Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » dead rps

How many people out there are tired of dead rps? It seems when you join one its exciting for about a couple of days maybe even a weak and it starts to flat line. does anyone else have that problem?
I know what you mean there, I've had rps that were fun for a day or two then just became flat out boring. It is why I have kept all my forums open expect for those that are 1x1's.
fallensiner Topic Starter

It seriosuly becomes annoying. Its all fun and games until the thread dies. Rip threads.
Amen there. I have had the same things happen to me only that it happens more so on my PM's or when I've been unable to answer for a while do to work and school.
It's even worse when you have ADD.

I bet it hell, especially if you have ADD . i just get in a rping machine mode and i want to keep rping especially if i get into the topic.
I have started several new RPs because of this phenomenon. It's kind of unavoidable. :/ It seems like often, for one reason or another, RPs just teeter out after a time. Dead RPs make me so sad D:
Im always starting new rp's because of this. I try to keep up the action so it doesnt get boring but sometimes you just hit that spot in a rp that you cant add anything more or it just strays completely of topic. It gets crazy. I try to keep going in a rp though it gets hard.

Yep it does get hard to continue, but when you hit that ending point, i think a proper closing for it would be good. That way its not dead in a way but finished.
Into-The-Unknown I understand your postion because I also have ADD and it makes me sad that a rp goes dead. D: I try to start new forums up but usually I can't think of something new randomly without it being pretty bad.
For me, this always seems to happen with forum RPs (maybe I'm bad luck XD). Many of those had such potential, so it's sad to see them die. Still, it's always good to look back on the fun you've had with it, even if it was shorter than you hoped. :)

Everyone's busy with life, and good, creative RPing takes up a lot of time and energy, so it'll often become a chore in addition to real-life chores, taking the fun out of things. Or so I theorize, anyway. XD I don't think it has anything to do with motivation. I'm pretty sure that even if everyone who replied to this topic was to plan the most epic RP ever, and everyone would be super motivated to see it through to the end, the RP would still die before its conclusion. I think it's a universal constant. XD

So far the only RPs I've been in that didn't die, were RPs through instant messaging or PMing, where there is a general (though very vague) idea of the direction the overall story will take, divided up into smaller, manageable bits each time. That seems to work well, at least. :)

CelestinaGrey wrote:
I have started several new RPs because of this phenomenon. It's kind of unavoidable. :/ It seems like often, for one reason or another, RPs just teeter out after a time. Dead RPs make me so sad D:

Like this one? XD
Boo

Only did one RP so far, a 1x1, we weren't able to finish it because we both became busy with our lives and stuff, I guess it's kinda annoying but we all got our reasons.
Reminds me that I need to get back on rping.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » dead rps

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus