Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Haunted Halls(Open-Need another ghost)

Jenny O'Samison (played anonymously)

A young female ghost walked around in the darken hallways of a high school building. It wasn't an abondaned high school, it had plenty of students but it was after hours, no one was there. She was still looking for someone to talk to, hopefully another ghost so that she wouldn't be as lonely as she was. She had been dead for over a hundered years and never met another ghost. She didn't care weather they were a boy or girl, as long as they were someone to talk to. She kept walking through the hallways, listening to the wind blow over the roof top. "Being dead is so lonely." She whispered.
Death (played by PenGryphon2007)

Reaper wasn't one for lounging about while on the job, but given that the last mortal he had attempted to consume had given way to an epic battle between himself and death, he figured he had earned a bit of a respite.

And a high school was as good a place as any to rest for an incorporeal Reaper who was keeping an eye out for mortals likely to expire suddenly and without warning.

So it was that he happened to nonchalantly be lounging in the building, his scythe pointed harmlessly at the ground, when he overheard the girl's comment.

He snorted, turning his hooded head to look for her. "I guess no one took time to consider the ramifications of death for those of us condemned to the non-life we're forced to sustain here. Pity really, we could use a bit of fun now and again."
Jenny O'Samison (played anonymously) Topic Starter

The ghost girl was surprised to hear someone else respound to what she had said. She knew there were few people who could see the lost spirits, let alone hear them. She had her back turned to the man and she quickly turned around to see who had spoken. She was stunned to find him looking at her. She simply nodded at first but after a few silnet moments she decided to speak again. "That is true, but there isn't really any fun for the dead can experence."

She had noticed that the scythe that the man was holding, she assumed by his respounce to her earlier that he was most likely a reaper. Most ghost would see as a possible chance to live again, but for this ghost, she didn't want to live again. She used to love life but then it grew so cold that she had killed herself because of it. Death was always cold but at least she didn't suffer as much as she did in life. To her, life was more of a sin than a gift.

Reaper inclined his head briefly. "One must make fun exist in the afterlife, be it here or...elsewhere."

He threw back his hood to reveal a dark-haired young man in his mid-twenties. Obviously he was too old to be in high school now, though he once had been.

"Of all the places for a spirit to linger, what brings you here?"

The ghost woman simply sighed. She had been a quiet, shy girl and was bearly knew how to have fun with people she didn't know. She seemed unfazed to seeing the reaper's face, but she didn't dare move her bangs to show her face. Her bangs covered only half her face but there was a shadow casted over her other eye that shower. She looked to be rather young, young enough to go to high school. "I died because of this school." She said simply.

"So...what exactly happened?" He didn't usually make a habit of prying into what had killed a person. Most of the time it was obvious: forceful collisions with an unyielding object, physical ailments, stuff like that.

"I've got all day, kid. Heck, all millennium if you want to be specific." He lounged back again. "Is how you died the reason why you keep your face hidden?"

The female ghost did not answer right away, staying silnet just staring at the reaper, as though she was looking into his heart if he had one at all. She looked away form him, remembering her story of death. "I had moved here in the middle of the 11th grade. Everyone acted as if I had been going to that school all year long. I started dating this senior, he had said he loved me and I truly though I did too. As the year drew to a close, everyone treated me like I had done something wrong. I found out someone had somehow found a way to make it look like I was leaving some other guy's house. My boyfriend left me. I felt so depressed that I took the medicines that my mom gave me ever monring to this school and took an overdose of them. It was a slow, painful death, but it was death nonetheless. I now haunt these halls, trying to help the depressed students."

She shook her head. "No, I hide my face because if a human looks like them they will see a small green light." She simply shrugged.

He listened with interest to her story, waiting until she was done. "So you let a set up determine your future." He sighed and picked up his scythe. He angled the blade of it to begin picking at the non-existent dirt under his nails. "I can't say I'm surprised. I've run into many souls who have opted out. And at least your goal is an honorable one, to help out those who are depressed and suffering."

He paused and then looked up at her again. "How exactly do you help them? Don't you frighten them in the process?"

The ghost really did not care weather she choose the same choice of death as many other ghosts, she did it for a reason and she will deal with it. She knew her case was a common one, is to see. Bullies hurt a child so badly that they could not go on any longer and takes their own life.

She shook her head. "As far as I can tell, no, I have not scared off any of the students here. There has been a old rumor about me, "A female ghost who died in these halls that help students instead of taking revange on the students who hurt her". It is not hard to hear about a rumor in a high school, weather your dead or alive. I simply find the depressed child, and when they are alone a will write "Show them who you are. Let your light shine. Don't take your furture away because of them. Don't end up like me. Live on, and show them who you really are." on either the ground infornt of them or whatever they are looking at." She pulled out a normal sized pencil out of her pocket. "Somehow, when I died this was in my pocket and it followed with me into the after life."

Reaper was intrigued with the way she was using her ability; and he had cocked his head to the side listening raptly.

"Interesting. Perhaps that is why you have not been collected." He turned to look at the pencil when she pulled it out and he started to reach for it before pulling back.

Material objects did not translate into the incorporeal realm without a reason or without substantial power and he didn't particularly care to be burned by whatever magic the pencil carried. "You can communicate with it? Then it is a rare prize indeed." He offered a grin. "Let me guess, it was your favorite pencil?"

She simply shrugged. "I amused that because of my choice of death, I would be forced into spending my after life on Earth." She had believed that those who had killed themselves or were killed before their time were going to spend their after life in misery, watching the living face the same fate.

She nodded. "Yes, I used it to write down only the important facts and believes to me. I never really though much about it during my life time, but it was strange to find it in my pocket when I died and crossed over to my after life."

Reaper cocked his head to the side as he listened. His eyes were they not so dark, might have flashed with interest. "Is that right?"

A grin broke out across his face. "We could have some fun with that pencil, if it works the way you say it does."

Jenny raised an eyebrow at the reaper. "What ever do you mean?" She said in a unnevreing calm voice. She did not understand what he meant by having fun with a simple pencil.

"Well, think about it; you have a pencil that can communicate from the afterlife to the living. You can pass on notes and messages to people, good or bad..." he hummed for a moment, "I imagine we can warn those who are about to die and rob Death of his ability to catch people."

Ah yes, to see Death so readily come for someone only to have them live...it would be the greatest distraction ever!

(I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry for the late reply. I've had a lot going on and must have lost it somewhere.)

Jenny raised an eyebrow at him. "I have no problem with that but why are you trying to rob Death of his ability? You are reaper, correct? So why are you trying to weaken someone you work for?" She was honestly curious as to why he would want to weaken Death with doing such a thing as a prank.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Haunted Halls(Open-Need another ghost)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus