Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Trick or Treat: Major Orion Styles

"Okay! Now I'm all set up." That was the voice of the N7 Slayer Vanguard himself, Orion Styles, now all set up for Halloween as he finished up his decorations for it. He has his bowl of candy out and full, ready to invite others inside, or even give the kids what they want the most. That nice sweet candy. Orion himself is dressed up as one of his favorite historical heroes, Miyamoto Musashi. Or at least a version of him.
efe61309397609a4bbf432a68a2f1963--hot-anime-anime-guys.jpg
"Now I'm ready." He said with a smile as he starts to sit down in his home, looking at his surrounds for a time.
mass_effect_3___shore_leave__citadel_dlc_by_megawug-d668qib.jpg
"And now for the waiting game." He said to himself as he looks at his Omni-Tool. His place is actually quite simple despite everything, but one of his commanding officers insists on giving this place to him.
Kyarin had been putting his costume together for months, so he desperately hoped someone would recognize it. He was dressed as a kender, more specifically he was Tasselhoff Burrfoot from the Dragonlance series.
a1c3ee711fcacba636653915be52f1ed_400x400.jpeg
Instead of the usual pack of things a kender would carry, Kyarin's pack was empty and ready to be filled with treats. He set out for some trick or treating, hopefully to make some friends and get some sweets. Walking, he sees a tall person wearing light blue/green robes and carrying two swords and a bowl of candy. "Well, time to get out of my comfort zone and talk to someone for once..." He muttered to himself, striding up to the door with a smile. "Trick or Treat!!" Kyarin said, hoping he's not too obnoxious for this person.
Orion Styles (played by SamuraiByakko) Topic Starter

Orion looks at the person come to him and grins. "Alright. Here's some candy." He said as he gives him some. "Never seen you around here before. Than again I hardly see people." He jokes a bit, but than he looks at the costume. "Hey...aren't you dressed up as Tasselhoff Burrfoot from that Dragonlance series?" He asks.
Kyarin happily takes some candy, stuffing it in his pouch. "Yeah, I'm pretty new around here, I don't really know anyone. You seem nice though!" As his new friend notices his costume, it's all he can do to keep from squealing in excitement. "Yes it is, thank you for noticing!!! Aren't you supposed to be uh.... Ma.. mi.. Miya... Miyamoto Mu... sa...shi? I'm not good with history or remembering things, so hopefully it's right!" Kyarin quickly clamps a hand over his mouth to keep from blabbering too much about things he doesn't know.

"You're right. Miyamoto Musashi. One of my favorite historical heroes." Orion said as he puts the bowl down and leans on the nearby wall. "He and Bruce Lee are the main reasons why I took up martial arts before enlisting into the Systems Alliance." He activates his Omni-Tool and starts to play some music from it.

Man, this guy is cool already, Kyarin thought to himself. "Yeah? That's a pretty good set of heroes, much better than some of mine, all of mine are from books, not real people at all." Sheepishly, he grins, although admittedly embarrassed he's not as cool as the Miyamoto look-alike in front of him. Glancing around the little area he was trick or treating at, he realised it looked quite nice and cozy. "Nice place you got here, seems comfortable. My heating system isn't working for whatever reason, so this is a nice change." Kyarin said, his head gently bobbing to the music.

"Oh. Thanks. Not my kind of place, but my commanding officer insisted on me having it. Saying that I deserve a little luxury as a reward for my service in the Alliance marines." He said as he takes out a beer, opens it and drinks some of it while looking up at the stars. "All because I had to move through the black ocean of space and face some treats to galactic peace." He puts the beer down with a small sigh.
Kyarin was speechless for a second. This guy's been in space??! "Wow... that's.... wow..." Kyarin said stupidly. "Uhm. How was it? In space, I mean. What threats did you fight? If you don't mind me asking, you don't have to answer if you're not comfortable with it. I just... Wow. Space??" Kyarin again clamped his hand over his mouth before he overwhelmed himself and his friendly trick-or-treat host. "Sorry for my annoyingness. I don't think that's a word. But seriously, I talk too much, I apologize."
Another Hallow's Eve, another good excuse to roam the streets as she was. Sylsalis had been getting used to the holidays and traditions that circulated throughout Sanctum when she was off duty and finding some free time for herself. Her appearance had caused her to be stopped and complimented or gawked at, usually not something that she really liked, but tonight, it was only understandable. Any distaste for it had to be shoved aside just for the time being, especially if she wanted any kind of peace of mind.

However, as the night rode on, Sylsalis found herself thinking about life back home. Her fiancé had gone through a lot of trouble to keep her well maintained since a Merr often had special needs outside of their natural habitats.... Maybe doing that 'trick-or-treat' thing would have been nice. Bringing him back some candy would surely show her appreciation.

The first house that Sylsalis saw was one that had been decorated for the occasion, and it seemed that there was already a visitor making small talk with the owner of the abode. Making her way over while mentally preparing herself, Sylsalis slowly approached, observing for a moment before clearing her throat to announce her presence to the others that were there.

"Hi... Uh, H-hi there!" Sylsalis started, her voice barely above a whisper at first before she projected her voice a little more. "Happy tidings to you this evening. Trick or treat!"

"Eh. No problem. Yeah. Pretty much I had to face things like bad mercs, slavers, raiders, and even some rouges from a group called Cerberus." He said to Kyarin with a grin. "So don't worry about it dude." Looking at his Omni-Tool, he starts to look through his playlist and plays another song that seems appropriate for Halloween.

He than hears another one call out the usual 'Trick or Treat' but with a greeting along with it, which made he turn to look at Sylsalis. "Hi there." He said with a smile as he holds out his bowl to her. "Go ahead and take some." He said. However, he's not holding his bowl using his hand. Oh no... the bowl itself seems to be floating as its surrounded by a pale blue aura, and so is Orion as he held his hand out, controlling it. He's pretty much using his biotics.
Walking forward and reaching out, Sylsalis took three pieces of candy and got them put into her bag. With a slight smile, she looked back up to Orion, "thanks. Nice costume, by the way."

It was a small compliment just so that Sylsalis could make nice for the night. With a gentle wave, the merr turned to leave, but not before saying, "have a good rest of the evening, sir."

Orion waves back as he puts the bowl back down. "Thanks, same to you. See ya." He than finishes up his beer and tosses the bottle to the trash can. He would have missed, but he uses his biotics to make it land inside.
Kyarin apparently was not paying attention when a second visitor showed up, but meekly squeaked out a "Happy Halloween!" To the leaving visitor. To his host to whom he'd been so rude to for his inattentiveness, he apologized. "I don't know what just happened but I'm sorry. Have a happy Halloween!" And thus he walked down the street to a new house.

He nods and than goes back to staring out in the distance. Once again, he was waiting, playing the waiting game as he listens to the trick-or-treaters go out to get their candy. Even some who just bother others for no reason seem to not stop him from enjoying this.
Basil and Beare Fore (played anonymously)

The two dryads walked quietly, their claws gently tapping against the side walk as they went. By now, Beare's face paint was staring to smear and run, the painted bags under her eyes looking like some weird shadowy make up. The blue tint around the edges of her face was becoming messier as the night wore on. She seemed a bit annoyed, for some reason Basil couldn't place. Her tail was lashing and she kept her head low and hand clutched tightly around her candy bag.
The two of them turned down the path of the house, and Beare started ahead, fixing her suit top and gently pulling her skirt up some so she could move faster without tripping over it and dying an embarrassing death.
She stopped in front of the host, not even bothering to change her tired, bitter expression into some sort of smile. "Trick-or-treat," Beare said coolly. Basil stopped a bit further down the path, checking his phone and then pocketing it again, and looking back to Beare.

"Hey there. Go ahead and grab from the bowl." Orion uses his biotics to lift the bowl by surrounding it in a pale blue aura. He than lowers it down to them, allowing them to grab some. "You two enjoying the Trick 'r Treating?" He asks with a small grin.
Basil and Beare Fore (played anonymously)

"Yeah," Beare said in an empty monotone, seemingly unimpressed by his abilities, and whatever might've been in the candy bowl. She picked a random piece of candy out of the bowl and tossed it into her bag. She yawned, murmured, "Thank you," and turned to leave.
"Do you want to head home soon?" Basil asked as she walked past.
Beare nodded and stiffed another yawn.
Basil nodded, waved 'good bye' to Orion and turned and followed Beare off.

Orion waves back and moves the bowl back down with his biotics, looking back up to the sky as he waits for the next ones to drop in for some candy. "I think I need to make some hot tea or something." He said to himself.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Trick or Treat: Major Orion Styles

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus