Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » This is the War- No Females Allowed

Mila (played by StillDoll)

Slyder stood in front of the full body mirror, checking out her dress up. Luckily enough for her, the men clothes fit perfectly and hid the most obvious signs that she was a girl. She didnt want to play the role of a man but she was being forced to, considering women werent allowed in war. There was a reason for her to go to war. It was rather simple as well. Her brother,Raye, needed her help.

Raye had sent her a short, letter earlier that week. Saying that he had secured her a spot in the war as a machine mechanic and that he knew she was the best mechanic that anyone could possibly have but they wouldnt except her being a woman so he told them she was a man. Now all she had to do was use the money he had sent in the envelope to buy the right type of clothes, as listed, and arrive to the base camp. The military was loosing men faster than they could replace them and even their repair men were disappearing. So now Raye had offered her help and was practically begging for her help. The war was everything to Raye, it always had been.

Slyder made sure her shoulder length, sky blue hair was pushed up inside her hat and that her choppy bangs slightly covered her eyes so that she looked more like a shy type of man. Hopefully it would keep away most questions. Grabbing her tool belt, she strapped it on then let out a slow, calming breath. Already being at the base camp, it was only her first day but they were already sending her out into the field.

Walking out of her own personal tent, she made her way to the armored car and climbed in. Sitting at the very back, at the very end of the hard metal bench. She had to admit that it was nerve racking doing something as crazy as this. She was surrounded by men of all types in the armored car but she stayed quiet and kept to herself trying to draw as little attention to herself as possible. Vibrations, gun fire, and explosions surrounded them as they drove and she could only imagine what was waiting for her when she arrived at the machine she was assigned to. She would have to work with four other men inside the machine and keep herself hidden as a man the whole time. This war could last for years for all she knew..
Dean king (played by Ambrosia)

"Dean you're the best... Man-ish for the job!" The general said happily as the helicopter dropped both Dean and himself in the base.
"Yeah, but I need a team, a mechanic, frontman, marksman and scout" walking along the path as fellow soldiers walked past looking at him and talking about him amongst themselves
"Yes well, we'll see to it that you get the best team you require"

By accident Dean knocked into Slyder "sorry, my mistake"
Mila (played by StillDoll) Topic Starter

Slyder stumbled back a bit as someone ran into her, clearing her throat quietly to make it a little deeper. "Its okay," she said but kept her head down a bit so the hat shadowed her face. Before she could move on however, she was stoped by a hand on her shoulder. "What are you qualified for boy?" The general asked. She quickly took out a piece of paper and handed it over to him.

The general looked over it and his eyes brightened up as he realized this was the mechanic everyones been talking about. The one thats supposed to be Raye's brother and the best mechanic they can get. "Dean! Heres our best mechanic right here! You can have him on your team since you'll only have the best," the general said, making Slyder turn around to face Dean.

Slyder was already nervous enough about it all. Now she was going to be working with the best which means she had to up her game.

Dean raised his brow in suspicion "really? Here hand me that paper" the general handed the paper to him and had a huge smile on his face, he gave Slyder a pat on the back
"This man you're working with isn't just a soldier he's a super soldier. He was part of project Icarus, the infamous mutating project that about 20 soldiers took part of 100 years ago" 100 years ago? Then Dean must be 125 "this man right here is the captin America of are time just, not in any costume. But the other soldiers that were experimented on were not so fortunate... They all mutated into monsters and started to go crazy... One of them was Dean's brother. Dean had to kill his brother and the other 18 soldiers because nobody else can and I--" Dean interrupted and handed the paper to Slyder "welcome aboard, we'll get your equipment ready, you be ready at sunrise tomorrow. There will a team waiting for you including me near the east border enterence of the camp. You will be briefed of our mission there"

Dean released one of his blades that came out fom his arm, piercing through his skin on his middle and ring finger (like subject 18 in Xmen wolverine) "general when you're around me don't ever tell that story... Do you understand!" He snapped at the general who was really afraid

Slyder wasnt truly paying attention to the story whenever the general was telling it. Though she did catch bits and pieces that she put together to make the story. Instead her focus was on Dean as he studied her paper. Relaxing and sighing with relief as Dean gave it back, she had a reason to believe she had to watch her actions around him. He seemed like the type to not miss many details. "Yes sir," she said, taking the orders and paper from Dean.

She jumped whenever the blades came out of his skin however and her eyes widened considerably. She had never seen anyone like this before. He had blades. Inside of him! Not being able to help herself, she reached out and touched the flat part of the blade. It was definitly real so she quickly pulled back her hand before he cut her on accident. The general nodded quickly then looked at Slyder as if she was crazy whenever she reached out and touched the blade.

"And don't call me sir, Dean" he held out his hand to shake hers "it's Dean King"

After his quick introduction he made his way to his tent, lining up his guns and taking off his shirt. He sat outside the tent with his head in his hands for a moment then rubbed his eyes as he started to help some of the soldiers unload some of the heavy equipment.

At one point a tank was being lifted onto an armoured truck for extraction and got study on something and Dean single handedly forced the end of the tank up and pushed it on

Slyder nodded and shook Dean's hand. Then she asked the general where she would be staying and he pointed to the tent right onthe outskirts of the camp. Nervousness clawed at her belly as she looked towards the outskirts and started over there. There was a good reason and a bad reason for her tent being there. She would have more privacy was the good one. But she wasnt a fighter and if there was a surprise attack she would probably be the first one hit was the bad one.

Upon getting to the tent, she paused at the entrance then went inside. There was a cot and a small desk with a small chair. So it was relatively small all together which didnt really bother her, she was ised to small. Setting her bag down, she groaned softly as she realized it was going to be a hot day and she was stuck wearing long sleeves. Unfortuantely she couldnt take her shirt off or she would be in serious trouble. If a woman was caught in war, it was punishable by death. "Stupid Raye.. Honestly he couldve asked before signing me up for this damn job.." She muttered as she set her tools down on the desk.

Dean's tent was relatively close to hers, but he was still helping with all the moving around "Dean, son, here's your team. Sam Bane, Mitchel 'Burdock' Stone and Nathanial 'Shot' jones. You already know of your engineer" the general had someone fetch her "introduce yourself son" he asked Slyder.

Slyder had been unprepared for having to introduce herself so she was quiet for a moment before figuring it out. "Slyder Kennedy." She introduced herself but stayed relatively quiet about it. The last she wanted was alot of attention. For once she was glad she had draped her bangs in front of her eyes and her hat was shadowing her face. She couldnt help but to check out each of the men she was working with. Especially Dean. But it only took a second so no one wouldve noticed it. Having her tool belt on, she was ready for anything they would put her through. And she knew that the machine they would be working with would need alot of work. Raye had told her that so she had a shady idea of what she was up against

Dean evaluated his team "pointman, Burdock what is you job in my team?" His voice was calm but his body language said otherwise. He was covered in dirt and mud from all the lifting
"To take the front by your side sir!" Burdock replied, Dean looked at him with a smug smile "and why do you call me sir?" Burdock looked at him confused "uhh I..." Dean smiled at him and placed a friendly hand on his shoulder "my rank doesn't make me any different than you, I may be different in strength and have, blades in my arms but that doesn't make me any better than you" Burdock loosened up a little and smiled back.

"Shot front and centre" Dean ordered sounding relaxed than ever "what's your job Nathanial?" Nathan stood in front of him relaxed "I'm the sniper" he replied looking at Dean but Dean didn't smile back "and why are you so relaxed?" Seriousness clearly on his face "even though I said that I'm no better than you that's no reason that you shouldn't take me seriously, whatever I tell you to do I d it to save your life"

Slyder was obviously tense and nervousness ate at her as she watched Dean talk to the men. Asking them their jobs, she wondered if he would do the same to her even though he had already been told twice what her job was. Shifting her weight to her other foot, she kept her hand in her cargo pants pockets. Fongering the blade of her pocket knife carefully as a nervous habit of hers. Keeping her head ducked down, she was silent.

Dean did a full check on all of them except Slyder "so, Slyder is it?" Evaluating her from a feet he didn't want to invade her privacy "so what's your skill? Other than fixing stuff what else can you do combat wise?"

Slyder was silent for a moment before shrugging. "Im good with a knife but i cant do much else," she replied. Which was somewhat true. She was good at fighting with a knife but she was an excellent knife thrower. She had never tried out a gun so she wouldnt know how could she was with those. Looking up at Dean, she studied his eyes for a moment trying to figure him out. "What i mean is i can throw a knife. I have never used a gun so i wouldnt know about those," she added, explaining herself better. The longer she stayed here, the slowly more confident she got.

Dean looked into her eyes and squinted a little "really..." He said moving in closer to her as he studied her further. He looked at her with a little suspicion but didint say much "we'll Slyder, you have a team of the best so we can all cover each other and take care each others weak points" he turned to the general who had a big smile on his face thinking that the war is going to be a wining battle it only time will tell.

Dean turned and faced the team "I'm Dean, I'm going to be in charge of you three but I want you to understand that I am no better than you. However, if I give an order than I want it to be taken care of because I do it to save your lives as well as mine" he was shirtless but it didn't matter to him, the sun beaming down on him made him sweat.

Slyder couldnt help but take a step away from him when he started studying her eyes. Quickly looking away from him, she avoided eye contact with anyone. Once Dean was done giving his intro to his group, the general stepped forward to Slyder. Pulling her over to the side, he made Slyder look up at him. "Boy, i need you to do me a favor. Keep a sharp eye on Dean. I dont want him over stepping his bounds just because we need him here," the general said. Slyder figured she was in no position to argue so she nodded her agreement.

The general grinned and clapped her on the back, almost knocking her hat off but she quickly put her hand on top of it to keep it on. Still a couple long pieces of sky blue hair escaped and she knew it. Hoping nobody saw, she quickly excused herself and rushed off to her tent. Closing the tent flaps, she groane softly at the heat and frustration she was feeling. Taking off her hat, her hair cascaded down her shoulders to just below her shoulder blades. Then she quickly gathered it up and stuffed it back under the hat. Fixing her hair up, she had to sit down on her cot and take off her long sleeved over shirt, getting too hot to keep it on. Sitting there for a couple of minutes she figured it was time to get back so she quickly put her shirt back on and fixed it up.

Night fell quickly as Dean helped the army move around equipment, he was the strongest they had. Dean took a quick shower then went to his tent when he was all cleaned up.

He started to get his weapons ready and took out his blades again as he watched his reflection with sad eyes. It was another sleepless night for him and as the sun began to rise he'd gather his team and stand by the south gates "okay men, I need you to show me what you have with this first mission. The enemy is sought to have a training camp not far from here. I had Sam go and scout the area and he came back with a map and a few uniforms, he's there already in the camp waiting for us so he can sabotage them on the inside" Dean briefs them all on the mission before making his way over to Slyder

"Look, I don't care what the general said because I don't want to be here... I do t want to be anywhere near the freaking government but they needed me here badly so I agreed... Here" handing her a belt with throwing knives in it. The knives were small and silver and both the belts he gave her contained about 20 each.
"You might need this because I have a special role for you"

Slyder had worked most of the night with the other mechanics. So she was a bit tired by morning since she only got an hour of sleep but she shrugged it off. Now standing before Dean, she listened to him and took the clothes as well as belts. "Not that im really intrested on watching your every move anyway," she said as she looked at the clothes. Not caring if the general told her to not tell him. "Whats my mission?" She asked, looking back up at him. She noticed all the other guys starting to dress in the other uniforms, she quickly looked away but would wait till she could make an excuse to go back to her tent or go somewhere private to change.

Dean raised a bro once more because he had no idea why she didn't get changed "your mission is to infiltrate the building with me, don't get spotted and dot look suspicious" she was a girl so it shouldn't get any more suspicious than that "Shot will provide sniper support from the closest hill and Burdock will put demolition charges, you're coming with me inside heir HQ to sabotag their robots and helicopter then extract intel from their HQ computer"

Slyder nodded and took in all the information before trying to think up an excuse. "Um i have to get something from my tent it will only take a minute," she said. Not leaving any room for arguent as she quickly ran back to her tent. Inside, she quickly stripped down and dressed in the clothes he gave her. Managing to fix the clothes so that they covered up the fact she was a girl. Though it was a bit on the hard side. Clipping on the belts, she slipped on her dogtags that she got that morning then ran back to the group. "Uh sorry had to grab my dog tags," she said to Dean, still having her hat on and not planning on removing it.

Dean got his weapons ready and led the team on their short 2 day journey through the scorching heat in the desert "everyone got food and water packed?" Getting his things together before leaving the camp.

The scorching heat of the sun burned into their skins as they started to sweat also, it'd be crazy to wear long and heavy clothing hence the reason why all the members of thread started to remove their shirts... Except Slyder "hey Slyder, arn't you hot in them?"

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » This is the War- No Females Allowed

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus