Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » A Beautiful Night to be on the Run

Children of the Star (played by TheLily)

Atlas stood in the window of the quiet apartment building. He had successfully moved the younger kids into their new place and now he was just waiting on Patches and Shutter. He was getting antsy, bouncing from foot to foot.

He hated the time in between the plan and the success. It was a stress he could scarcely afford. His eyes darted this way and that on the quiet street, tempted to contact them.

The static on his headset made him twitch to the left.

he was ready, of course, to head in and get them if he needed to - but he didn't want to do that. Besides, he hated to think of waking up the kids, especially Sparky, since they were all exhausted and passed right out the moment he got them into bed.

"We're still on our way, Atlas. Just sit tight." The crackle of Patch's voice in his ear did loosen his shoulders some, but it would be little in the way of real comfort. Not until they were there and they were all nestled in bed.
Sergeant (played by JayBird)

"I think I might have a solution to your little problem."
"And what problem would that be, Colonel?"
"Your... Misplaced property."
"I see."
"Come to this address tomorrow. I think you'll agree."

~*~

The Sergeant kept pace with the two of the oldest, designated One and Three accordingly. He had been told to hunt, and given photos and pieces of clothing to track them by. Rising from his perch, he took a quick glance down to figure their probably course, then backed away from the edge of the rooftop and pictured his own path in his mind, his elongated toes curling and digging into the gravel before he launched himself into a sprint and leaped across the open space between buildings.

~*~

"I've never heard of this program, Colonel... When did it start?"
"Hmm... When did
we start it, or when did it start?"
"What do you mean?"
"I assume, in our line of work, you've heard of a man named Josef Mengele?"
"Ah, I see."

~*~

The Sergeant didn't know who they kids were, nor did he care. He was woken up, he didn't know after how long, and told to track, confront, detain, but cause no permanent harm. As such he was given a weapons kit, and spent all of six hours familiarizing himself with the gear. Something called an MP7 and a HK 417, which reminded him of the M16 from another time he was awake, and a Remington 870, which he was already familiar with. In addition, he chose two knives and a hatchet, which he knew he would use over the guns. Pouches on his chest contained the ammunition, lethal on the left, non-lethal on the right.

~*~

"What is this?"
"This is the Sergeant. He, like our program and this facility, have no name. As a matter of convenience, we simply gave him a rank to call him by."
"And what makes your Sergeant so special, Colonel? He looks as human as my own creations."
"Looks can be deceiving, as you'll see when he climbs out of that pod. He's less than human, but in the same stroke, much, much more."
"How so?"
"Animal DNA. Gorilla, jaguar, crocodile, axolotl, just to name a few."
"Interesting... How did you manage that? Medically, I mean."
"In truth... Let's just say that a containment breach regarding his incubator is responsible for the AIDS crisis in our country."
"I see."

~*~

The Sergeant sniffed the air as he found concealment ahead of One and Three, a rumbling growl of excitement coming from his throat as he caught a bare sniff of the one he called Two. It would begin soon, and he would be fed and turned loose for a few days, something he always cherished. Closing his eyes, he could picture the trees and the forest, and smell the pines and the mountains.
Soon.
Children of the Star (played by TheLily) Topic Starter

Patches ran freely on the sidewalk, playing a friendly game of tag with Shutter, who couldn't keep up with her. He had basically none of his equipment, only a basic digital camera he held in both hands.

She kept pace with him, for the most part. She didn't have to worry about any of her supplies. She had a small medical kid in her left pocket, otherwise she had nothing with her.

This was supposed to be a quick run from one safe house to the other.
Sergeant (played by JayBird)

The Sergeant watched the pair, the ever so light scent of Two growing stronger. Scanning the area ahead, the genetic abomination decided to cross the street. Moving to the far side of the roof, he took two preparatory breaths before sprinting across and leaping, covering the almost forty feet relatively easily as he caught the edge of the roof next to a fire escape. Below, One and Three might detect his passage by the strange sort of hush that would fall as he flew over them, the large male landing with no more noise that a jungle cat.
As he transferred his grip to the fire escape, the Sergeant's focus was broken by the sudden piercing wail of a car alarm, the intense noise causing him to slip and land heavily upon the metal structure with a resounding clang, the barrels of his firearms knocking against the steel doing even more to give away his presence.
Recovering, he turned and looked at his prey, sensing that the time for stealth had passed, and that he would have to try to take these two out before moving on to the others. Vaulting from the side of the building, he landed in the middle of the street, looking up to track the fugitive children.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » A Beautiful Night to be on the Run

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus