a nod at Lexi and balanced a few things on his hands. Seemed his grimmored form made things easier.

"Few tricks, some treats, never been this happy in my life."

His larger robot mimicked his move as well. Like master, like creator.

Pausing for a moment, he pulled off his tall hat to pull a few treats out from it.

"Forgot I had a few in there. Get them while they are still warm."
Astrid and Isabella (played by SkyeAnnMarie)

(sounds interesting may i join)
Stratos - Gluttonous Fly (played by Asroc)

Stratos drooled a bit as his ears flickered. His tail waved some a bit . However, he was still a bit hungry. He finished his share as he gave rather big puppy eyes.

"Can I have some more? Maybe more mutton? Wit' a side of ale?" He placed his paws together as he shown a large smile. He seemed rather happy.
Lexi (played by Lucretire) Topic Starter

((All right, guys, I'm closing this thread out since it's almost midnight here. Sorry to those who had wanted to join in; maybe next year! I hope you guys had a good time in the thread! Happy Halloween!))

It was already closing time for the restaurant (for the moment), and Lexi had ushered all the early birds to the club and the very last of the pub-side stragglers out. "Getcher asses on! If ya want the club, wait til' we open the gates in a few!" She snapped as she shooed out some of the drunkards with a cackle.

Maxwell sighed as he tossed his apron to the side. "Glad that's over... Now." He pointed a finger to Lexi as she locked the bar doors. "Don't you ever. Ever. Call for my assistance on such short notice again." Though Lexi won't ever listen to reason, I have to at least try to appeal to her...

Lexi waved him off as she placed a hand on her back and stretched mildly to crack her spine. "Yeah, yeah, don't give a damn, Maxie. Just tell Missy Melie that's she's always welcome here, you know the biz." With that, she posed proudly in front of her remaining crew. "Alright, ship mates, Lexi's countin' on ya to give the night owls somethin' ta write home about! Or at least call the cops about... Ha!"

"'Call the cops?' We don't need all that now, Lexi..." Nire chortled as she held open the back door, propping it with a chair as an impromtu door stopper. "At least not until later on anyway... But let's clean out the night area and get to welcoming the evening crowd!"

As Lexi, Nire, and the rest of the staff crowd along the halls towards that familiar downward stairwell to the basement club, Maxwell waved them off with a shake of his head. His night may have been considered over as soon as he set aside his apron, but the night had just begun for them... That's how it always was at the Hollow's Tale Pub and Club.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Trick or Treat: The Hollow's Tale (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus