Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » An Impossible Assignment (1x1)

Claisen Grace (played by PenGryphon2007)

Claisen Grace accepted her mission from the king with a bow and then promptly turned to leave. Her face was perfectly neutral, covering up her inner terror. Her assignment: to track down a rival prince and slay him. The assassination itself wasn't what had her shaking in her boots though. It was the fact that about a month ago, she'd ignored the first rule in training and had let her victim see her face before she delivered the fatal blow. The man had been a wizard who had cursed her to receive the same pain she dealt out.

She hadn't told anyone of this; the wizard had, of course, been released and he'd vanished as though she had killed him; but he was also the only one who could undo this nasty spell that was wrecking her life. Her mask dropped when she left the chamber room of the king and ran to her room to pack her belongings. She was going to find a way around this curse if it killed her.

And it very well might.

At last she was packed, sword at her side, hidden sheaths strapped to her arms, daggers placed within reach and in her boots, and all that was left was a blue-black cloak and her small pack that contained the basics. She had money to buy what she needed along the way; there were advantages to being employed by the king, and she made use of them. Once she had a description of the prince, she was ready to go. And with that, she set out to the last known whereabouts of a man matching the prince's description.
Taiven (played by scarheart12)

Cyrus, Prince of the Shadow Valley Kingdom was out in the stables grooming his trusty steed. This horse was an unusul one, since he was in fact not a hore but a large black pegasus with soft midnight colored wings. The horse whinned a few times as if sensing danger but Cyrus paid no attention to him. He put away the grooming brushes and headed towards the garden where Scar his tiger awaited him. The tiger leaped in the air and tackled him to the ground, gently licking his face. "D-down boy!" Cyrus chuckled patting his massive head.
Claisen Grace (played by PenGryphon2007) Topic Starter

It had taken her a while to track down this prince, but at last she felt she had him figured out. Except that the more questions she asked, the more confused she grew as to how she was going to kill him.

The prince had a horse and a tiger. It was going to be a difficult assignment, of that she had no doubt. At the very least, her questions had directed her to the area of town where Cyrus had last been seen. Given that he had a horse, she had started by checking out the stables. She never thought she'd run into him there. Or rather the tiger.

She had been coming from the opposite end of the stables, when her eyes widened at the sight of the tiger; she turned and ran. No one had said anything about the tiger being unleashed!

Scar saw the strange person and let out a low and menacing growl. "What is it boy?" Cyrus looked up to see a long cloak disapear around the corner of an old cottage. "Hmm I wonder who that could have been." Cyrus pulled out a lether leash with small diamonds on it and hooked it around his large tigers neck. He walked in the direction where the odd being had dissapeared, hoping that it wasn't another rebel.

Claisen stopped as soon as she rounded the corner. What was she running for? The tiger had startled her; but more than that, she needed to carry out her assignment.

She shook out her arm, releasing the dagger hidden up her sleeve. The sooner she got it over with, the better. And remembering the curse, decided to go for his wrist if she could do so.

As soon as he came around the bend...she'd tackle him to the ground.

"Hey!" Cyrus landed heavily on his back and struggled beneath her. Scar grabbed her hood and held her high in the air growling. "Whats your problem?" Cyrus yelled at her standing up irritatedly.

Claisen felt the hood of her cloak seized and she reacted by flicking the knife at the creature who held her as well as sending another blade flying at the prince--aiming for his shoulder. She didn't realize it was the tiger holding her until after the blade left her hands. Oops.

"I have a lot of problems, and you're one of them!" Claisen said, before remembering that ever-so-important rule of not talking to the victims until after they were deceased. Too late now.

"I don't even freakin' know you!" Cyrus dodged the blade and stared at her confused. The tiger didn't even flich when the blade peirced him, he held her but didn't harm her.

"Good! Because you aren't supposed to." She slumped as the dagger soared harmlessly past Cyrus. The tiger, at least, hadn't mauled her yet.

"If you must know, Prince Cyrus, I'm here to kill you." Really, that shouldn't have been so hard to guess given the knives and all. "Unfortunately, I can't." The words slipped out on their own accord and she gasped before wriggling. "Let me go!

"What are you another rebel? Look I can't help that my parents treat you guys like crap and your supposed to kill me right? The do it, death seems like my only choice at the moment." He stood up a bit straighter. "Let her down Scar." He told the tiger sternly. Scar hesitated before setting her down. He walked around her and stood protectivley beside Cyrus.

She fell into a crouch as soon as her feet touched the ground again, but just as quickly stood up and looked him over.

"What do you mean death is your only choice?" The guy had a tiger for crying out loud; he had more choices than he knew what to do with! She would keep an eye on that tiger, however. It was majestic if terrifying, and she didn't fancy those jaws closing over any of her limbs.

The tiger tried to leap forward and attak her again, but Cyrus grabbed the thick fur on his neck and held him back. The tiger growled in a low and menacing way.

"Look, I don't know who you are and I really don't want to know so why don't you just get on with your life and leave me alone!" He felt irritated by this strangers prescence and kne it wouldn't be long before his tiger disobeyed him and attaked her.

Claisen jumped as the tiger reached for her--but fortunately the prince was faster. She just glared at him and then took to her heels.

This wasn't over yet; not by a long shot. But that tiger would have to be the first to go if she wanted a chance at taking down Cyrus.

"Next time Scar won't listen to me and you'll be dead!" He yelled at her when she left. Cyrus whisteled a low tune, a few seconds later it got very windy and the beating of wings was very loud. A large pitch black pegasus landed in front of him. "Hello there Lance." Cyrus smiled and mounted the large steed. The horse jumped up and flew a ffew feet away, The larger tiger following them on foot.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » An Impossible Assignment (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus