Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Removing Activity Feed on Profile

Please let me know if there is a way to hide or eliminate the activity feed that is automatically displayed at the bottom of a personal profile. I have looked and found no such option.

Many thanks.
Sanne Moderator

There's no option to remove the activity feed, I'm afraid.

Out of curiosity, are you willing to share why you'd want to remove it? If not, that's fine!
ARCHITECT Topic Starter

I see. Thank you for the very prompt reply.
EdtheNeko

Sanne wrote:

Out of curiosity, are you willing to share why you'd want to remove it? If not, that's fine!

Could we have this as a feature?

It would be nice to clear up say doing a few texts on a public char's profile that you delete after just to have that spam of updates there. That or clear up stuff thats been there for weeks at a time or even the same thread reply over and over cut it down to one
Sanne Moderator

EdtheNeko wrote:
Sanne wrote:

It would be nice to clear up say doing a few texts on a public char's profile that you delete after just to have that spam of updates there. That or clear up stuff thats been there for weeks at a time or even the same thread reply over and over cut it down to one

What sort of texts do you mean? Journals are the only 'texts' that pop up in the activity feed, and only if you post them new. If you delete a journal it also gets removed from the feed automatically. :) The rest of notifications for characters are pictures, group/game tags, forum posts and friend connections.

Clearing up stuff that's older doesn't seem very useful to me though. I know I often check my friends' feeds if I haven't heard from them in some time to see if they're still around! Or I might have missed something on my home page that I can find there. And for us moderators it can really help to see when someone was last active, publicly at least, so we know which actions to take if they're necessary! :D
Kim Site Admin

EdtheNeko wrote:

If I'm reading this correctly, you're requesting a completely different feature than the one Wizard was asking about. You're asking to be able to delete individual notifications from characters, rather than removing the feed entirely from the user profile?

Since the point of notifications is to show the last activity, things are supposed to stay in the feed for weeks, months or even years if the character hasn't done anything new in the meanwhile.

You are on: Forums » Help » Removing Activity Feed on Profile

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus