Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Ilyana's token (open to all)

Lancelyn Fawkes (played by Freyya)

Not long after baby Elva was born, Thugs and hoodlums descended on hous Sannatho. Insey, Ilyana's husband, was on a business trip, and hadn't even seen Elva nor the Ilyana yet. Word spread of house Sannatho being almost unguarded, and a bandit warband led by Ryan Ironstep raided the mansion. By the time the bandits arrived, they found Ilyana dead. She had taken her own life. Seizing their moment, they grabbed everything of value in the room, including Ilyana's family heirloom. None of the raiders ever noticed the young baby sleeping in a dark corner of the room...

Elva woke up to someone calling her name. It was Ylasse, standing in the doorway of her room.
"Good morning, Ylasse."
"Good morning mistress Sannatho." he replied.
Elva rolled her eyes. "I told you not to call me that anymore, you can call me Elva."
Ylasse smiled slightly. "Whatever you say, mistress."
"That's it!" Elva sat up straight and threw her pillow at his face. He only just managed to dodge it, and dissapeared from the room, closing the door behind himself.

Elva got up and walked over to the mirror. She took off her nightgown and studied herself for a brief moment. I wish I was a bit taller... she thought, as she bit her lower lip. She then shrugged and dressed into one of her more comfortable gowns and walked outside. Her bare feet made no sound on the wooden floor as she made her way to her father's meeting room, where he usually was whenever he needed anything of her. He opened the door and peered inside. Her father was bowed over his desk, looking over some old maps. Ylasse was standing in a corner next to the door. Elva glared at him, but thenn smiled broadly. Ylasse smiled back slightly.
"You needed me, father?"
Insey looked up from his desk. "Yes dear, please take a seat over there." He pointed out at the comfortable chairs to her left. She walked over to one of them and sat down.
"So what's this about?" Just a few seconds, hun. I've got some people coming over who need to hear this as well." He smiled at her.

((ooc: I think you guys can figure out where all this is going! If you do not, feel free to ask away. You are free to join with whatever character you deem fit for the setting!))
Jadis (played anonymously)

(I'd like to join in, if that's okay.)
Lancelyn Fawkes (played by Freyya) Topic Starter

(Go right ahead :))

Jadis walked with haste. She had heard that Insey needed to speak with her urgently. It had been a long time since she had seen the Sannathos. She wondered if Elva had moved out yet, or if she remembered Jadis. They were practically the same age, after all.

Ah, it felt good to be in Elvish realms again. Jadis found her way to house Sannatho quite quickly, and promptly knocked. Thilga would like it here, Jadis thought. Thilga was always fond of elves.

Insey nodded at Ylasse, who opened the door for Jadis to enter. Elva raised an eyebrow. I know her...
"Welcome, Jadis. It's good to see you again!" he rose from his chair and walked up to her, raising his hand for her to shake.
Jadis? Elva thought. The name rang a bell, but she wasn't sure.

(I'd just like to point out the similarity between Jadis/Thilga and Elva/Ylasse. :P)

"Insey!" Jadis smiled and hugged the man. "It's been a while." She turned and smiled at Ylasse as well. "Ylasse," and Elva. "Elva. How have you all been?"

"Quite well, actually." Insey replied.
Elva's eyes grew wide. "Jadis? Jadis Marie?" she had finally recognized her.

"That's great!" Jadis stepped inside. "It's good to see you remember me, Ms. Sannatho." Jadis giggled. Her usual shy defensive demeanor was not present here- She trusted these people.

"So, Insey, what is this about?"

Insey walked back to his desk and motioned them all to sit down around the table. He opened the map and used some weights to keep it pinned down. "I got a letter, saying he found my late wife's amulet. As you know, our house was raided after she died, and several items of value have been taken. The amulet among them."
Elva's eyes grew wide. "Who found it?" she asked.
"We don't know. All we know is that the paper-" he passed the letter to Elva "- is made in the seffenil region." he pointed it out on the map. "I want you, Jadis, to go there and see if you can locate our source. He'll know more. Elva, I want you to accompany her."
"Me? I've never even fought before! How am I supposed to defend myself, or Jadis?" she argued.
"You're adapt at the use of your spears. You'll make it. Otherwise, Ylasse will be travelling along."
"But..." Elva was uncertain about all this. "What if it's a trap?"
Insey smiled. "In that case, you, Jadis and Ylasse will be perfectly capable of defending yourself."
Elva sat back in her chair. "Fine." she was unsure if it was wise to go there, but if the amulet was really there, she wanted to go get it.

Jadis raised a brow. "An adventure? That sounds fun. Of course I'll go."

Thilga, are you up for an adventure?

Always, m'lady.

"Well, Elva, besides allowing us to retrieve your family heirloom, this also gives us the chance to catch up! I haven't got much else to do, besides." At this Jadis frowned, remembering that she was hiding away from her own country.

"So when do we leave, Insey?"

"Immediately. This needs to be sorted out as quickly as possible." He threw a small purse of coins to Elva. "Just get your spears. You can buys any supplies nessecary with these coins on the way."
He then turned to Ylasse. "I want you to protect your charge with your life, am I clear?" he commanded.
"Yes, sir." Ylasse answered as he bowed.
"Stop being so rude to him, father. He's a friend."
"His father raped your mother!" he yelled.
"It is not his fault!" She yelled back just as hard. "Besides, if it wasn't for that, I wouldn't be here."
Insey choked back his comeback. "Go." he just said.
Elva gritted her teeth. "Follow me, Jadis." she said as she walked out. Ylasse followed her as well.

Jadis was surprised at this sudden revelation. She had known that Elva's mother died, but never why. Jadis followed Elva quickly out the door.
Thilga (played anonymously)

A man leaned against the wall outside of the house. His eyes were lowered, and his arms were crossed. He looked over at the three with a slight nod. His voice would echo loud and clear- Yet no movement his lips made.

I'll be accompanying you as guard on the quest. Call me Thilga.

Elva just nodded. She wasn't in the mood for a happy greeting right now.
"Ylasse, can you go get the horses?"
"Of course." He walked off into the stables.
Elva collected her dual spears from her room and changed into her travelling clothes. She walked back onto the courtyard. By that time, she had recollected her senses. "I'm sorry you had to hear all that."

"You're fine." Jadis said shyly.

"So, what do you suppose we do to prepare for the quest? How far is Seffenil?"

She smiled slightly. "About three days from here on horseback. Have you got any horses of your own with you?"

Jadis nodded. "Yes, I've got one. I've borrowed it from an innkeeper."

"What about thilga?"

((btw, is thilga using a picture from berserk, or am I seeing this wrong? :D))

"Thilga will ride with me, of course."

(I'm not sure, I just yoinked a picture from Google. No idea what it's from, all I know is that it portrays him accurately. XD)

((it's one of my favorite series, so I'm not complaining! :'D))

"Allright then."
Ylasse returned with the horses shortly, one white and one brown. Elva mounted the right one after strapping her spears cross-wise along her back. Ylasse mounted as well.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Ilyana's token (open to all)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus